• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

Your mommy says, ‘never cheat’but when it comes to cheat meals, a little betrayal resets your body’s metabolism and keeps it high. Believe it or not but cheat meal improves muscle synthesis by directing your body to imbibe energy from nothing else but this very food. Some more? Insulin levels decrease during the cheat day and digestion of fatty foods and saturated fats enhance. On that note, dump your guilt and do cheat once a week.

Gif 2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was thinking about deleting this, because it's definitely not in the spirit of our forum posts. Instead, I'll refer you to two of Steve's posts which talk about "cheat meals"

 

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/super-mario-eating/

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2-big-reasons-why-cheat-meals-are-worse-than-darth-vader/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sylvaa,

Sorry to say. I didn't find anything that bad in my post. You had to think to delete this post. Though I followed your given link and posted there also.:smile-new:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem I have with cheat meals, is they have a tendancy to become cheat--or eat--all-you-want-all-day--days.

 

And depending on what you eat during the day--this can really set you back.

 

I see nothing wrong with enjoying the occasional treat--like a slice of pie of cake--but only just the one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, stephen256 said:

Hi Sylvaa,

Sorry to say. I didn't find anything that bad in my post. You had to think to delete this post. Though I followed your given link and posted there also.:smile-new:

 

Thanks for responding - that's definitely a point in your favor! Your initial post definitely seemed like a spammer post. You posted in the wrong thread for this kind of discussion, your grammar is off (although I do recognize that we have a number of non-native English speakers, so it might be that), and you haven't posted anything related to yourself.

 

Also, did you read the articles or just post a response? The idea of a "cheat meal" or "cheat day" isn't necessary. 

 

26 minutes ago, EricM25 said:

The problem I have with cheat meals, is they have a tendancy to become cheat--or eat--all-you-want-all-day--days.

 

And depending on what you eat during the day--this can really set you back.

 

I see nothing wrong with enjoying the occasional treat--like a slice of pie of cake--but only just the one.

 

Also this ^

 

A common struggle I see here and in the Academy FB page is people struggling to track accurately. Adding in a cheat meal because, "there might be some benefits" can undue a lot of progress. Also, some people (myself included) struggle with the idea of rewarding good behaviors or bad days with food. Eating well is a reward in itself - we don't need to supply extra rewards through more food. Cheat meals also reinforce the idea of good foods and bad foods, where it is possible to adjust a single day to accommodate things like pizza or a slice of birthday cake. 

 

There are studies out there that eating at or above TDEE can have positive results for people depending on where they are in their weight loss progress, but there is no reason to think of that in terms of cheating - I can do the same thing with an extra avocado on a salad versus a serving of cookies and the additional avocado isn't going to trigger carb cravings. Also, this type of advice is generally for people who are closer to the end of their weight loss journey, not people just starting out. Sure body builders might be able to do this kind of thing once a week, but the average joe isn't going to have the same experience. 

 

Finally, insulin production is in response to high levels of sugars and carbohydrates. So eating a high carb meal is going to increase insulin in the body. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

 

 

 

5 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Thanks for responding - that's definitely a point in your favor! Your initial post definitely seemed like a spammer post. You posted in the wrong thread for this kind of discussion, your grammar is off (although I do recognize that we have a number of non-native English speakers, so it might be that), and you haven't posted anything related to yourself.

 

Also, did you read the articles or just post a response? The idea of a "cheat meal" or "cheat day" isn't necessary. 

 

Very well said,

 

I totally agree.

 

5 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Also this ^

 

A common struggle I see here and in the Academy FB page is people struggling to track accurately. Adding in a cheat meal because, "there might be some benefits" can undue a lot of progress. Also, some people (myself included) struggle with the idea of rewarding good behaviors or bad days with food. Eating well is a reward in itself - we don't need to supply extra rewards through more food. Cheat meals also reinforce the idea of good foods and bad foods, where it is possible to adjust a single day to accommodate things like pizza or a slice of birthday cake. 

 

There are studies out there that eating at or above TDEE can have positive results for people depending on where they are in their weight loss progress, but there is no reason to think of that in terms of cheating - I can do the same thing with an extra avocado on a salad versus a serving of cookies and the additional avocado isn't going to trigger carb cravings. Also, this type of advice is generally for people who are closer to the end of their weight loss journey, not people just starting out. Sure body builders might be able to do this kind of thing once a week, but the average joe isn't going to have the same experience. 

 

Finally, insulin production is in response to high levels of sugars and carbohydrates. So eating a high carb meal is going to increase insulin in the body. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, stephen256 said:

Totally agree with this.    I found this blog helpful. Cheat meal doesn't mean that you can eat everything or anything throughout the day.

 

I deleted a link from this post and I'm locking this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.