• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Enjoys Her Summer

I've decided to do an unchallenged this month. It's summer, it's often warm to here , and I'd rather just go with the flow of summer, take it easy a bit, and not have any written goals.

I'll still workout , I like working out, and this month is my final phase of GMB rings 1. I'll mostly eat smart, with a bit of non dairy ice cream and treats thrown in. I have set my computer alarm to go off daily at 9:15 am, which will remind me that I most likely want to get moving on my day. I'm not setting that as a goal though. I'm just going to set the alarm, and then let myself decide what I want to do. We shall see how that works out. 

I'm also doing a pull up PVP

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/110229-get-to-da-choppa-pull-up-pvp-aug-13-sept-9/

incredibles_2_helen_parr-500x500_c.jpg

• Like 10

Yesterday was super fun. Mr I. took the day off work, and we went to Whidbey Island to go geocaching. That's the same place we've gone a few times this year. About a tow hour drive, or you can take the ferry, and it a one hour trip. We usually drive one way and take the ferry back, to save a bit of money.

It was hot here yesterday (over 90 degrees) but on the coast where we were it was 70, which was perfect for hiking around. Gorgeous day, with a nice breeze. We went for a wallk on the beach , and then went looking for the geocaches on the forest trails. Found 10 caches, no did not finds. Walking 20,000 steps and 108 stairs eqquilavent in hills according to fitbit. 

Ended the day at a fun place with BBQ pork and fries.

Last week we went geocaching and found this Mario painted rock

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following, and I beat Sloth to get here first!

:glee:  Hi there

16 hours ago, Stribs said:

Following!!

Waving hello

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You’ve been in the groove for a long time; you could do unchallenges forever and keep making progress.

Thanks. I think you are right. I have several things now that are just habit, which is nice because I can just hit cruise control and still move forward.

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

Here for this! Nice geocaching day. :)

Thanks

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

This sounds like a nice four weeks to me. :)))

Hopefully!

3 hours ago, Callanthae said:

Rings 1 is a tough program -  I only went through the first few weeks myself, once upon a time. You'll have to show us the routine when it's done!

It is tought, but fun. You should start again. And yes, there will be videos

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You're always so inspiring whether doing a challenge or unchallenge, challenge.

Love that hand painted rock.

Aw, thanks. Yeah, I thought the rock was super cute

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Cute rock. :) Hmm not my go to adjective to describe a rock, but let's go with it. 

:smile-new:  Around here painting rocks is becoming quite the thing. Last walk we found a painted rock under some trees. That one asked you to move it and hide it somewhere else. And people paint rocks and put them in their garden

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Here to follow the un-ness of awesome!

Hi there!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sabretooth-Kitty said:

A relaxed yet actiev and healthy summer sounds awesome, hope it goes well! :-)

Thanks

3 hours ago, PrincessMononoke said:

emma-stone-01.gif

<3 <3 <3

:smug:

So tired right now.

I'm taking the week off rings, sort of a de-load, but still did lots of pullups  and rows for the mini challenge, so not that much of a de-load. But pull ups on  the bar are easier on the joints than on the rings (so my theory goes)

We have (had) a gigantic rhododendron in our front yard. As tall as our second story window. It had lots of aphids that we couldn't get rid of, so we decided to cut it back. Which meant basically cut all the smaller branches away and just leaving the main branches. Hubby cut the top last week, and Saturday and today I cut it down more. Gotta say it is satisfying to be strong enough to cut through even the bigger  branches with my clippers. That was something I didn't use to have the grip strength for. But it was a lot of work. Also, my dahlias are tall and keep falling over, and the stakes aren't thick enough, so I was trying to fix that problem.

This weekend we had our summer ball. All sorts of dancing; swing, salsa, two-step, contra, and waltz. We danced most of the dances and had a blast, but I'm sure that contributes  to my tiredness today. It's a good tired though.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Nymeria said:

Don't fret the unchallenge.  You're so consistent that you've kind of evolved beyond challenges anyway.  :)  

This is so profound and awesome.

Hundreds of rebels seek out the wisdom of Sage Elastigirl, who has evolved beyond...

2W0u.gif

Yardwork is so different than regular workouts too.   It always amazes me when I get to the point where I am doing Deadlifts a lot without DOMS, but then a weekend of pulling weeds and my hamstrings are like ... Wuuuuuut!?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Gotta say it is satisfying to be strong enough to cut through even the bigger  branches with my clippers. That was something I didn't use to have the grip strength for.

Yessss!!!  Life Gainz!!!!!  They're the best!

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Hundreds of rebels seek out the wisdom of Sage Elastigirl, who has evolved beyond...

Pretty much.  You were one of the first people I talked to on NF and pretty much solidified my want to be a ranger :) 

4 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Don't fret the unchallenge.  You're so consistent that you've kind of evolved beyond challenges anyway.  :)  

LOL. Thanks.  I think having goals motivates me, but then sometimes I get into the mode of always having to level up, which then turns into perfectionism,  which demotivates me

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

This is so profound and awesome.

2W0u.gif

Yardwork is so different than regular workouts too.   It always amazes me when I get to the point where I am doing Deadlifts a lot without DOMS, but then a weekend of pulling weeds and my hamstrings are like ... Wuuuuuut!?

Thanks.   all these kind words Make me feel like:

i-m-awesome-so-i-must-be-a-unicorn.jpg

2 hours ago, Stribs said:

Yessss!!!  Life Gainz!!!!!  They're the best!

Pretty much.  You were one of the first people I talked to on NF and pretty much solidified my want to be a ranger :) 

Life gainz are the best. And thanks, I'm so glad that I made you feel welcomed here and encouraged you to be a  Ranger. 

• Like 5

I think I mentioned that our dishwasher died a couple of weeks ago. Then we bought a new one, and it was set to be delivered Saturday. The installer brought it and it was damaged.:dispirited: So we are still without our dishwasher. And now we have smoke from wild fires, so our air is unhealthy, and I had to close all our windows. I am super happy we at least have AC in our bedroom, so I can go hide in there. But as far as food goes, it's sort of what ever is easiest to prepare, as our kitchen is super hot. And thankfully, Mr I is doing a  bunch of dishes. Today for desert I used  a Paleo pancake mix to make blueberry pancakes- yum! The dishwasher is scheduled to arrive on Saturday- let's hope that one is undamaged. On the other hand, I was reading about how people in a third world country had to hike 6 miles for water, and then it wasn't always clean, so having to do my own dishes really isn't that big of a problem:smile-new:

Worked out on the rower today while watching a documentary on Rich Froning (crossfit) which was pretty cool.Then I did a leg circuit, on the easiest progression. Also did some scapular pulls for the PVP mini .

Found this from GMB on shouldr mobilityhttps://gmb.io/shoulder-mobility-routine/

No walks due to the air quality

• Like 6