• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Enjoys Her Summer

Went geocaching on Monday and had a fun time. We went to Cougar Mountain -Thanks @ChangeAgent for reminding me about this great place.  We went a bit further then we planned and learned something new about the area, Harvey Manning Park is not at the same location as the Harvey Manning Trailhead. We went caching, found several caches. We  parked in a neighborhood park called Harvey Manning Park, and then followed the trail. Most of it was downhill. Found the caches, and then hiked back up.around    It was a steep hike , we hiked for a while and then stopped to decide if we wanted to go back to the car or keep going. We looked and there were just 3 caches left, and they were right near Harvey Manning Trail, which went right to Harvey Manning Trailhead. Cool, we thought, we can just hike it, and the caches are right on the way to the car. Sol we hiked on. It seemed to be more up, which we thought was odd , since we thought we were almost level with where our car was. But it's easy to get turned around in the woods, and the trail was clearly marked as Harvey Manning Trail. We hiked it found the caches, followed the trail sigh. As we got closer, we started to get a bad feeling, as it didn't look at all familiar. Then as we could see the Trailhead, we looked, and it wasn't a park at all, just a small trailhead with a few cars. Well, thought was o.k. they shared the same name, so I was sure the park was close by. At the trail head was a big sign with all the trails. And there was Harvey Manning Park, and it was not close to where we were at all. Looking at the map, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, we figured it was at most 2 miles that we had to go. Kind of frustrating. But, that happens when you are caching. Bonus extra steps. And we right, when we stopped earlier we had been about level with our car, so the trip back was mainly downhill. And because I am now prepared for such things I had extra snacks. Life is always better when you can stop and rest and have a snack. So we ended up doing about 1,300 feet elevation.

Since it was on sale today  I bought the NF pack with rings and handstand today. I thought the way that it focus on leveling up in specific skills looked fun. I sort of stalled out on handstand progress, so maybe I will get  back to it.

I started my new KB program today. She has the first two week as pretty easy, and I thought it would be a good de-load to start there. She lifts the weights to do for beginner, intermediate , strong and very strong. I could pretty easily do the very strong. Kind of weird, I forget how much strength I have gained. It was a fun workout, circuit style.

Starting next week, I am going to focus on losing some weight. When I was doing rings, I was on maintenance light bulk. Just sort of experimenting, to see if I could eat eough to gain muscle and minimal fat. I definitely have gained muscle. I can see it in my back, and the way my shirts fit on my shoulder. I've gained about 4 pounds, and about an inch on my belly and waist. All that to say, I'm really happy with the results. Basically, I tracked MFP on maintenance some of the time, some of the time I just ate how I felt trying to stop when full, and some of the time I just let myself eat more. I was planning on waiting until I gained a bit more , then focus on cutting, but the timing works out better to do it now. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

But, that happens when you are caching. Bonus extra steps.

Wow, at least you guys didn't get lost and woot on finding all the caches! That sounds like a serious extra few steps.

Glad you enjoyed the new KB programme, and woot! woot! for the new NF pack as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I could pretty easily do the very strong. Kind of weird

Not weird. Super strong amazing flying pixie ranger. ;) Maybe I should start playing with the NF handstand stuff again...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, at least you guys didn't get lost and woot on finding all the caches! That sounds like a serious extra few steps.

Glad you enjoyed the new KB programme, and woot! woot! for the new NF pack as well.

Yeah, at least when we ended up in a different place there was a huge wooden sign with a map so we could figure it out. Much better then wandering around on various trails.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Not weird. Super strong amazing flying pixie ranger. ;) Maybe I should start playing with the NF handstand stuff again...

Thanks, I mean it's weird to me. I forget that I'm strong. Oh you should play some with it.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I missed it, what’s your new program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kettlebells for Women. The author is Lauren Brooks. It's kettlebell circuit training, so it has various moves like presses, cleans, squats, swings and some bodyweight stuff

• Like 1

Did the KB circuit today. I thought it would be pretty easy, but it really kicked my butt. I had all the DOMS this afternoon, and doing it I was super winded. I'm  really better at grinding than at  circuit. But it's good for me to do occasionally.

Started with 10 x 3 scapular pulls. I've done this for the PVP 6 days a week, and really have improved with my mobility and grip

30 seconds each , no break between exercises 90  sec between sets, 3 sets

goblet 30#

2 hand swing 30# (tried 35  but couldn't do it for the whole 30 seconds)

1 hand plank, alternate hands

clean and press double, 15# and 20#

switch hand swings 25# ( or maybe it was 20#)

waiter hold carry 20#

Then some pulls, and I did more GTG pulls during the day. I'm sure it won't last long, but right now I am enjoying the fact that I am #1 in the Pull up PVP leaderboard

I also did some skill work for the NF Handstand. So far , I'm enjoying it. As you finish things, you complete a level, so it's super motivating to keep working on it. And the tutorial videos are well done. Right now it's just mobility work. I do fine on the hollow rocks, but I suck at the wall slides. There was a time in my life when I thought I was good, but I had no real idea of how to do them. 

• Like 6

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I missed it, what’s your new program?

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, Elastigirl said:

Kettlebells for Women. The author is Lauren Brooks. It's kettlebell circuit training, so it has various moves like presses, cleans, squats, swings and some bodyweight stuff

Ignoring the fact that the title is Kettlebells for Women, I think you would  really enjoy the workouts in the book. Like I said, it gives you several exercises to circuit through. It's set up in 4 week increments, and in each 4 week segments, you cycle through about 4 different circuits, so there is lots of variety. Plus they are super quick. Not sure why it's called Kettlebells for  Women, except for marketing purposes. There's a bit at the beginning that tells you what size to get, but you don't need that really. It's no where near as Testosterone loaded as Simple and Sinister:smug:r but they are good, solid workouts .

• Like 3

I like the Pavel’s machismo. It’s so over the top. Thanks for the recommendation. I checked it out it sounds like it’s right up my alley. I’ll start after the hammer race. Unless I get distracted and do something else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I like the Pavel’s machismo. It’s so over the top. Thanks for the recommendation. I checked it out it sounds like it’s right up my alley. I’ll start after the hammer race. Unless I get distracted and do something else.

I loved Pavel's machismo, it made me laugh. But, most of my friends don't see the humor. I am the Jane Fonda aerobic generation, who feared that if we lift 10 pounds, we would turn into Arnold.

pain-makes-me-grow-growing-1s-what-i-wan

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I loved Pavel's machismo, it made me laugh. But, most of my friends don't see the humor. I am the Jane Fonda aerobic generation, who feared that if we lift 10 pounds, we would turn into Arnold.

There are many people who seriously wish that were true these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There are many people who seriously wish that were true these days.

Right.:glee:No wonder I get frustrated when I  don't progress fast enough. I think I'm still hoping that one day I'll wake  up, look at myself in the mirror, and think "Dang, I'm swoll":friendly_wink:

• Like 2