• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl Enjoys Her Summer

7 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

This weekend I made a couple of cars of pickles and pickle relish from the cucumbers in our garden.

Yum! I love me some homemade pickle relish.

Given the lack of air quality, I think you made the best of the week. It's hard to do much of anything when you can't breathe properly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Yum! I love me some homemade pickle relish.

Given the lack of air quality, I think you made the best of the week. It's hard to do much of anything when you can't breathe properly.

I hope it turns out good.

Thanks, you are probably right. I was sort of down on myself  because of it, but I think it just was the best I could do

Yesterday I used our food processor to grate up about 16 cups of zucchini my friend had given me. I freeze it and use it in soups or muffins. Today I made an apple pie for dinner tomorrow(we are having family over) and I sliced too many apples, so I had to make apple crisp for tonight (hubby was not sad about that) We had the cucumber relish on salmon patties and it was good. I'm feeling pretty happy about using so much of the summer's bounty. On Thursday, I plan to slice and freeze a bunch of apple, and make apple butter.

It was a gorgeous day, sunny and no smoke. Did a leg workout and then went for a walk. Then, since this may be the last really warm day of summer, I took a book outside and read. It was super relaxing. I had to hustle the rest of the day, as I was cleaning house and prepping for overnight company tomorrow, but it was worth it

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

It was a gorgeous day, sunny and no smoke. Did a leg workout and then went for a walk. Then, since this may be the last really warm day of summer, I took a book outside and read.

It's so funny, for the longest time it was all about avoiding the heat for me, and now it's about taking advantage of every last sunny moment! :D 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

It's so funny, for the longest time it was all about avoiding the heat for me, and now it's about taking advantage of every last sunny moment! :D 

Yep, that's the truth here too.:smile-new:

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Savor the summer.  I hear ya there!     Doing the same thing myself on Friday with a nice long bike ride!

Sounds like a nice way to enjoy it

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As a Texan in August:
Image result for wait, what gif

It doesn't get not hot down here till October.

And that is why I'm not moving to Texas.:friendly_wink: We often have very nice fall weather, sunny and in the 60's and 70's. Perfect geocaching weather.

• Like 5

II bought this workout book from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1612430279/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kettlebells for  Women , workouts for a strong,sexy, sculpted, body. I'm pretty sure that after 6 weeks of the program, I'll have a body just like Lauren Brooks (the author):smile-new:

It has a lot of fun exercises I've wanted to do, but in a program all laid out for me, so I don't have to think about it. It's a 12 week program, but I think I'll just do it for 6 weeks, and then I"m going to do GMB's Paralette program.

Had family over for dinner  last night. Made Instant Pot Carnitas and homemade salsa, and it was a big hit. Only less spicy because my inlaw are from the Midwest.

https://nomnompaleo.com/2017/04/18/2017041820170418instant-pot-pressure-cooker-carnitas

Froze 24 cups of sliced apples today, and went on two walk- one by myself and one with hubby in the evening

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Kettlebells for  Women

Are you sure you didn't write this book? :D 

Kettlebells and Elastigirl go together like peanut butter and chocolate bacon and eggs (figured since this is NF it should sound a little healthier).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Are you sure you didn't write this book? :D 

Kettlebells and Elastigirl go together like peanut butter and chocolate bacon and eggs (figured since this is NF it should sound a little healthier).

:glee: No, if I write a kettlebell book, it's going to be a middle aged woman's guide to Pavel's SImple and Sinister.:smile-new:

I love both combinations, bacon and eggs are amazing, and I contend that peanut butter and chocolate is a health food:smile-new:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Enjoy the book and the new programme, and playing with your KBs. :D

You've been so busy with all the fruit and veg preparations. Wow, so impressive! :loyal:

Thanks, and now I want to make some applesauce and apple butter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Bacon and chocolate is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a recipe for GF bacon brownies. I don't think I've ever had bacon and chocolate, but they are two of my favorite things, so it has to be amazing

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

:glee: No, if I write a kettlebell book, it's going to be a middle aged woman's guide to Pavel's SImple and Sinister.:smile-new:

Ok I have to say I really love this idea! I feel like most programs are tailored towards men in their prime and I think it'd be awesome to have companion guides for people that don't fit into that category. They could have information about things like recovery, deloads and micro progressions and managing expectations.

And nice flow! Looking strong!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ok I have to say I really love this idea! I feel like most programs are tailored towards men in their prime and I think it'd be awesome to have companion guides for people that don't fit into that category. They could have information about things like recovery, deloads and micro progressions and managing expectations.

And nice flow! Looking strong!

I think the Turkish Get ups are great for women, but my friends are so intimidated by Pavel's book. That's a great idea about adding in recovery and managing expectations. Now I just haveto convince Pavel it's a good idea.:smile-new:

40 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Amazing flying pixie ranger!!! 

Thanks, and I think that should be my new nickname, I love it!

• Like 3

On 8/31/2018 at 9:58 PM, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, and now I want to make some applesauce and apple butter

Yummy!

On 9/1/2018 at 12:44 AM, Elastigirl said:

I have a recipe for GF bacon brownies. I don't think I've ever had bacon and chocolate, but they are two of my favorite things, so it has to be amazing

I once drizzled melted chocolate over crispy-ish bacon, trying to entice Rocco to eat bacon. Didn't work, and not because we ate all the 'bacolate'. I also like both, but I think I'll stick to having them separate.

15 hours ago, annyshay said:

Amazing flying pixie ranger!!! 

:love_heart: Looking good on the rings, as usual, EG.

• Like 1

More inspiration found on the Elastigirl thread!   Looks great girl!   I love watching you on the rings.

PB&C is a food group.   It's near the top of the pyramid I think.

Buckeyes are one of my favorite things.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:44 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Yummy!

I once drizzled melted chocolate over crispy-ish bacon, trying to entice Rocco to eat bacon. Didn't work, and not because we ate all the 'bacolate'. I also like both, but I think I'll stick to having them separate.

:love_heart: Looking good on the rings, as usual, EG.

I would eat that bacon-all of it!

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

More inspiration found on the Elastigirl thread!   Looks great girl!   I love watching you on the rings.

PB&C is a food group.   It's near the top of the pyramid I think.

Buckeyes are one of my favorite things.

Thanks. I love pb and c. I googled buckeys- nom. These look so good! They may be happening for Christmas candy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

HEY EG, so so so sorry ive been so insular and not supported you on your journey. Here i am, very very late but offering you love and support ! Ill do better ! xx

No worries, I know the forums have so many awesome people, and it's just super hard to keep up. I'm happy when you can stop by and say hi.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 12:58 PM, Elastigirl said:

I think the Turkish Get ups are great for women, but my friends are so intimidated by Pavel's book. That's a great idea about adding in recovery and managing expectations. Now I just haveto convince Pavel it's a good idea.:smile-new:

I want the cover shot to be you perched up on Pavel's shoulder doing a one-handed KB press :-)

• Like 1