• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 49: Sun, You Won’t Defeat Me

Following along.

What is low carb falafel? I mean how is it low carb?

It’s made out of cauliflower & herbs with egg and coconut flour as the binder - worked pretty well; was as dense and a touch dry as a normal falafel - next time, I may use more egg to make it less so.

I’ve got a recipe typed up; it’ll hit my blog some time in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:30 AM, darkfoxx said:

Miscalculated how hungry I was again and got the spins while walking home

I've been having this issue lately too - 3 nights in a row now I've woken up at like.. 2:30AM STARVING and having to go eat something or I can't fall back asleep. 

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

It’s made out of cauliflower & herbs with egg and coconut flour as the binder - worked pretty well; was as dense and a touch dry as a normal falafel - next time, I may use more egg to make it less so.

I was going to ask the same thing - this sounds delicious! Do you think adding some sort of fat would make it less dry too or do you think that would make it too fall-y apart-y?

• Like 1

I was going to ask the same thing - this sounds delicious! Do you think adding some sort of fat would make it less dry too or do you think that would make it too fall-y apart-y?

Maybe? Cheese would definitely help for the non lactose-challenged, but then it wouldn’t be a falafel ...

Not sure what other type of fat would bind it well - would definitely make juicier; but then again, my general issue with regular falafels is the dense dryness

Oops. Skipped an update.

Tuesday

Coffee & smoothie for breakfast

Tuesday group

Wandered a new (to me) mall - found a Holika Holika and couldn’t resist picking up a few things - am super going back to buy Gudetama makeup

Took myself to a Bigass lunch

Ate some coconut for dinner

Had double protein shakes before bed

1246 Calories
52g carbs
55g fats
137g protein

Posted Instagram
Posted video
POD
Caught up with Nerds

The dog walker came today and made little Miss a happy pup

Wednesday

Morning coffee

Breakfast out with friends - half a piece of toast with butter & jam, 6 egg white omelette with beef bacon, 4 thin asparagus spears, mixed fruit, Americano with soy - left the yogurt & potatoes that rounded out my “healthy” breakfast.

Lunch was some barbacoa at like 3

Dinner was rotisserie chicken + the last of the leftover cauli mash

Teddy Bear Night Night before bed

Discovered that asshole dog peed in the bed sometime yesterday afternoon - most likely when the cleaning lady was there, because it was under the top blanket - so, either she put the blanket down anyways, or didn’t see it.

There goes her two week streak of good behavior.

1146 Calories
63g carbs
48g fats
123g protein

Didn’t catch up with Nerds
POD

Also just got a clicker for training - aaaaand she is scared of it if we use it inside + too distracted outside to want treats. That was a purchase well made.

And my boots I hope will last me 10 years are in + thick socks to help with the breaking in process + a packable down jacket that covers my butt - I think I’m ready to brave 60F temps in Kiev!

Also may go somewhere coolish for a long weekend this winter to break all this gear in further. That, or I’ll end up in this jacket in the house once it cools off here again.

Suuuuuuper can’t wait for the humidity to leave my house - hoping it leaves before mold starts growing. Trying to sleep in damp sheets is gross and having ones’ toes go pruny because you’re sitting near a door is also not the best feeling on Earth.

/whine

• Like 2

14 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Maybe? Cheese would definitely help for the non lactose-challenged, but then it wouldn’t be a falafel ...

Not sure what other type of fat would bind it well - would definitely make juicier; but then again, my general issue with regular falafels is the dense dryness

Honestly butter isn't a bad binder - not in a strict bindy kind of sense like egg or cornstarch but it definitely helps keep dry stuff together and less crumbly.  Like cookie dough.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Suuuuuuper can’t wait for the humidity to leave my house - hoping it leaves before mold starts growing. Trying to sleep in damp sheets is gross and having ones’ toes go pruny because you’re sitting near a door is also not the best feeling on Earth.

How long are y'all planning on staying in the Sandpit?

5-7 years, ideally - plenty of time to get adjusted to these new seasonal issues!

• Like 1

5-7 years, ideally - plenty of time to get adjusted to these new seasonal issues!

Honestly butter isn't a bad binder - not in a strict bindy kind of sense like egg or cornstarch but it definitely helps keep dry stuff together and less crumbly.  Like cookie dough.

True - might be a good way to get the outside browned as well; I brushed mine with some oil.

Yesterday

Last trainer session of this first 4-week cycle - he’s happy with my progress. Down a (very) little in weight, down a bit in fat percentage, increased endurance and increased strength.

We have 3 sessions together until we are both traveling - where he’s warned that he’s upping the cardio game.

And he wants me more active overall - so I’m doing an additional cardio day this weekend and I need to do 2 yoga sessions between now and Sunday night.

New frame of mind going forward: on days I don’t leave my neighborhood, or are ending up spending a lot of time at home - do something. Yoga at home if I classes aren’t fitting in my schedule; podcast treadmill walk with a round of weights if I don’t want to make yoga happen.

While I’m in Kuwait: something active before I leave for the afternoon each day. Don’t eat like an asshole.

Kiev: do what I can. I imagine there will be a lot of walking.

Lunch was out with a girlfriend - steak with peppercorn sauce & sautéed veggies; 2 coffees

Controlled my damn self and did not join friend in her peanut butter hot chocolate with cereal at the cereal cafe we landed at on a whim. Suuuuuuuper wanted coco pops in my cappuccino

Dinner was rotisserie chicken, egg & balsamic zoodles

Teddy Bear Night Night before bed

1382 Calories
88g carbs
57g fats
135g protein

Caught up with Nerds
POD

• Like 3

Friday

Coffee & smoothie

Leftover lamb korma for lunch

Arabic class & coffee

Out to dinner with my trigger person re:food because she’s just gotten back into town - ordered the whole goddamn menu (it seemed) - a massive bbq grill platter + Keto fried rice + Keto chapati

Ate too damn much

Home

1627 Calories
69g carbs
79g fat
140g protein

Yesterday

Coffee for breakfast

Gym for some light cardio

Waited too damn late to have breakfast and made bad choices - 2 rolls with butter while waiting for my salmon tropical salad with added chicken

Whoo doggy lots of calories

Mall walk

Nuts for dinner

Protein shake before bed

1364 Calories
77g carbs
40g fats
125g protein

Nerds were caught up on at least Friday
PODs taken & posted
Recipe posted
Instagram(s) posted
Video posted (late)
Friends reached out to

• Like 2

Yesterday

Coffee & went out for breakfast: the first sweet potato hash I’ve had in a year + eggs + hollandaise - no additional coffee because all they had was cow

Mall walk - heard a particular grocery got in a batch of dog beds & stuff; the quality was poo so we didn’t get pupper anything

Napped in the car for a few minutes while DH ran in to the QDC to grab his whiskey & renew his license

Lunch was mostly skipped - had a protein shake when I got home because I was then starving

Napped

Ate leftover grilled meats + cauli rice for dinner

Went and did outside yoga - which was a hot and sweaty mess, but good

1383 Calories
47g carbs
71g fats
140g protein

• Like 2

Yesterday

Trainer workout - I’ve got 3 sessions with him this month before we are both traveling, and he’s upped our intensity.

Insert unhappy toddler pout face.

Workout involved (in no particular order):
deadlift form lifts (15 reps no weight)
deadlifts with my usual 25kg (rounds of 15)
deadlifts with moar weight - I think 5kg more (rounds of 15)
sled pushes as approximating sprinting as possible - in 3 or 4 round batches
There/back/there/back empty
There/back 10kg
There/back 15kg
There/back 20kg
TRX combos: push-ups/sitting pull-ups
Kb swings
Slam balls
Jump rope and extra jump rope because I’m extra and was doing it wrong - apparently, I’m prone to double jumps and my brain can’t fathom single turn/single jump

And then I was dead

Threw on a maxi dress over my workout gear & freshened up in the Uber

Met girlfriends for lunch at the W Cafe - managed to have a healthy salad (pea tendrils/watercress/edible flowers/raspberry vinaigrette/coconut flakes) and added chicken

Came home and napped a bit - brain almost convinced me to go back to the gym

Dinner was leftover grilled meats & cauli rice

Brain screamed at me that it needed snacks after dinner

Pupper walk

1466 Calories
76g carbs
69g fat
140g protein

Caught up with Nerds
POD

Have not done whatever the mini is this week, but I think I was swapping last week for this week? I know I still have to do the grooming feat - my hair is a damn disaster. Still haven’t heard from my hairdresser; not sure if she’s back in town or not.

Boo.

• Like 3

Yesterday

Coffee Morning - didn’t eat till lunch; had a salad - frisée, grilled zucchini & eggplant, tzatziki, added grilled chicken

Hung out with friends for the rest of the afternoon until DH came to pick me up

Dinner was leftover grilled chicken, the last of the leftover cauli rice & 2 Tbsp. lactose free yogurt

Also needed snack nuts again, despite being over on calories

1374 Calories
57g carbs
77g fats
129g protein

POD
Caught up with Nerds
Forgot to film & post video
Scheduled grooming feat - Haircut is set for Sunday

Yesterday

Smoothie & coffee

Dealt with this face:
b8f7ba0ce9b5a91bc1269d37745784a4.jpg

Someone figured out what the suitcases meant

Trainer workout - leg day

Introduction to box jumps - lots of box jumps and jumps over cones to prepare - so. many. jumps.

Goblet squats and more of those

Split lunges and lots of them

TRX lunges and something else I forgot

Those damn scorpion butt curl up things again

Relaxing raised hip bridges

Aerodyne bike of murder forever

Went to friends’ house - had too many snack nuts while waiting for lunch to be ordered; Split an Indian chicken and salad for actual lunch

Came home and had rotisserie chicken for dinner

Talked with my dad for a couple hours on the phone

Bed early to read

1407 Calories
43g carbs
95g fats
98g protein

Caught up with Nerds
POD
Gathered a lot of underpants on all fronts

• Like 3

Yesterday

Lactose free yogurt + peanut butter + protein powder & coffee for breakfast

Coffee while out at Arabic

Took myself for a late lunch to sushi/miso soup/okonomiyaki

Chicken for dinner

Protein shake to attempt to hit my macro

1307 Calories
61g carbs
47g fats
113g protein

POD
Filmed & posted a video
Caught up with my Nerds
Extra Nerd catching up scheduled

Pupper was mostly fine for day 2 of the single ladies life - a little restless in the evening and we have a whole new spatial relationship in the bed, but good overall.

• Like 1

Dammit. Forgot to update again

Don’t remember what day I was on, but:

Saturday went out with friends; had 4 drinks when I meant to have 2 (at least they were gin & tonics then vodka sodas - could have been worse - 3 head-sized beer-ritas were consumed in the group), am now working with pupper on not jumping on the bed at all ever even during the middle of the night without permission because she freaking peed again - at 4 am - while I was still kinda tipsy.

Absolutely not when I want to change sheets.

We’ve also been working on “leave me the fuck alone until 6:30; I don’t care if you’re up at 4 and want breakfast”

Needless to say, it’s been a challenging couple of days and I’m really freaking excited to be traveling away from her little ass for 4 days.

Food has been decent; Calories have been a bit high, and protein goal has been a struggle

Had my last trainer workout for the next 3 weeks Monday - where I learned what a back squat was, that I can do them, and that I can, in fact, squat hella deep with my torso up and feet flat (with TRX straps for balance at least). Sneaksy trainer.

Also dug up the NF Academy workouts and may give those a go again in the meantime - and am working out tomorrow and Wednesday in the hotel before leaving for the day.

Grooming feat done
Instagrams & videos posted
Recipe posted
Sweaty-ass outside yoga in 40C temps with hella humidity Sunday

Challenge was pretty good this round - managed to stay fairly consistent and do what needed to be done.

Whoo!

New challenge coming; Travel day - goals will likely be largely the same, as I’m aiming to not screw the progress I’ve made in the next 3 weeks.

• Like 2

Dammit. Forgot to update again

Don’t remember what day I was on, but:

Saturday went out with friends; had 4 drinks when I meant to have 2 (at least they were gin & tonics then vodka sodas - could have been worse - 3 head-sized beer-ritas were consumed in the group), am now working with pupper on not jumping on the bed at all ever even during the middle of the night without permission because she freaking peed again - at 4 am - while I was still kinda tipsy.

Absolutely not when I want to change sheets.

We’ve also been working on “leave me the fuck alone until 6:30; I don’t care if you’re up at 4 and want breakfast”

Needless to say, it’s been a challenging couple of days and I’m really freaking excited to be traveling away from her little ass for 4 days.

Food has been decent; Calories have been a bit high, and protein goal has been a struggle

Had my last trainer workout for the next 3 weeks Monday - where I learned what a back squat was, that I can do them, and that I can, in fact, squat hella deep with my torso up and feet flat (with TRX straps for balance at least). Sneaksy trainer.

Also dug up the NF Academy workouts and may give those a go again in the meantime - and am working out tomorrow and Wednesday in the hotel before leaving for the day.

Grooming feat done
Instagrams & videos posted
Recipe posted
Sweaty-ass outside yoga in 40C temps with hella humidity Sunday

Challenge was pretty good this round - managed to stay fairly consistent and do what needed to be done.

Whoo!

New challenge coming; Travel day - goals will likely be largely the same, as I’m aiming to not screw the progress I’ve made in the next 3 weeks.