• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Daryl of Barbaria

Druids' Sacred Grove: General Chatter

I thought I'd put up a place for general chatter, as we appear to be lacking one at the moment. Feel free to gather 'round, and converse about...whatever. Sacred doesn't have to mean formal. Be as informal as you like. Just be kind. Kindness is what is sacred here.

400px-Ancient_monoliths_in_Mawphlang_sac

Admins, feel free to remove if this goes against any formal or informal policy (though I would humbly request a replacement general chat be put up).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I'm just going to put this very informal invite here:

Fun fact: A lot of NFL players do yoga. :) 

Thanks for posting the invite.

But I must say...football is lame. :stupid:  Throw tomahawks instead. :ph34r:

t-hawk%202_zpslvvcwwcj.jpg

• Like 1

I may try out the football thing, but I'd rather be throwing tomahawks!  

Korea is neat, but it is a very compact country.  Finding a spot to get away from it all in Colorado was easy.   Here, more of a challenge.  Anyone know of an isolated, not many people hiking spot out here?

- Murphy's Roommate

21 hours ago, Murphy's Roommate said:

I may try out the football thing, but I'd rather be throwing tomahawks!  

Korea is neat, but it is a very compact country.  Finding a spot to get away from it all in Colorado was easy.   Here, more of a challenge.  Anyone know of an isolated, not many people hiking spot out here?

- Murphy's Roommate

That depends on local laws on such things. Or if you are on a military base, I'm guessing it would be a firm "no."

Maybe, just maybe, there are some dedicated ranges set up for such things? I've noticed "axe-throwing" indoor ranges have become a bit in style here in the U.S.

Daryl - 

Axe throwing on base - eh, not out here in Korea.  Well, I might be able to form a club for it, but that is a lot of work.

I'm mostly looking for isolated places to go hiking.  The weather has finally turned from brutal heat and humidity, to only a lot of heat and humidity.  Soon, it will be decent weather for hiking!

- Murphy's Roommate

17 hours ago, Murphy's Roommate said:

Axe throwing on base - eh, not out here in Korea.  Well, I might be able to form a club for it, but that is a lot of work.

And I suppose the MP/ MAA types wouldn't be to keen on doing it unofficially. They aren't known for their understanding nature or sense of humor.

Best of luck finding a solution. One thing you could try is the rabbit stick or throwing stick as an alternative to tomahawks. I would think they tend to attract a lot less negative attention in parks, lacking the sharp metal edges and all. Most people would probably assume you are just throwing a boomerang (that doesn't come back).