• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Brovatar Korra

Brovatar Korra Masters Metalbending

tumblr_ngn77eVWyk1qe1axbo1_1280.gif

The next 4 weeks are the second installment of my quest to the November UPA powerlifting meet. My third official comp will be the ultimate showcase of my metalbending powers. Mastering metalbending takes discipline of mind and body. Therefore my  goals are:

1. Follow the training plan.

Do not do more, do not do less (5 days per week). I have a coach who is writing all of my meet prep from now until meet day November 19th. I just finished Week 1 (or Week 15, depending on if you count up or down). It was tough and challenging but in an exciting way and I can tell already this is going to be a great training cycle.

2. Eat at or below daily calorie goal (2,050)

Last challenge I struggled with this one, often going over by 100-200 calories here and there. This time around I am adding an extra incentive. If I accomplish this task 5/7 days the first week, I am buying myself some APEMAN strong sweatpants. No sweatpants until I hit a consistent week.

3. Make the 198# weight class

At the beginning of the previous challenge, my starting weight was 217.2 lb. The math worked out to dropping 19 lb over the following 4 months to reach this goal. This morning I weighed in at 213.0 lb, which leaves 15 lb to go over the next 14 weeks. Why is it a big deal to compete in the 198 lb class versus SHW? Part of it is making my wilks more competitive, but I also truly believe I am carrying too much weight on my frame for optimal mobility and endurance. I want to be able to do more than 5 heavy reps without dying. And more than 10 moderate reps without dying. And the third reason is for longevity. I am very healthy right now (in the all ways important to western medicine) but I want to also be healthy 10 years from now, and 20 years from now. Not to mention fitting back into size 16 clothes would re-open half of my wardrobe currently collecting dust in the closet.

I could attempt a water cut if it comes down to it, but I am not very good at them and would like to avoid it if I can.

The ultimate goal is to match or hit new personal bests in the lower weight class. Also, if I compete at 198 I have a shot at getting my numbers on the gym chalk board. I'm going to get on that wall.

tumblr_no6wj03Xep1sc34dmo1_500.gif

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Chaosbane said:

Hey good luck with your goals and the meet! I am going to spectate a meet in October, and then look to finding a local novice one to sign up to.

That's awesome!

Well Monday I already went over my intended calories lol. I had to stay an hour late at the pharmacy helping a patient, by the time I got out I was starving, so husband and I got cheeseburgers on the way home. Recovered today though, back on track.

Monday BP workout was great! 140# 4x4. So according to https://whatanimaldoyoulift.herokuapp.com  I bench pressed a baby giraffe 16 times.

baby-giraffe.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

That's awesome!

Well Monday I already went over my intended calories lol. I had to stay an hour late at the pharmacy helping a patient, by the time I got out I was starving, so husband and I got cheeseburgers on the way home. Recovered today though, back on track.

Monday BP workout was great! 140# 4x4. So according to https://whatanimaldoyoulift.herokuapp.com  I bench pressed a baby giraffe 16 times.

baby-giraffe.png

I just ruined productivity in our IT office by sharing thay link:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I spent way too much time entering numbers in between sets last night. That link is hilarious!

I might log my workout on here tonight in terms of animals.

_Squat_ An adult panda for 5 reps.
_Bench_ A baby porpoise for 6 reps
_deadlift_ an adult alligator for 7 reps

Edited by Chaosbane
typo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Blocky said:

That's a super weird metric...

However, I was curious... I got this:

35 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I spent way too much time entering numbers in between sets last night. That link is hilarious!

32 minutes ago, Chaosbane said:

I might log my workout on here tonight in terms of animals.

_Squat_ An adult panda for 5 reps.
_Bench_ A baby porpoise for 6 reps
_deadlift_ an adult alligator for 7 reps

yes-yes-excellent-memegenerator-net-3075

• Haha 2

Tuesday and Wednesday training sessions went great overall. But I am only 1/3 days on eating within my calorie range. I better get my shit together for the rest of the week or no APEMAN strong sweatpants! 

However, in terms of the ultimate resultant goal of calorie reduction (weight loss) I actually have lost another pound this week, now sitting at 211.2 lb. So now I can't decide if I should buy them anyway at the end of the week to celebrate still making progress toward my goals or refuse to buy the pants out of a semantic sense of discipline.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

So now I can't decide if I should buy them anyway at the end of the week to celebrate still making progress toward my goals or refuse to buy the pants out of a semantic sense of discipline.

Sounds like you can't decide if you should follow your rules or break them?

Is that accurate?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumble said:

Sounds like you can't decide if you should follow your rules or break them?

Is that accurate?

source.gif

Today was a recovery day, and I'm all geared up about tomorrow's workout (second lower body day). While at work earlier I could tell my right SI joint was locked up, so I kept doing this exercise in my chair to get it to release. We have an open workspace so I imagine I looked like a crazy person. It eventually worked though!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brovatar Korra said:

While at work earlier I could tell my right SI joint was locked up, so I kept doing this exercise in my chair to get it to release. We have an open workspace so I imagine I looked like a crazy person. It eventually worked though!

SI joints are the worst... it took my chiro 8 months and several thousand dollars to get mine to go back into place...

1 hour ago, Blocky said:

SI joints are the worst... it took my chiro 8 months and several thousand dollars to get mine to go back into place...

Maybe just buy a GPS next time?

Week 1 Recap 

1. Follow the training plan. Accomplished!

Did all 5 days, although I had a few accessories I ran out of time to do throughout the week, so I cobbled together the 4-5 stragglers into an epic Saturday accessory extravaganza.

2. Eat at or below daily calorie goal (2,050) Accomplished!

Barely squeaked by but got 5/7 days, average 2,032 calories. Average protein 133g.

3. Make the 198# weight class Progress!

Some weekly averages below...

Beginning of previous challenge: 217.2

Zero week this challenge: 214.4

Week 1: 212.2

Today I was 211.0, once I drop into the 210s it will be lowest I've weighed in over a year. Exciting!

On 8/16/2018 at 11:23 PM, Grumble said:

Maybe just buy a GPS next time?

3lcDPOz.gif

• Like 2

Monday
Floor presses 3x5 135
DB OHP 3x12 22.5
Other accessories

Tuesday
Squats 3 singles 270
Schraw squats 30 sec hold, 50 sec hold
Other accessories

Best squat day I’ve had in a long time felt strong in every position of the lift! Not sure if it was my new Hak pre-workout, jammin out to my favorite lifting music, or maybe just starting to see the results of good programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

210.8 !!!

NippyImpeccableIcelandicsheepdog-small.g

Officially the lowest I've weighed in about two and half years. Down 15# from my all-time highest, and down 7# since starting this slow cut ~2 months ago. The cozy APEMAN sweats I wanted were sold out :( so I bough a t-shirt instead. :) 

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to crush a bench session.

tumblr_ndapeyMeMv1te3e3io1_500.gif

• Like 5