Thursday 

Paused BP 2x1 160

DB BP 25x12, 30x12, 35x12

Accessories

Friday

Box SQ (for speed) 4x3 195

DL (for speed) 6x1 225

Accessories

Somebody at the pharmacy isn't able to work on Saturday so I was voluntold/chosen to work. That's okay though I get extra pay and then time off later in the week! And I go to the bottom of the "emergency pull" list. So this is win-win-win.

• Like 2

Well yesterday was the most ridiculous work day ever. Our hospital has 80 beds. We discharged 20 people. We discharged 25% of the hospital!

I have about 90 minutes to train in the mornings. I have to give a bit of extra time to warming-up, so I usually run out of time before being able to get to the final accessory movement of the day. Therefore today is going to be a fun epic bro-session, where I knock out all the unfinished accessories that have accumulated over the last 4 training sessions :)

Another milestone - this morning I was 209.4 !!! I have not weighed <210 since the summer of 2016, so this is very exciting. I am aware though since I was busy running around the hospital all day yesterday and no time for snacking, I ended up eating about 50g less carbs than I normally do. So the 1lb weight loss overnight was likely water weight from less carbs, and will return today/tomorrow. I don't care though I'm going to celebrate anyway!

JP4K.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Well yesterday was the most ridiculous work day ever. Our hospital has 80 beds. We discharged 20 people. We discharged 25% of the hospital!

How do you decide which parts of the building to get rid of...? :blink:

• Haha 2

Week 2 Recap 

1. Follow the training plan. Accomplished!

2. Eat at or below daily calorie goal (2,050) Somewhat?

One day short, 4/7 days, average 2,029 calories. Average protein higher than last week at 145g.

3. Make the 198# weight class Hellz yeah!

Week 0 avg: 214.4

Week 1 avg: 212.2

Week 2 avg: 211.1

12 weeks until competition, 12 pounds to go.  This is a slow enough rate of weight loss that so far it hasn't impacted my training sessions at all. I have also put a lot of focus towards sleep and recovery. Sometime between now and November I will likely have to drop my calories further, but will avoid tinkering until I need to.

b8ab2c1c9cb9b90b7e6e72f1c589fe48.gif

• Like 3

Monday

BP 4x4 150#

DB OHP 3x7 30# (PR over last time!)

Accessories

Tuesday

Box Squat plus 2 sets of chains - 225x1, 245x1, 255x1

1.5 squats 3x5 135#

Accessories

I am beat up! Time to go to bed.

671734a0313b6c8636b431e6c1edc39381ef60da

• Like 1

Thursday

BP Wide grip 2RM - 175x2, tried 180 but missed the second rep :(

Accessories - until I tripped returning DBs to the rack and smashed my knuckle. It is just a little bruised and swollen, nothing serious. I am a clumsy oaf.

LRxMdmo.gif

Friday
Squats 6x3 225# - felt great
DL 4RM - killed 265 then only got 3 reps at 285. Grrrr.
Weight is holding steady at 209, happy I’ve kept it here but may have to finally slice off another 100 or so calories to keep moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I survived Labor Day weekend! A bit of water retention from extra carbs and salt, will hopefully be pretty much gone by tomorrow. Today I started my next 4 week wave of programming, time to ramp up the volume! Blech. 

Tuesday

Bench Press - 130# plus one set of chains - 9x3

Pretty sure I've never done 9 sets of anything in my life, so will definitely be feeling this tomorrow/Thursday.

source.gif

Week 3 Recap 

1. Follow the training plan. Accomplished!

2. Eat at or below daily calorie goal (2,050) Nope! avg 2202 cal 

3. Make the 198# weight class Progress!

Week 3 avg: 209.9

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Pretty sure I've never done 9 sets of anything in my life, so will definitely be feeling this tomorrow/Thursday.

I've been doing 15 doubles on my dynamic squat day with 45s-ish rest... It's horrible...

Bad news is about one week ago I tweaked my lower back (small muscle pull) so barbell squats and deadlifts have been on hold. Good news is it is rehabbing well, today was able to goblet squats pain free so this is a good sign. The other good part of this is I have filled out my workouts with some exercises I don't do often enough like supermans, bird dogs, glute bridges, plank pull-throughs, etc. Plan to reintroduce barbell squats on Monday and see how it goes. 

Thursday

Bench Press with 1 board - worked up to 180x2, went for 190x2 but missed second rep :(, then 150 for 3x3

French press, rear delt raises, face pulls

Saturday

Strict press worked up to 115x1, then 95 for 3x3

Seated cable rows, hamstring curls, bad girls, goblet squats

Week 4 Recap 

1. Follow the training plan. Accomplished (except working around back tweak final week)

2. Eat at or below daily calorie goal (2,050) Better than last week , hit 4 out of 7 days, avg 2,055

3. Make the 198# weight class Progress!

Week 3 avg: 209.9

Week 4 avg: 209.8

Lessons learned:

• I CAN stick to my goals over a holiday weekend if I plan ahead!
  • DON'T switch from conventional stance to sumo stance when lifting 85%+, unless you plan to pyramid up all over again from the beginning
  • I CAN lose weight (while eating reasonably to fuel training) with discipline and consistency
  • Kodiak protein waffles are the bee's knees

tenor.gif?itemid=11507007

• Like 3