• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manarelle

Rebooting, wait for it... [Manarelle]

Recent events:

• Cracked, broke, and had a molar removed, and several stitches sewn into the gumline;
  • Discovered penicillin-based antibiotics hate my guts (literally);
  • Discovered antibiotics in general don't play well with lactase pills;
  • Forcibly learned about deloading, due to an inability to eat enough to lift seriously; and
  • Completed a 10-week Master's-level class.

It's been a rough zero week, but things are starting to look up. The masters-level class I (voluntarily) took is over, my mouth is healing, my guts are recovering, and I'm finally getting enough to eat again. It'll probably be another week before I'm back to 100%, but I'm getting there. So... now that I have free time and (hopefully) a fully-functional body again... now what?

Goals:

• Exercise: Let's face it, this is a top priority in life. I have fitness goals, I'm gonna make them happen.
  • Languages: Keep up daily practice on Russian, maintain French with all those lovely comics I bought recently.
  • Sewing: Deconstruct and clone at least 1 work shirt, 2 if possible, more skirts if I'm really gung ho.
  • Thermoplastics: shape and seal the extra kenpo knives, finish Mjolnir (sewing has higher priority this month, though).
  • Maintain mental balance: keep an even keel, because I know life isn't going to magically stay smooth just because class is done. 

There is a sixth goal that I definitely want to complete during this challenge, but it's pretty personal, so I'll just mention it without details. Otherwise, it's the four hobbies I've allowed myself to have, and the first week is allowed to be just relaxing and recovering. If I get extra baking and gardening in, great, but they're not going to be "have to"s, they're just if I want to. 

I-HAVE-TOVSI-_GET_-TO.1-e1471170023291.jpg

• Like 3

Following! 

It's so powerful to make that switch from "I have to" into "I get to". It also makes me realize when something really has become just "I have to" and doesn't have any fun left in it. 

And...yikes! Sorry to hear about the tooth & antibiotic problems. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob the Bard said:

Following.  Post a pic when those knives are complete.  Love to see them :)

Will do. There are pictures of the first knife here, but I've gotten a bit better and added a plasti-dip coating so it looks a bit nicer now. Will definitely post progress pics.

4 hours ago, Blocky said:

As an outsider who wandered in here... what are these fitness goals of yours?

Спасибо for the encouragement, those are both adorable. :) I suppose revisiting and quantifying the goals would be useful, as they've just been nebulous in the back of my head for a while.

Fitness goals, updated:

• Perform 1 strict pull-up.
  • Hold a handstand for 10 seconds. (This is a step toward doing pike-to-handstands).
  • Hit 100 years old and still be able to lift weights.

This was actually somewhat difficult to quantify, and those numbers aren't exact. In a nutshell, I want to be strong and healthy well into "old age" as a long-term goal, and for a short-term goal, I want to be comfortable cosplaying as female Thor, muscles and all. The " do a pike-to-handstand by age 40" goal, was a random addition because the movement looks amazing and is heavy on core and upper body strength, not my strong points. Everything else - lifting weights, pull-ups, and adding protein to my diet - all kind of came about as fallout from the general "be healthy until old" and "cosplay Thor" goals. Maybe that makes me shallow, but I'm okay with that; it's providing solid progress in the meantime. 

Edit: and by "female Thor," I mean this or this. I have opinions (for myself, not for others) about making female costumes focus on "sexy" rather than "strong."

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Manarelle said:

There are pictures of the first knife here

SO COOL

I want to be strong and healthy well into "old age" as a long-term goal

ME TOO!

I want to be comfortable cosplaying as female Thor, muscles and all

Maybe not this part lol

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 1:43 AM, Teancum said:

Lousy week, but sounds like you're coming back hard! 

It's been a middling week. A certain group of furry, low-slung quadrupeds had me doing GtG reps all week - had to pause the workout today and stretch my calf because a cramp was threatening. I thought I was going to increase weights on step-ups this week, but the focus shift meant I was still pushing to make my reps with the current weight today. Maybe next week.

I'm kind of excited about this: I "graduated" to barbell squats today. Started with goblet squats with a 20lb dumbbell (several months ago), worked my way up to double that, because I read somewhere that a bare barbell is 45lbs. Turns out I was slightly wrong, in that the gym has "training" barbells at 35 lbs, but it just means I was more than ready to make the shift. For some reason, in my head, barbells are like the "big kids" table: not quite the adults table (lifting heavy weights), but a recognition that you kinda know what you're doing and are making good progress. Anyway, my trapezii (it's a word, I looked it up) are a little sore from the weight being on them instead of my hands, and I "only" squatted 45 lbs, but I'm still ridiculously proud. Go, me.

Otherwise, I have managed to be 100% a bum this week. I purchased fabric to make a work shirt and... that's it. I have spent the evenings reading, relaxing, watching Avengers: Infinity Wars, and just generally not accomplishing much, but! That was my goal. I've slowed my mind down from work+school mode, I kept up on languages and working out, and I'm primed to start sewing tomorrow morning. Oh, and, unrelated, after two months of corrections, advice, and planning, my gentleman and I are going in to the lawyer tomorrow to sign powers of attorney, living wills, and medical directives, so that if something happens to either of us, the other is the legal guardian. We both have horrible families that we do not trust with things like health and finances, so this is a huge weight off our minds. So yeah, I guess overall, good week. 

CzCHv-OWIAAvuAO.jpg

• Like 1

Said to heck with it and pulled out the thermoplastics today, despite not having sewing done. Found a new "sanding booth" that's more than three times the size of the old one, easier to get light into, and more space = less blowback when sanding, so cleanup was markedly easier (it all stayed in the box, not all over me, the table, the chair, the floor, etc.). Got two kenpo knives formed and sanded before my hand started to hurt, and switched to Mjolnir.

IMG_20180819_150909_1.jpg

After a hilariously fail first attempt, the current Mjolnir in progress is literally two yoga blocks and pvc pipe (construction photos here). I got the two pieces put together, then class happened, and it got put on the back burner. There are many things I need/want to get done that have been put off during class, but... they've waited this long, they can wait one more afternoon while I play. Found a papercraft Mjolnir layout that showed the dimensions of every single plane; scaled to the size I'm working with, drew out lines, and hit a snag: could I be sure that what I'd planned would give me what I wanted? I wasn't sure about the angles and order of cutting, if it mattered, necessary to produce everything evenly. While the yoga blocks were pretty cheap, there's a good number of hours invested in them, and I didn't want to mess it up.  What to practice on? 

Turns out, a watermelon is a great practice tool for cutting out shapes. You can get several smaller blocks out of it, practice on each one, and then eat the evidence. I found a sequence that gave me what I wanted, got to have watermelon, and got the rest of it cut up and ready to eat for later, so win-win-win situation there. The cuts were too wide to make with an exact-o blade, so I grabbed a hacksaw, which turned out to work perfectly for rough shaping:

IMG_20180819_170457_01.jpg

It's rough, sure, but I think it's pretty identifiable, even if all the measurements aren't 100% exact. Since the next step is sanding it down, and my hand still hurt from shaping the kenpo knives, I stopped there, but I'm pretty dang proud of that. Spent a bit of time on Super Mario on the new NES mini my gentleman got for me this week, then found out I got a 99.4% on my final paper, 99% overall grade. The rest of the evening will be spent with a book, feeling pretty dang accomplished.

Also, early congrats to the Hufflepuffs this week. I did my best, but concede the match. You guys are beasts. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Turns out, a watermelon is a great practice tool for cutting out shapes. You can get several smaller blocks out of it, practice on each one, and then eat the evidence.

This is ingenious.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 7:38 PM, Manarelle said:

I'm kind of excited about this: I "graduated" to barbell squats today. Started with goblet squats with a 20lb dumbbell (several months ago), worked my way up to double that, because I read somewhere that a bare barbell is 45lbs. Turns out I was slightly wrong, in that the gym has "training" barbells at 35 lbs, but it just means I was more than ready to make the shift. For some reason, in my head, barbells are like the "big kids" table: not quite the adults table (lifting heavy weights), but a recognition that you kinda know what you're doing and are making good progress. Anyway, my trapezii (it's a word, I looked it up) are a little sore from the weight being on them instead of my hands, and I "only" squatted 45 lbs, but I'm still ridiculously proud. Go, me.

That's so awesome! I'd consider even the bar adult table from where I'm at! And congrats on your class marks and other accomplishments! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Also, early congrats to the Hufflepuffs this week. I did my best, but concede the match. You guys are beasts. 

well 4 legs chasing against 2, you still killed it on the amount of reps :lol:

Yeah, you absolutely destroyed it this week in Quidditch.  

And I LOVE the watermelon carving technique. BRILLIANT.

Also I can't think of hammer + watermelon and not post a Gallagher gif, sorry:

giphy.gif

On 8/19/2018 at 8:01 PM, DoubleTrouble said:

This is ingenious.

Thanks. My first thought was to use cheese, but that's harder to get in large blocks, tougher to eat lots of, and I'm lactose intolerant. Rather than ruining my and everyone else's evening, I kept looking. :)

22 hours ago, Teancum said:

That's so awesome! I'd consider even the bar adult table from where I'm at! And congrats on your class marks and other accomplishments! 

Thanks. Today was not so good - Mondays are much busier at the gym, so I had to do my workout backward. By the time I got to the barbell, I couldn't get a good stance and felt it in my back more than legs. Also felt kind of stupid with a bare bar while the other three stations, people had multiple 45lb plates on each side. Just had to remind myself I'm only competing against past me; future me will thank present me for sticking to it (but still felt dumb). 

12 hours ago, @mu said:

well 4 legs chasing against 2, you still killed it on the amount of reps :lol:

Thanks. We won't talk about today's workout after all that. It was underwhelming, for last week and other reasons.

1 hour ago, traaki said:

Yeah, you absolutely destroyed it this week in Quidditch.  

And I LOVE the watermelon carving technique. BRILLIANT.

Also I can't think of hammer + watermelon and not post a Gallagher gif, sorry:

Haha, no worries. One of my friends thought that's what I meant, had to explain that unfinished foam blocks + watermelon guts would probably be bad. 

I'll have to test it after it's sealed... :D

In other news, I promised a friend yesterday that if I didn't work on the personal goal this week, I'd donate $100 to #45's re-election campaign. Needless to say, I finished part 1 of it tonight. I'm awaiting feedback on it, then will move on to part 2. Also had a lovely moment when changing at the gym when I realized the center butt seam on my work pants was just... missing... for about 2" toward the bottom. Doesn't look worn or stretched, just... no thread. Sewing will resume its high priority... 

Jesse-Pinkmans-Slow-and-Dramatic-Facepalm-On-Breaking-Bad.gif

• Like 1

Frustrating day at the gym yesterday. Tried to change up my routine to break a plateau, and misjudged the muscles used in certain exercises. Still did a workout, but not the best. Will tweak again before Friday. Also odd in that I did my monthly measurements, and it said my weight and body fat % is exactly the same as it was 6 months ago, despite obvious visible changes in my body, and increased weights in the workout. Decided I'm not going to let a number mess with me, since I'm happy with my progress. 

Snapshot of workout up to yesterday:

Spoiler

3 sets of 10 reps each, complete each mini set before moving to the next.

Barbell squats - 45# (recently added, working on getting the movement and balance correct before adding weight)

Dumbbell squat to press - 15# each hand

Step-ups - 22.5# each hand

Resistance band side steps - black band at ankles, 10 each direction.

Seated cable row - 80#

Bent-over dumbbell row - 20#

Dumbbell curls - 15#

Tricep cable pull-downs - 35#

Cable front fly - 15# each hand

Hanging shoulder shrugs

Hanging L-sit - 8,8,7

Box jumps - knee height

Crow/handstand practice

I decided I don't like the double rows in the third set, and the front fly and shoulder shrugs aren't quite what I want - would like to shift the focus to the anterior and posterior deltoids, and trade out the row(s?) for lat cable pull downs to progress to pull-ups. I'm a little stuck on how to do it, though, because I either end up with an odd number of exercises (not the end of the world), or I double up on a muscle, or I have to drag a bench over to the cable area. Tried doing the cable row and lat cable pulldowns as a mini set and turns out that is a horrible idea for my current level of ability - everything exhausted really fast and it got all jumbled up. 

#firstworldproblems

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 7:14 PM, Manarelle said:

Thanks. Today was not so good - Mondays are much busier at the gym, so I had to do my workout backward. By the time I got to the barbell, I couldn't get a good stance and felt it in my back more than legs. Also felt kind of stupid with a bare bar while the other three stations, people had multiple 45lb plates on each side. Just had to remind myself I'm only competing against past me; future me will thank present me for sticking to it (but still felt dumb). 

Way to keep it all in perspective, that can be tough with people around.

7 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Frustrating day at the gym yesterday. Tried to change up my routine to break a plateau, and misjudged the muscles used in certain exercises. Still did a workout, but not the best.

I decided I don't like the double rows in the third set, and the front fly and shoulder shrugs aren't quite what I want - would like to shift the focus to the anterior and posterior deltoids, and trade out the row(s?) for lat cable pull downs to progress to pull-ups. I'm a little stuck on how to do it, though, because I either end up with an odd number of exercises (not the end of the world), or I double up on a muscle, or I have to drag a bench over to the cable area. Tried doing the cable row and lat cable pulldowns as a mini set and turns out that is a horrible idea for my current level of ability - everything exhausted really fast and it got all jumbled up. 

#firstworldproblems

Hey, even if the workout was bad, you still learned some important things! Like don't mix cable row + lat cable pulldowns as a miniset! I wish I had something to suggest but this is way outside my league. 

• Like 1

Week 2:

• Exercise: Changed up my workout, and looks like Kenpo will be back.
  • Languages: Yup.
  • Sewing: Nothing this week, hoping to do so this weekend.
  • Thermoplastics: Also nothing this week.
  • Mental balance: Yes.
  • 6th goal: Got feedback, waiting on one more item and final phase can begin. 

Glad I resumed writing down my daily to-do list, because it feels like I did nothing this week, and I can see that's not true - just a lot of maintenance stuff that doesn't feel like it progresses any of my goals. It was a very slow week at work, so rather than panicking about they don't need me and I'm worthless, I researched updates for my workout in between tasks that arose and were handed off to me.One of the tasks was setting up framework for two new projects, so I'm hoping things take off again soon.

In the meantime, though, I was able to completely revamp my workout, and try it out yesterday. The quick-response part of my brain was worried because it's fewer exercises, but it replaces a couple isolations with compound exercises, so my body quite firmly told that part of my brain to hush up. So far, DOMS hasn't kicked in, but I felt it for longer after the workout than usual, so here's hoping. Interesting side note: I had to ask for help on the standing overhead press, because I couldn't figure out how to get my head out of the way, and the guy I asked was not only very open and helpful, but introduced himself and said "nice to finally meet, I see you around here all the time."

day-0-the-natives-have-accepted-me-as-one-of-8168256.png

I still don't think I've got the movement for overhead press quite right, but it'll come. Updated workout:

Spoiler

Gym workout:

• Barbell squats: 45#
  • Standing barbell overhead press: 35#
  • Lat pull-downs: 75#
  • Dumbbell step-ups: 22.5# each hand (time to up this)
  • Banded side steps (not sure if I'm gonna keep this one, very isolation, but it's a muscle not hit elsewhere)
  • Pike feet up: 30" box, 3x25 seconds (thought this would be easy... I was very wrong)
  • Hanging L-sit: 3x7, waist -high lifts (this sucks after pike feet up)
  • Handstands: NF handstand pack, working on chest-to-wall lifting feet away from wall to find balance.

Off days/ cardio workout:

• Treadmill for 20 minutes
  • Rotator cuff PT with resistance band
  • Dumbbell lateral raises: 7.5# each hand (might be time to up this)
  • Russian twists: 10#
  • Rings: NF rings pack, build straight-arm support with feet on floor. 

Sounds like the Kenpo teacher is getting a class together that would be once a week, 2 hours at night, so my workout schedule will need to shift, but it is easily doable. Excited to get that back. I took off the past few weeks from tracking food intake, due to the dental issues and then just wanted to see if I still need it. Turns out I probably don't, but I do enjoy knowing where I stand, and when my rough count shows less protein, I get hangry more easily, so I'm going to resume and try tweaking various go-tos to include more protein. 

• Like 2

Some sewing accomplished this weekend, though not the urgent stuff. Had extra skirt material from when skirts were the holdup on work clothing, so figured I'd just finish it and get it out of the way. I should probably tighten the waistband a bit, but overall, quite happy. 

Spoiler

b274b3c5-7a20-4c23-9d94-8e457ea195ff-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Things I learned yesterday: barbell squats and handstand practice should not be done in alternating steps. You wouldn't think squats hit the shoulders.... you would be wrong. Will be reordering that for Wednesday's workout. Otherwise, the new routine feels pretty good, definitely feel it the day after, which I wasn't with the old one. Still having issues hitting my calorie goal, though I'm getting closer, and with higher protein and fewer (though nowhere near limited) carbs. Tried adding whey protein isolate to cookies last night, worked wonderfully; next step is to try it in non-baked goods and see if my stomach can handle it. 

Got the last item for working on the 6th goal; I'm going to wait til the weekend to start the final phase, because I don't want to half-ass it by rushing on a weeknight. Feels good to have set that goal and see it happening. Hoping to get back to Mjolnir today; if it's not too hot to sand outside when I get home, I'm going to try to get the edges all sanded down. Need to look up leather wrapping for the handle, then decide if I want to muck with decorating the head, or keep it simple. 

• Like 3

Apparently the key to getting things done this challenge is to post about what's happened so far, and that's motivation to get more things done. Decided to brave the weather (100°) and go outside to sand down Mjolnir yesterday. It's not perfect, but the mouse sander did an amazing job on getting all the planes flat and clean. I took it inside and tried heat sealing a little section of it, because I wasn't sure how fancy and decorative I wanted to try on my second (and first successful) prototype. Turns out The yoga blocks don't heat seal the same way that the floor mats do, despite both supposedly being made out of the same material. The floor mats shrink a bit, cuts deepen and pull back (so you can trace out shapes/letters with an exacto knife and have them look like they were carved out), and the whole thing gets a slightly shinier, smoother look. The yoga blocks... don't really change much, aside from little pills from sanding curling up more tightly (attempted link to video?). Since that knocks out the possibility of carving runes and designs into it, and I don't want to potentially ruin it by getting crazy/creative on it, I'm just going to call it structurally done, and finish decorating it.

Qf4WCX6EcMUPRnqn_Sn1PTWdslAJlndtIcfaDcT--4Y6Ddh_S6N52TFd4F8MTLplYNKBkxvdEJ_CJdoiVGNpYhKj9T6c9RhM41-UH7tXjEMtPG0aj10ycG2QNmGwdFN0Q1_H8OazkLdy-0oeZd-f5toA1mf6alC-P-uKXFH0R5egk383IYDSPb0QhhdxyCvroL7yZ619ODkGsYZgunYQg8yxzbAThu2A3aahPEZyugtuad_C05b-UGnZKy02hDxb18pNBFtlDcO8pJG0GJcubM2O4URug_9OHXkEjJAIrGqUZvhwr7FdurDEA0oUVWHxmJ1ZTvUPg3W-N1Qx53M5FS3y6ElIcYBhZNww1j2vSyIfo8nQ5wnQ-kBfxJo4Ua_PRPgHdefXSRdZxmv21gXx99FSYs4xDgB0D9BqfHOaG_3r8SvJyVF-hvRDDtSZQn6WoVneCT0UONGbYDWXqXVYIRt5523T_XXiplos19JRSEr_I-VlpD7viFLFYsm4bEFyWybXrtv7LYSkIkcPW1Bx_TqmQGYboquCsjWmixDV-m2wk540inETwCF33z34MedE_3ASqF7-M94VkAKIcOmvAyjIK5BbpEln183PeefZ2EF90N5Fpn-ijLJ9nAEXoaw=w686-h914-no jJPLcl5dQpqI92voHkT5xitEBriZHsLka0YXUR0xO0BjauUEdpVh1-KVlnKSbr_gh0ZItyYDaVfnDcC4q6dUuZUF0xlYAfCo5v6MBrU-NSI5VA1EQMTJKYRhGKr5e0lOmrnIDduQIsPkewGzyjgj-7nfhJCtNNFLFsZnWYxT3Vj5asctqbav_13D0g6pJTQsZI4Lp-px2OriUClSADwd9wJlhCXGmPibo_O85BThwDNKjbDbaANF-28VG655XDaPXdU8t5wxQIgdxyjWEnfZeJuBYvWdLlRdTGsoUIMG1pGj9_ZfPFQ0bEPFuJNveb1JabgBgpnbBGWKr40dKRt_qcZOHXVz7Ubg9GJU_UehKq5a0pmaQO4PX15F7txdWXYhrhw57KuhNyTa4typpMFWZf9UhaCb4sz59MFY6UHAihO7ish8UvVIqXVi1QmOrKHNLwiQCtRTP8bswYG2C-nCuAMxgFbKIqIvVnVzrpu40pXkdAPwc97JhIC59GlFwjQJ3siarKwXu53cSA8U16Id-q_sLZmmaAcAudbxOPamrI51evLUKhjhhrpKgGbh7k9zrVI-U4FXHVxDOIzmvbU6jTWC8zCKH7Mpm3T0u0ITl4K2_kvi7mNAdIVZdspnj10=w686-h914-no

Before sanding.                                                                     After sanding.

I figure since it's just a simple shape, no carving decorations like in MCU, I'll just leather wrap the handle and paint the head with some amounts of battle damage (where I couldn't sand out some of the saw cuts without taking too much off), and call it a functional weapon. I've ordered the leather today, and will work on decorating it later this week, but...

That means I get to start work on the designs for the chestpiece next. :squee: I am very excited. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2018 at 6:34 AM, Manarelle said:

the guy I asked was not only very open and helpful, but introduced himself and said "nice to finally meet, I see you around here all the time."

day-0-the-natives-have-accepted-me-as-one-of-8168256.png

Soooo it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize one of those penguins wasn't a penguin. REGARDLESS I'm glad he was nice and helped you out!

10 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Apparently the key to getting things done this challenge is to post about what's happened so far, and that's motivation to get more things done. Decided to brave the weather (100°) and go outside to sand down Mjolnir yesterday.

Eeek 100° is no joke.  Glad Mjolnir is coming along and I can't *wait* to follow along with the chestpiece. 

On 8/20/2018 at 9:14 PM, Manarelle said:

Also felt kind of stupid with a bare bar while the other three stations, people had multiple 45lb plates on each side. Just had to remind myself I'm only competing against past me; future me will thank present me for sticking to it (but still felt dumb). 

Friday is a slow day at the gym. Friday mid-day when your work lets you go at 1pm because it's a holiday weekend is a GRAVEYARD - I was literally the only one there, barring the lady at the front desk. Took the opportunity to poke around and educate myself, found out that the "big plates" that everyone else has multiples of on their bars while I have the little 5 pounders on each side...

Start at 10 lbs each, not 45 lbs. 

Don't be too harsh on yourself without all the facts. 

• Like 3

It has not been a smooth end of challenge. I did get goal 6 completed last week, but not much else. The only reason exercise has continued is because I'm determined to not completely fail at everything.

Weeks 3-4:

• Exercise: Done, managed to hold a free-standing handstand for a few seconds. 
  • Languages: Class went surprisingly well for having only mostly done the daily stuff. 
  • Sewing: Pattern confirmed. 
  • Thermoplastics: Sealed Mjolnir, then it decided to be 90% humidity for a week, now it's supposed to rain for the next week or two. 
  • Maintain mental balance: Maybe 50% success, being generous. 

Writing it down, it looks less like failure and more like my expectations are still too high. Hoping if I make it through shark week and however long this lull at work lasts (I hate having nothing to do), my outlook will improve. Couple attitude adjustments I'm trying to work through, as well, which aren't helping, but will just take time.

99c9c21b-85b9-4f03-a7b1-1f4249becf02-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds 

Plasti-sealed. Can bonk things with it and not

damage it or the things. Very satisfying.

• Like 2

Yesterday was a busy "sit and wait" day, got lots of GtG in for quidditch. Goal 6 paid off, but sewing is not going so well - I can't seem to find the right fabric to remake this shirt, and I don't want to keep wasting fabric, even if I did get it on sale. Ironically, the pattern that I could swear I confirmed with junk fabric is still too tight on the arms; my gentleman pointed out that means my exercise is paying off (which I concede his point, but am still grumped about for sewing). Took two evaluations on my languages yesterday, and they were substantially easier than expected, so counting that as a solid win. The weather is still showing rain for the next week, so I guess I"ll set Mjolnir aside and work on the breastplate until I can paint again. Frustrating, but there is it. Mental balance is better, considering the wins of the challenge (and that shark week is over). That will definitely continue next challenge. 

As always, not exciting, but getting things done. See you in the next one. 

• Like 3