• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

[Respawn] Cry Havoc Anthology 2: Chaos Theory

269d65718707fbca58a535353ef81480.jpg

punisher-talk-gif1.gif

SHINY & EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE INTRO: 

From August 12, 2018 Common Era.

This is not a manifesto, a creed, or a prayer; merely a statement of the facts as they appear.  I've been lost and I've been roving without direction, hope, or even a code to guide me.  Some more committed to the letter of their faith might say the night is dark and full of terrors, but they've never known the depths of the Void like I do; Lo, there are terrors and more here, metaphysical demons who haunt your waking mind all hours of the day and threaten to drive a man mad. I'll have no peace, no - not in this life. When I first heard the old addage Sic vis pacem, para bellum I took it literally but never knew the war I would fight would be a battlefield largely in my own mind.

So I must embrace my circumstances in order to make some sense of the chaos if I am to climb the ladder.  By its very nature a Respawn is a fresh start at your game, but without losing your accumulated items, abilities, and experience. We cannot go back to the village of our childhoods when the world seemed smaller, our trials somehow inconsequential, and our burdens lighter. Now, nearly 32 levels into my game, I know there can be no return. That village is miles and years behind me. Though the world before me - and within me - teams with foes both visceral and immaterial, I still wake every day and put a new foot forward.

Though it may be a lonely footfall, if there is another pace behind it, and another, and another, maybe it'll be that there's an end to this quest, some manner of reward to be had, an endgame to discover. For now though, I march on and the footfalls echo in the dark; that eerie sound my only company, save the demons - within, and without.

image.png

Starting weight baseline:  220 lbs [Aug 12/18]

CrossFit Skill Metrics:  CrossFit Levels

100% PURE UNCUT ADRENALINE"A delicate balancing act."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Therapy™:  ☐☐☐☐☐

RENEGADES, REBELS, & ROGUES:  "Introverts rarely use Charisma as a Dump Stat."  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐☐
  • Social activity 1 time/week: 
  • Moment of Positivity shared (per update): 

LOADED DICE, STACKED DECK:  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐ 

Ongoing To-Do list…

• Read:  [In Progress] Reamde by Neil Stephenson.
  • Read:  [In Progress] Paradise Snare by AC Crispin.
  • Write:  Thoughts & Ponderings in ColorNote/OneNote app.
  • Build: [In Progress]  Headboard wall.
  • Minimalize:  [In Progress]  Return unused trade goods to Home Depot.
  • Other:  [In Progress] Dump run.

CHALLENGE INSPIRATION:

I am the barbarian, the Dark Ranger, the Survivor, the Gunslinger and Adept of Momoa, and more.

This challenge is dedicated to the fallen Jedi, the Paladins who've lost their Light, and the mercenaries who have fought for nothing.  When you lose your purpose and your hope, your days seem to be plagued by overcast weather.  Everything is Shadows and Mist.  All a man can do is find his own way through the wasteland sprawl of life. It may not be the destiny full of triumph and grandeur he might have hoped for but even survival itself can be a trial worthy of celebration. When that isn’t enough for the world-weary, one must seek out a greater glory - a reason for living and a purpose in action.  That much at least is something tangible he can cling to… a foundation worth setting out from. A primal matrix to override his self-imposed programming.

I am whiskey, gunpowder and leather – I am blood, sweat and tears, and my Reckoning has come.

My name is Rurik Harrgath, and this is my respawn.

tumblr_oigr1utaO01qbmp7lo1_500.gif

• Like 11

RURIK!  You've popped into my little head lately, and it's good to hear from you~ <3

(edit: hell yeah respawn challenges *fistbump* )

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That is one Hell of a write up.

18wuoa.jpg

14 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

^ So say we all.

And following. Obvs.

16vwfc.jpg

5 hours ago, shaar said:

RURIK!  You've popped into my little head lately, and it's good to hear from you~ <3

(edit: hell yeah respawn challenges *fistbump* )

C0S9G6mXAAQvGMe.jpg

3 hours ago, therealkat said:

<3 hey fren.

Something something someone mentioned a Harley Quinn cosplay last time I posted a challenge?

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm so glad to see your thread. Something funky happened with the formatting, I can't read the text of what you wrote, but that doesn't matter.

I've missed you brother.

Fixed it.

056de8265e388c73b72def21a77953fc.jpg

50 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

So excited, make me wanna dance!!

973nL.gif

• Like 5

It's #MomoaMonday, so just in case you haven't seen this (and you've been living under a rock for the past couple of weeks)...

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Damn, that is a good writeup. I'm always ready to pair my paladin with your demon hunter.

#buddycopmovieirl

We ride cosplay together, we die together... Bad Ranger Boys for life!

crusader___demon_hunter_lucca_comics_201

• Like 4

Follower vote time!

I wore my previously favorite Reebok Nano 6 Denim's through laying my kitchen's new tile floor last week.  As a result, they're looking pretty haggard.  To start this challenge off right, I'm going to custom make myself a pair of Reebok Nano 8s (or possibly Speed TRs, but I hear they run narrow).  My design inspiration is (obviously) Aquaman, looking for some gold accents but an understated and edgy color palette.

c6b6483be07c69a4f3177cb9292b5125.jpg

1 (left).  Smoky Volcano eyestay and tongue.  2 (right).  Payne's Green eyestay and tongue.

Thoughts??

• Like 4

On 8/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I looked at both of these and may choose one or the other as my next audible book. :) 

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Payne's Green eyestay and tongue

My vote.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I am whiskey, gunpowder and leather – I am blood, sweat and tears, and my Reckoning has come.

My name is Rurik Harrgath, and this is my respawn.

So much angsty awesomeness with a dash heap of badrangerass. I've missed ya brother. I guess if you're the demon hunter and Tank is the Paladin, I'll just tag along as the Druid ;) (if we're talking Diablo 2 druid, that is).

Image result for diablo 2 druid

Wolf

• Like 3

I think the green is more aquaman.

2 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

So much angsty awesomeness with a dash heap of badrangerass. I've missed ya brother. I guess if you're the demon hunter and Tank is the Paladin, I'll just tag along as the Druid ;) (if we're talking Diablo 2 druid, that is).

If I remember correctly, @DarK_RaideR is part of the adventure crew as well.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If I remember correctly, @DarK_RaideR is part of the adventure crew as well.

He was the necromancer or the witch doctor If I recall :) 

Wolf

• Like 1

Rurik calls me a Necromancer, Diablo had Witch Doctors. Whatever the case, I'll be here in spirit (get it?) as I'm skipping this round for a holiday break, but I'm still overjoyed for Rurik's return. Let's hope he sticks around till the final week.

tumblr_inline_orwy08Czut1syfzhd_540.gif

• Like 3

Payne’s Green - buuuuut I’m a sucker for jewel teal this year and have somehow ended up with 3 pairs of leggings in the color.

And ooooh - forgot about the Reebok Nanos. I may or may not desire to make the jump to lifting shoes shortly. Was thinking of the minimalist New Balances, but Reebok has some killer color combos ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Challenge Journal:  14 August, 2018.

New challenge time!  Cleaned my truck today for a date tomorrow, counting that as my Happy moment for today (I find more joy in the accomplishment of tasks that stress me out than the act of doing them). Work was a bit of a nightmare, but managed to not eat like an asshole again today.  Small victories add up in the long run.

https://i.gifer.com/RPuY.gif latest?cb=20180307091754

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐
  • Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Therapy™:  ☐☐☐☐☐

RENEGADES, REBELS, & ROGUES:  "Introverts rarely use Charisma as a Dump Stat."  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐ 

Ongoing To-Do list…

14 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Angst and "gigantic melancholies" (Conan reference) have always been my specialty.  Happy to your druid along for the adventure once again!

3o6gEfoiMZ9xdw4H5u.gif

I should have designed this challenge around an adventuring party like Heroes of the Storm for accountability!  haha

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Rurik calls me a Necromancer, Diablo had Witch Doctors. Whatever the case, I'll be here in spirit (get it?) as I'm skipping this round for a holiday break, but I'm still overjoyed for Rurik's return. Let's hope he sticks around till the final week.

Let's hope he makes it through even the first week without landing flat on his Ranger face.

s8idhiisxqea0pqirg6t.gif

10 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Payne’s Green - buuuuut I’m a sucker for jewel teal this year and have somehow ended up with 3 pairs of leggings in the color.

I'm leaning towards the green too, especially because I fear that volcano color is actually a brown and not a maroon...

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Happy to your druid along for the adventure once again!

I guess portraying Viking Goddesses counts as shapeshifting, right?? :D

16 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I should have designed this challenge around an adventuring party like Heroes of the Storm for accountability!  haha

So what you're saying is that you have your theme for the next challenge?! Count me in!

Image result for eyebrows gif

Wolf

• Like 1

Challenge Journal:  17 August, 2018.

Still fighting a flu so I stayed home from work today (a bad run I got into over the past year and a bit, as some of you may remember, that I've fairly successfully overcome recently) to rest up and recover in the hope I can score a second date this weekend and be a little productive otherwise.

original.gif

In other news that date on Wednesday went super well, my companion was a bombshell in appearance and company both, we had some adult beverages and went for a long walk getting to know each other, then a drive because I had arranged a babysitter who could stay late.  She invited me back over after the babysitter had left and he visited for a while until I forced myself to go home and sleep a couple of hours before work the next day.

So naturally I've spent the last two days drowning in #feels anxiety and overthinking what'll happen next.  Because that is how I operate.

99453fbd9e4893405edce015b4a64036.gif

We're gonna call that both my weekly social obligation and a moment of happy and my positivity thing for the week because I haven't self-destructed. Yet.

RPuY.gif

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐
  • Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Therapy™:  ☑☑☐☐☐

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:   

Ongoing To-Do list…

On 8/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, Wolfpool said:

I guess portraying Viking Goddesses counts as shapeshifting, right?? :D

So what you're saying is that you have your theme for the next challenge?! Count me in!

Remember when I got the goddess Freyja to disrobe in front of us?

maxresdefault.jpg

Good times.

21 hours ago, Raxie said:

YAY RURIK!!!! I'm so excited to be here for this respawn!!

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, therealkat said:

Everyone else, I apologize: but he asked for this...

here are a few shots of the Harley cosplay. Did my own design based on a burlesque costume.

F5B9F434-1987-485B-B91C-52ABA93B9B0F.png

giphy.gif

Chris Hemsworth is one of my Spirit Animals. Obviously.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Remember when I got the goddess Freyja to disrobe in front of us?

maxresdefault.jpg

Good times.

I remember it quite well :D. I miss your epic narratives! 

15 hours ago, therealkat said:

Everyone else, I apologize: but he asked for this...

This is awesome! Very cool and sexy cosplay! 

Wolf

• Like 2