• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber stuff and nonsense

giphy.gif

.. and some I'm still learning..

Lifting 101:  I am still (still) working on my deadlift form. With much input from awesome nerds, I think I might be making progress. (Probably not going to hit the 2x BW deadlift by the end of the year like I was kinda hoping at the beginning of the year I might do, but oh well.)  

• Pickup mirror and/or figure out how to rig camera to TV
  • Post form vids either here or in the form check thread

Lifting 102:  Don't fear the squats. That's all.

Food 101: So it has come to my attention that I'm not as adept at the concept of eating as I thought I was. Or perhaps it would be more apt to say that I am not adept at eating enough 'real' food. If FitBit scores and MFP scores are accurate, I still wound up averaging a deficit last week in spite of efforts to eat more food that wasn't PB. Womp womp.

• Try 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge round
  • Le sigh. PB is out until such time as I'm able to consume it like a rational adult. (Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.)
  • No skipping meals. (Yes, even if you ate pancakes.)

English 101: Communication. I intended to research some resources for leveling up this particular skill. I guess that gets to be my week 1 goal. I think this will be helpful with customer interaction at work, since I had someone call me rude this morning. Oops. Bonus points if I can level up my trash talking skills since we're starting football season lol ;)

Stop thinking I don’t have anything to offer as a person.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo

Duolingo

Skin care

Walking. 8,000 steps minimum. Bonus level: 10,000. 

#Yoga365 730. Bonus level: 2 sessions/day. (Aiming for 3 bonus during work week, and 1 weekend day.)

giphy.gif

Let's get this show on the road!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Bonus points if I can level up my trash talking skills since we're starting football season lol ;)

That reminds me, i need to find a FF league. All mine are dead.

Also, I can provide team specific trash talking assistance If you need it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Also, I can provide team specific trash talking assistance If you need it.

It all hinges on a good team name.  I've used the same team names for a few years so I don't mess with them much, but every once in a while I'm tempted.

5 hours ago, Grumble said:

Is there enough interest to start one here on NF forums? I am absolutely and totally in for playing fantasy football with this awesome group of people.

I have withdrawals. Seriously.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

and many people have unreal expectations about how friendly and polite women should act

Or they confused "friendly and polite" with "never speaks up when people try to push her around, dismiss her, or belittle her"...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Or they confused "friendly and polite" with "never speaks up when people try to push her around, dismiss her, or belittle her"...

honest mistake...

*LARGEST EYEROLL EVER

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2018 at 12:37 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Zero week wrap up:

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 5/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 40 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7.

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 6. Don't forget front split practice!  Check!

Already killing it!

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

i'm still so impressed at your walking achievements.

Aw, thanks! Honestly it is one thing that helps keep me (somewhat) sane. It's as much a mental +1 as it is a physical thing.

giphy.gif

On 8/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

and many people have unreal expectations about how friendly and polite women should act

On 8/15/2018 at 2:57 PM, scalyfreak said:

On 8/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

honest mistake...

*LARGEST EYEROLL EVER

I have to admit that the 1st thing I thought after the conversation ended was that if she found what I SAID to be rude, she should have heard what I was THINKING...

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Already killing it!

Thanks!! I fear this week's scores will be a bit lower. It seems I died. (Feeling much better, though.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grumble said:

Sounds like respawn calories are in order.

Done and done. Which is probably why I'm feeling better today. I failed to meet either the no pb or no skipping meals (or sometimes both) goals more days than not, and have a new level of respect for people who have lost their appetites for medical reasons. It is really, really hard to eat something when you aren't hungry, even if you feel like you should (to avoid a migraine, etc..) Weird week was weird. I'm just glad food tastes good today.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Week 1 summary = I tripped over the starting line and died.

Lifting 101:  I am still (still) working on my deadlift form.

• Pickup mirror and/or figure out how to rig camera to TV. Bought mirror yesterday. Will see how it goes.
  • Post form vids either here or in the form check thread. Hmm. Have to look and see what I recorded to see if I got any decent reps done. It was the heaviest week of the block, so likely not.

Lifting 102:  Don't fear the squats. Finished what I set out to do. But the reps looked rough, being as that was the 1st time I'd worked with the spotter arms for anything heavier than warmups. I think subconsciously I was worried about hitting the safeties at the bottom and having it pitch me forward, and wound up doing exactly that without ever actually touching them. To be resolved with practice.

Food 101:

• Try 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge round. 1st selection was shrimp fajitas. The shrimp worked nicely, but the seasoning tasted too sweet with the peppers. Not a fan.
  • Le sigh. PB is out until such time as I'm able to consume it like a rational adult. (Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.) AHAHAHAHAHA!! Ahem. No. Just, no. Not this week.
  • No skipping meals. (Yes, even if you ate pancakes.) Not this week. Forced myself to eat dinner Tuesday and Wednesday, which was indeed miserable. Skipped lunch Thursday. 

English 101: Communication. Not this week. I died Wednesday and by the end of resurrection/respawn, I had zero interest in attempting work on this goal. Perhaps a bit of a cop-out, but, meh, I figured it was probably better to attempt when fresh and not cudgel my brain into learning mode.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 6/7. Thankfully I have a lot of lingots to spend preserving streaks, so I didn't actually 'miss' a day.

Skin care 4/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 41 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7.

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 4. Don't forget front split practice!  Check!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

good work staying alive! also i love that old actress character on snl.

giphy.gif

Thanks! If nothing else it was a reminder of what accumulated stress/fatigue looks like on me. (Not pretty, I assure you lol)

And this:

giphy.gif

because I couldn't not share it :D

• Haha 1

Week 2 summary:

giphy.gif

Oh, you ain't just whistling Dixie, doc..

Lifting 101:  I am still (still) working on my deadlift form.

• Pickup mirror and/or figure out how to rig camera to TV. Adjusting to using the mirror.
  • Post form vids either here or in the form check thread. File uploading. Will post soon.

Lifting 102:  Don't fear the squats. Failed PR this AM. But did not talk myself out of trying, so I suppose that's something. (Pretty sure I would've made it, but it came out of the rack funny. Spent too much time trying to get into my stance and by the time I got set, my upper body was like, 'oh hey, low body, you know, this is kinda heavy, DO YA THINK YOU COULD SPEED THINGS UP, MAYBE?!' at which point my legs were going 'oh, crap, upper's gone all flailing arms and panic button! Squat, squat, squat!' Anyways. If I'd re-racked and reset, it probably would've been fine.)

Food 101:

• Try 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge round. Recipe 2 was a stab at NNP's zucchini bolognese. I say stab because the sausage I bought went AWOL. (And also I'm told I was chopping veggies quite aggressively, so 'stab' is probably accurate.) I used ground chicken, which naturally did not impart as much flavor. Edible, but not spectacular. Will say it tasted better the next day than the night I made it, though.
  • Le sigh. PB is out until such time as I'm able to consume it like a rational adult. (Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.) AH, well, here's the thing. I did eat pb. A lot of it, TBPH. The 2 days I didn't were followed by eating copious amounts of it. So I'm thinking I still have some work to do. I will consider a reasonable success for days where I at least cared enough to consume measured amounts. 
  • No skipping meals. (Yes, even if you ate pancakes.) Skipped dinner Monday. Off to a great start on these food goals. :rolleyes:

English 101: Communication. Read a bit. Also fell down a google rabbit hole of 'how much 3rd grade grammar do you remember' and programming for next block of training. 

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 6/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 42 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 6. Only day I didn't break 10k was excused as I earned a gold star for not killing my coworker and boss. 

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 4. Don't forget front split practice!  Check!

I am rather hoping to do a little better on the food front this week, or at least maybe spend some time trying to determine why this has become so hard for me. I like food. I like to eat. And I (usually) feel hungry, but if I don't act on it, it goes away, and then I don't want to eat, and then I eat everything (read: lots of pb) later in the evening. Couple this with gaining a bit more fluff, while simultaneously feeling like I'm losing strength, and cue much frustrating circles of thought. Part of journal log:

So thoughts on Saturday started with feeling fat, weak and depressed. Decided I could either let those thoughts drag me into a spiral that would inevitably make me feel worse i.e. eat worse, do less, feel more shame, repeat. Or I could let those thoughts be a call to action. Tired of feeling tired? Great. Eat more nutritious foods, get some friggin' sleep. Don't like the way your pants fit? Cool. Eat more nutritious foods, less treats. Feeling weaker? Awesome. Do the work. Eat the foods. Sleep the sleep. Nobody is going to fix it for you. This is your body; it's up to you to decide how you take care of it. You may not know everything but you know enough to make some positive changes. You don't have to make it all or nothing. Take some personal responsibility for your person. 

Anyways. One must occasionally pull oneself up by thine own bootstraps (or Chuck Taylor laces, as the case may be) and I feel like I've reached the fork in the path; make it, or break it. I've wanted to quit (a lot), but I haven't. I'm still here. I may not do much of anything, but I still show up at the gym every day.

I may not always make the best choices as to the food I put in my mouth, but it's better than I used to be. I may have failed 1000 times, but I can still choose to get up and try once more.  I'm a warrior. Imma 'bout to make war on something.

Right. Enough of my call to arms. Let's do this.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I may not always make the best choices as to the food I put in my mouth, but it's better than I used to be. I may have failed 1000 times, but I can still choose to get up and try once more.  I'm a warrior. Imma 'bout to make war on something.

Right. Enough of my call to arms. Let's do this.

You and me both.

Let's do this!

Image result for she-ra transformation gif