• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber stuff and nonsense

On 8/27/2018 at 1:53 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Anyways. One must occasionally pull oneself up by thine own bootstraps (or Chuck Taylor laces, as the case may be) and I feel like I've reached the fork in the path; make it, or break it. I've wanted to quit (a lot), but I haven't. I'm still here. I may not do much of anything, but I still show up at the gym every day.

I may not always make the best choices as to the food I put in my mouth, but it's better than I used to be. I may have failed 1000 times, but I can still choose to get up and try once more.  I'm a warrior. Imma 'bout to make war on something.

Well said! I'm trying to channel similar thoughts and actions lately.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Lifting 101:  I am still (still) working on my deadlift form.

• Pickup mirror and/or figure out how to rig camera to TV. Adjusting to using the mirror. Less head turning mid-lift that when I started methinks.
  • Post form vids either here or in the form check thread. Forgot to check back on that to see if the vid ever posted. (The one of the lift that is; the one of my cat being a jerk naturally worked fine -_-)

Lifting 102:  Don't fear the squats. Feeling ok here.

Food 101:

• Try 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge round. No new recipes this week.
  • Le sigh. PB is out until such time as I'm able to consume it like a rational adult. (Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.) After week 3's rant: 3 days with no pb, 2 eaten but measured, and one where I polished off the last little bit in the jar. Reasonable success. Considering I was running a deficit, and shark week came riding into town like one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, I'll take it.
  • No skipping meals. (Yes, even if you ate pancakes.) YAY, I DID IT!

English 101: Communication. Read a bit more.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 5/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 43 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 4.  

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 4. Don't forget front split practice!  Check!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

^^Dramatic recreation of my long weekend.

• Like 3

Week 4. Just updating the rolling goals:

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 5/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 43 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 6.  

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 4. Don't forget front split practice!  Did not remember to do post-run.

New challenge is up:

Happy Zero Week!!

• Like 2