Hey, you like music? Good. I got a question for ya.

So I've been getting back into making electronic music with a DAW, of several different genres.  I'm nearly done with my current project, and I'm already thinking about my next one.  I have a couple of ideas in my head, but I'm not quite sure which one to work on first...

SO!

Out of curiosity, of the two albums you could listen to, which would you prefer:

A.  

A radio broadcast, taking place 5 years after a zombie outbreak. 

The year is 2026.  The carnage over the globe has finally calmed down, and everyone is getting used to everyday life, as mankind slowly starts to rebuild itself.  Government officials stay locked away in whatever hidden bunkers they've built for themselves, while the rest of humanity is found either living in makeshift outposts, or roughing it out in the wilderness - fighting against bloodthirsty raiders, countless zombies, and the perils of mother nature herself.  Electricity is slowly finding its way back into the world, and the only form of communication is amplitude modulation radio broadcasting.  Enter "Bad News Barry", an electrical engineer turned radio DJ in the pacific northwest, broadcasting whatever music he can find in the rubble of old record stores, or whatever music people mail to him in his fortified broadcasting station in Seattle (rock, hip-hop, techno, and country).  Barry also provides weather and traffic reports, helpful information segments, and rumors and news from the surrounding outposts.  Think the serious, survival-nature tone of The Walking Dead, meets the facetious, carefree attitude of Galaxy News Radio from Fallout 3.

OR...

B.

The soundtrack to your next cyberpunk adventure.

Heavy rain falls upon the city built from grimy steel and neon dreams at dusk.  Flying cars and food trucks dot the city, frequented by those who can afford cybernetic limbs that actually work.  Towering skyscrapers seem to pierce the heavens, as the lucky few who control the streets look down upon it, like kings in their ivory towers.  Meanwhile you, on the ground level with the rest of the scum, are wondering how to spend your evening.  Do you check out the techno-punk-fusion show in that hacker's basement?  Do you attend the next jazz improv session at the rooftop garden club?  Do you head to your favorite dive bar to see if Marty's got any work for you?  Do you log onto the web, and see what new exploits are happening in corporate security?  Do you sneak into the Techno-Comp shipping facility, without triggering the silent alarm this time?  Or do you head underground into the network of subway tunnels, searching for something much more... sinister?  Whether you're playing Shadowrun, getting into the hacker mindset, or just love electronic music, this soundtrack will put you in the perfect state of mind, combining the sounds of dark bass tones, 80's synthesizers, and dirty punk rock.

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire

Honestly, I think I'd listen to either. I would enjoy A more, but derive more utility from B

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

So, I finally finished up my first music project. 

And guess what? 

It's about you guys (and girls, not sexist)!

This album is dedicated, and inspired by, you:  the super awesome, Nerd Fitness community.  Each song is based off the different classes and their training methods, along with a few extras as well.  All of the songs are available for download, 100% free!  Give them a listen, and hopefully, you'll add them to your workout playlist.

Keeping working hard my brothers and sisters!  You're all bad-ass exemplars of pure awesomeness!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire