• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverThatBored

NeverThatBored: Da Bu Dee Da Bu Dai

12 hours ago, Endor said:

I've quit crossfit for now though, my coach pissed me off (long story) and I was a bit tired of the high reps of the same movement, also got injured a lot. I'm doing a similar class now called F45 that is functional circuit training. Basically a 45 min EMOM. The weights are a lot lighter but it's faster and keeps me engaged better. I've changed my sport of choice from Squash to Football (soccer) as well so this style of cardio based stuff is prepping me better for the football I think. 

Yeah, I remember that you were dealing with a lot of injuries. I'm glad to hear you found something else that works...although a 45 minute EMOM sounds like torture. :P 

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember that you were dealing with a lot of injuries. I'm glad to hear you found something else that works...although a 45 minute EMOM sounds like torture.  
People in these classes think they are working hard, mostly they're not, they're comfortable. Crossfit taught me how to go further than you think you can.

One of the most useful things i learnt was that different muscle systems will keep working even when you're exhausted and think you can't do something. If you haven't fatigued those muscles they'll do the work even if you're out of breath.

I'm actually secretly enjoying the suffering, i know, i'm a weirdo!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Week 3 Monday/Tuesday Updates

Let's see if I can update a LITTLE more often this week...

On Monday, I did Crossfit and some supplemental pullup stuff afterwards.

I'm off to a slow start with the walking / morning tasks. I haven't done either for the past two days. On the bright side, I did get out for mini-walks in the evening both days. It's a mental win for me when I avoid thinking it's all or nothing - a short 15-20 minute walk still contributes to the goal even if it's not the full 45 minutes I wanted. That said, I need to focus on getting out earlier. 

I felt really lightheaded/wobbly all day, which makes me wonder if I wasn't eating enough...? But I've been eating plenty all day to try to make up for that, and I haven't felt any better, so I don't know for sure. Anywho - I was planning to either go to Aikido or stretch today, but I wasn't feeling up to it, so I didn't. I DID do all of my planned daily stretching, plus some dips and an extra 10 minute stretching session for the hips. So that's something at least.

I'm continuing to eat only when hungry / only until full, although I have to be careful about eating speed still. I got a little fast at dinner since I was pretty hungry by the time I was done cooking (some left over meal prep that didn't get done on Sunday). I hit the sugar goal both days too! My meals have also been pretty well constructed, although there's definitely more room for improvement there.

• Like 2

Good luck on the belt test, and congrats on being almost done with the student loans!

(I'm just catching up. LOVED the story about the dog. You clearly have magical powers).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

It seems you didn't die on your last crossfit day :P

When is the belt test, on saturday?

They're super informal about the belt tests and they just have them whenever someone is ready to test. So it's whatever day I go in next! Which will be Thursday. 

• Like 3

Whoops - I didn't mean to go so long without posting! 

I don't feel like doing a proper summary at the moment but here are some highlights:

• I passed my belt test!! Woohoo!! I'm officially a 5th kyu again at this dojo.
  • I went to an all day Aikido seminar on Saturday - it was 7 45 minute aikido classes in one day. It was actually a lot of fun! I was just relieved that I was able to follow most of the techniques (at least at a low level). At one point I accidentally poked someone in the eye. D: I was alarmed and felt bad at the time, but in hindsight I think that maybe he was supposed to get out of the way so it might not have been totally my fault. :P
  • Work continues to be crazy so I ended up working part of labor day and I've been scrambling with that, so my mileage has been low.  
  • We've had lots of interesting Crossfit workouts. On Tuesday we just did a 2K row time trial and I clocked in at around 9:14. I was the slowest person, but also I was pretty happy with the time and think I can break it next time. 
  • I've had some really good wins with mindful eating! But I don't have any more time to write about it right now so I'll leave it there. 
  • Like 6