• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Solemnly Swears She is Up to No Good

I think I may have done a Harry Potter themed challenge semi-recently BUT I'm doing it again because I have a dance performance coming up and it's to Hedwigs Theme so I'm feeling pretty Hogwarts inspired right now :D However since I probably exhausted all the good old fashioned Potter gifs in my challenge a few months ago, this challenge will be hilarious and no-good HP gif themed.  #sorrynotsorry

giphy.gif

Yeah we will see how long this lasts.

Some background on me - my two main pursuits are powerlifting and ballroom dancing. Powerlifting I've been doing for a long while now and ballroom dancing I just got into back in December. I did ballet for 15 years when I was growing up so dance isn't super foreign to me but ballroom is SO FREAKIN' different and it's been 13 years since I've danced at all so it's definitely a challenge. I've actually got my first ever competition coming up in September (AHHHHHHHH), even though it's a super friendly not serious between some studios competition and not like... a real one. I did something similar with a performance team back in March but this one it will be just me doing a showcase (it's the Hedwig's theme dance I am basing this challenge around mentioned above). I'm ascared.  But also still pretty darn excited.  Lifting wise I've been more or less doing as a maintenance activity but the past 2 weeks I've been starting to step my game up again because I want to be stronger and I am finally feeling I am in a place where my body is used to how much dancing I am doing and it won't exhaust me.  So far so good.

As far as my challenge goes I usually end up using them kind of as a glorified battle log but I here are some goals anyway:

Goal 1: Clean

xGKCjb.gif

Fly Lady Daily Tasks 5x/week

Last challenge I mostly focused on decluttering and making my apartment presentable and I succeeded! I have had people over semi-regularly and don't feel a wave of nausea inducing panic anymore at the thought of house guests. My first goal this challenge will be to maintain this as the status-quo.  Honestly, I've been trying to do the Fly Lady thing for 3-ish years but I've never had a good baseline to go off of and it always just feels so overwhelming.  Now that I've got a clean baseline apartment I feel like I can *gasp* actually do some maintenance cleaning?!?!?!?  Should be interesting.

Goal 2: Lift

giphy.gif

Strength workout 3x/week

I have generally failed every darn time I tried to re-up my strength training from 2 to 3 days a week over the last few months and I think it was because I was still adjusting to my new dance schedule.  The last few weeks I've been actually doing it super successfully and feeling pretty great about it so I want to keep this up.

Goal 3: Dance

06b68ff83ff311b9_qjMr00.gif

Private lesson 1x/week

I probably don't need to make this a goal because I'm going to do it anyway, but it's an easy win and I want an excuse to talk about it so there you go.

So there you have it, a few days late but what are you gonna do.  Time to do the thing!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following!! Are you still doing that unbreakable body foot stuff?

I am!! I do it on days I do strength training :)

51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome back. I was about to stage an intervention, then I saw your explanation in your old thread. I'm currently wrapping up reading Deathly Hallows for the nth time. What house are you in?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKtc5HTwBI0BFzQtqqin7

Omg that picture ahhhhhhh I'm scarred lmao.  Great contribution to this theme XD

I felt an intervention was probably coming soon tbh and was going to try to figure out how to tapatalk when it started working on my computer again hooray!

I'm Ravenclaw with a smidge of Hufflepuff.  Ravenpuff!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Private lesson 1x/week

I probably don't need to make this a goal because I'm going to do it anyway, but it's an easy win and I want an excuse to talk about it so there you go.

Yay! Glad you have an excuse to talk about dance!

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I am!! I do it on days I do strength training :)

Omg that picture ahhhhhhh I'm scarred lmao.  Great contribution to this theme XD

I felt an intervention was probably coming soon tbh and was going to try to figure out how to tapatalk when it started working on my computer again hooray!

I am Hufflepuff all the way!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stribs said:

Oh good, you ARE alive :)!!  Following!

I ammmmm! I'm excited to be back round these parts :) I'm hoping to make some rounds today! Hope you are doing well!

16 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

How's it going??

Good! It actually started to get REALLY hard so even though it's supposed to be like, a 1 month long progression I'm still doing mostly week 2 stuff and sneaking in the harder stuff here and there. My feet feel great, though. No more cramps while dancing! And I swear my turns have gotten better but I've also been practicing a lot and got new shoes, but I really think the unbreakable feet exercises helped with my control over my contact with the floor to help with turns.

• Like 3

1.R

giphy.gif

This week is going swimmingly so far.  I lifted on Monday and yesterday, have been doing ROMWOD every day, and have a private dance lesson tomorrow (also salsa class tonight, jive class on Saturday, performance team rehearsal Sunday, and Tango class on Sunday). My eating has been pretty much more or less good and non-assholey.  Cleaning is good - I missed my Fly Lady stuff last night but I've got plenty of days in the week to make that up and hit 100% of my 5 day a week goal for that.

I'm currently in the throes of debating if I want to do some more competition-y things at the upcoming event my dance studio is doing.  Right now I'm just signed up for that one showcase but I'm thinking mayyyybbeeee I want to do more? I had a fairly (read: extremely) stressful and dramatic day at work so I just want to go do allllllll the dancing to blow of steam.  And the other type of thing I could do are heats which seem kind of really cool/exciting because there's an unpredictable element to them which is so outside of my comfort zone.  I will continue to mull this over.  I've got until the end of the month to decide!

• Like 7

fb1e18cd59c96b6b12282696b99fb3bffc559b89

On 8/15/2018 at 2:45 PM, Raxie said:

Always depends on the day whether I'm leaning toward Ravendor or at the Slytherclaw end of the Ravenclaw spectrum...

st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite

or...

1423250406.png

• Like 3

I've been waaaaaiting to see the Raxie thread!  I was getting nervous we were all going to have to stalk you again!

Glad to see ya here.

You bring the best gifs to the yard.

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I found out about Ilvermorny after Pottermore told me I am a Hufflepuff. Therefore Ilvermonry happens to other people.

There's Pottermore testing for Ilvermorny too.  I was Gryffindor,  now I'm a Thunderbird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I took the Ilvermonry test, but the names meant nothing to me as I had no narrative to give them a context.

Did you read the house descriptions and the history of Ilvermorny?  I felt like the houses were well explained (except Wampus, I could use a little more exposition there.). 

What I want to know is how the schools in South America, Africa and Japan teach magic, because those schools don't teach or use wands; and it seems like the African school teaches finger tutting like in the Magicians.  Imagine how much easier second year would have been for Ron, (and seventh year for everyone else) if they hadn't needed wands to do everything.  Rowling really needs to get on developing the universe beyond Britain, other countries can contribute too.  

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, Elastigirl said:

Yay! Glad you have an excuse to talk about dance!

You may be sorry you said that.  I tend to get really wall-of-texty about my dancing XD

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, Terra said:

OMG - I love this theme.  Thank you for all the really bad HP gifs.  I might spend lots of my time here...  

ColorfulHollowEft-small.gif

I'm really excited about it too - and a little afraid.  Once I go through the first page of google image hits I'm afraid what I may find in the depths of the internet.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

fb1e18cd59c96b6b12282696b99fb3bffc559b89

Always depends on the day whether I'm leaning toward Ravendor or at the Slytherclaw end of the Ravenclaw spectrum...

st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite

or...

1423250406.png

Sometimes I feel a little Slytherin - I'm pretty ambitious and definitely look out for myself but I think (not to mesh YA mythologies too much here) in terms of houses everyones Divergent between at least 2-3 of them if not all of them, it's just a matter of finding what you MOST identify with.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

980x.gif

OH EM GEE JITTERS!!! Heyo! Good to see you around these parts :D

23 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Remember,  you would have been sorted at age 11, so it's not based on who you are now, but what type of kid you were. 

I've definitely been Ravenpuff forever - my ideals and life goals have pretty much not changed since I was 3 hahah.  This is a great point though.

19 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I've been waaaaaiting to see the Raxie thread!  I was getting nervous we were all going to have to stalk you again!

Glad to see ya here.

Hahah I know the great Raxie stalkening needs to happen occasionally.  I'm a good radar faller offer, especially with my work IT silliness.  But I'm glad to be here :)

19 hours ago, Starpuck said:

You bring the best gifs to the yard.

DAMN RIGHT. 

a4zj_f-maxage-0.gif

16 hours ago, MikeW said:

Ahhh you're back! And ballroom-ing! And we mind-twinned and did a HP theme (even if I've almost totally abandoned my challenge thread - whoops!).

I noticed that yesterday! Both that we twinned and that you abandoned your thread (not that I can judge on that one hahah XD)

I'm doing a showcase at a low key friendly (ie being run by my studio and not like a WDSF thing or anything) BUT STILL JUDGED COMPETITION AHHHHH.  Trying not to lose my cool. 

15 hours ago, ladylydia said:

There's Pottermore testing for Ilvermorny too.  I was Gryffindor,  now I'm a Thunderbird.

I took the test, and I know if this were real I'd be in Ilvermorny, but I figure I've already been bonded with Ravenclaw since I was 10 so if I can pretend I'm a wizard I can also pretend I'm British hahah.  I married a Scot so that's close enough, right?

3 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Did you read the house descriptions and the history of Ilvermorny?  I felt like the houses were well explained (except Wampus, I could use a little more exposition there.). 

What I want to know is how the schools in South America, Africa and Japan teach magic, because those schools don't teach or use wands; and it seems like the African school teaches finger tutting like in the Magicians.  Imagine how much easier second year would have been for Ron, (and seventh year for everyone else) if they hadn't needed wands to do everything.  Rowling really needs to get on developing the universe beyond Britain, other countries can contribute too.  

I would so be in for hearing about all of this too - I LOVE Pottermore and all the detail they've put into so much of their stuff.

3 hours ago, ladylydia said:

I'll admit, I may have gone too deep into Pottermore. 

...I'm right there with you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ladylydia said:

When I got sorted in Ilvermorny there wasn't as much detail as you are describing on Pottermore. I don't remember seeing anything about the other schools. Since Pottermore changed their format it's so hard to read anything anymore.

• Like 1