• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Solemnly Swears She is Up to No Good

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

You may be sorry you said that.  I tend to get really wall-of-texty about my dancing XD

Bring. It. On!

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

I've definitely been Ravenpuff forever - my ideals and life goals have pretty much not changed since I was 3 hahah.  This is a great point though.

You’re a ravenpuff too???? Are you sure we’re not clones?

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

a4zj_f-maxage-0.gif

Emma Watson is the greatest - this is just further proof.

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

I noticed that yesterday! Both that we twinned and that you abandoned your thread (not that I can judge on that one hahah XD)

XD I’m back now! Gonna be compiling a lot of code the next week or so, so probably will be foruming quite a bit!

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

I'm doing a showcase at a low key friendly (ie being run by my studio and not like a WDSF thing or anything) BUT STILL JUDGED COMPETITION AHHHHH.  Trying not to lose my cool. 

AHHHHH FIRST COMP!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!! If you’re taking crowd votes, I vote Hell Yes to heats - good way to dip your toe into competition for sure!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Glad to have my parts seen...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5454470

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When I got sorted in Ilvermorny there wasn't as much detail as you are describing on Pottermore. I don't remember seeing anything about the other schools. Since Pottermore changed their format it's so hard to read anything anymore.

When they updated their format is when they added like 437902578947109 pages of new content.  It is definitely weird to search/sort through though and not super user friendly which is annoying because there are some good gems to be found.

13 hours ago, MikeW said:

Bring. It. On!

Oh it's about to be brought.

tenor.gif?itemid=7251235

You’re a ravenpuff too???? Are you sure we’re not clones?

I'm getting less and less sure that we are not by the moment.

Emma Watson is the greatest - this is just further proof.

XD I’m back now! Gonna be compiling a lot of code the next week or so, so probably will be foruming quite a bit!

AHHHHH FIRST COMP!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!! If you’re taking crowd votes, I vote Hell Yes to heats - good way to dip your toe into competition for sure!

I am always open to crowd votes hahah.  I know if I ever do compete for reals and not just this friendly low key stuff I would not be doing showcases and would be doing heats so I know this would be a great way to try it out (and it's also wayyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper).  I'm just not sure if I have enough time and I'm not sure what styles I would want to do.  I'm already doing a formation team showcase and  solo pro-am show case and there's exactly a month from today to get everything together.  I suppose I could start taking more than one lesson a week just for this month, and I wouldn't say no to more dancing ever so hmmm.  I kinda would have wanted to do am-am since that's what all my friends are doing for this but all the leader ams are now taken since I hesitated hahah.  Or I could convince my other friend to do something with me but he doesn't seem into competing. Or I could do some pro-am heats.  These decisions are why I haven't figured out if I'm doing heats yet or not XD I take too long to make up my mind and then it's too late.  Hahaha

• Like 3

2.T

A631.gif

So it's definitely time for an update. Let me see. Long story short: I lifted 3x last week, did all my cleaning tasks, and went to my dance lesson.

My front squats are FINALLY getting stronger (I switched from doing back squats every workout to do alternating front and back squats a while back and I've been on the struggle bus with the front squats for sure).  I'm way more comfy with the grip and really feel like the bar is secure, which I for sure didn't when first starting out.  I also added bicep curls in as an accessory.  Wow are my biceps weak. 2x8x30lb basically killed me, RPE was at max for the last rep I cannot believe I didn't fail to be honest. I'm excited to work on getting more definition there though, I know it's kind of a glamour bro muscle but I have no shame.

I want to start working on my flexibility more.  I do ROMWOD every day, I absolutely love it and that definitely increases my range of motion but I find help more with trigger points and general tightness, which is great and the point of the program.  But I haven't felt my actual (warmed up) flexibility is changing much and I want that.  I'm already more flexible that the average person (I can touch my nose to my knees, I can go into a pretty deep lunge, etc) but as a true ranger I WANT MOAR. I'm kind of debating checking out GMB's focused flexibility program? It's not their full suite but I guess a sub-program of that so it's not a huge commitment and I know a lot of people here have really liked their elements program.  I just don't want to get it and it end up being a collecting underwear thing. I wish they had like a trial or something. Has anyone done their focused flexibility plus program before? If so, any thoughts would be awesome.

I had last week's dance lesson on Friday and this week's was yesterday.  The choreography for the harry potter waltz is all done now more or less and I'm super excited about it.  I ordered wands for the costume and now we have to figure out how exactly to store them when we're not using them but so they're ready to be pulled out for the like 1.2 milliseconds we will be swishing them about XD. I still need to figure out if I want to do heats or not... if I don't decide by my lesson next week that's basically a decision not to do them due to time constraints.

Monday I lifted again, last night I had two dance classes (latin jazz and international rumba technique), both of which I felt better than normal about - I just felt on if that makes sense.  Tonight I've got a steering committee meeting with my volunteer organization.  I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in a lifting session in on top of that but I know I won't have time this weekend to do it so I'm just going to have to figure it out.

• Like 4

HEEEEEEEYYY! Good to see ya :)

So, I just re-did my Pottermore sorting hat..and I got Ravenclaw! This is not the first time I've been sorted as Ravenclaw. I also get Gryffindor as well so I guess I'm a Ravendor lol. I also went ahead and did the rest of the quizzes and got:

• Patronus: Irish Wolfhound
  • Wand: 13" Cedarwood w/ a phoenix core and sold flexibility
  • Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird

I have The Prisoner of Azkaban on audible waiting for me because I'm currently listening to:

Image result for the drawing of the three

:D :D

I'm really enjoying it! It's a super trippy book!

Wolf

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

HEEEEEEEYYY! Good to see ya :)

So, I just re-did my Pottermore sorting hat..and I got Ravenclaw! This is not the first time I've been sorted as Ravenclaw. I also get Gryffindor as well so I guess I'm a Ravendor lol. I also went ahead and did the rest of the quizzes and got:

• Patronus: Irish Wolfhound
  • Wand: 13" Cedarwood w/ a phoenix core and sold flexibility
  • Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird

I have The Prisoner of Azkaban on audible waiting for me because I'm currently listening to:

Image result for the drawing of the three

:D :D

I'm really enjoying it! It's a super trippy book!

Wolf

Oooh I haven't done mine in so long I can't remember what my wand was! I remember being pretty happy with it though.

Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite in terms of the books - enjoy!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raxie said:

When they updated their format is when they added like 437902578947109 pages of new content.  It is definitely weird to search/sort through though and not super user friendly which is annoying because there are some good gems to be found.

So I just went back again. I had to retake the Hogwarts quiz (I had last taken it before the new format) and got Hufflepuff again. Ilvermorny house is Horned Serpent. Beagle Patronus, Wand is Red Oak with Unicorn hair, 13 1/2" and bendy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So I just went back again. I had to retake the Hogwarts quiz (I had last taken it before the new format) and got Hufflepuff again. Ilvermorny house is Horned Serpent. Beagle Patronus, Wand is Red Oak with Unicorn hair, 13 1/2" and bendy.

You guys are making me want to go back and redo my stuff now since I can't remember what my wand is and I never got sorted in the American houses even though I read all the stuff about them. Things to do during lunch tomorrow.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Raxie said:

You guys are making me want to go back and redo my stuff now since I can't remember what my wand is and I never got sorted in the American houses even though I read all the stuff about them. Things to do during lunch tomorrow.

I may or may not have caught up on a bunch of stuff I never read before on pottermore...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

13 1/2" and bendy.

Dang...your's is half an inch bigger than mine. But I think I have you on the flexibility ;) 

18 hours ago, Raxie said:

Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite in terms of the books - enjoy!!!

It's possible my favorite of the books, but I've never listened to them on audible and really excited about it. You didn't catch the picture I posted did you? I'm shocked you didn't say anything about it, lol.

Wolf

• Like 1

I was all hyped about the awesomeness of Raxie, (gosh I hope we get to see this waltz, please please let us see video of it!) but then I was like 'Waaaaat?  I have NEVER taken the Potter quizzes.  I dunno what I am!'  Links!  I NEED LINKS PEOPLE!

Also, Raxie... you are still my spirit animal. :D

4 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Dang...your's is half an inch bigger than mine. But I think I have you on the flexibility ;) 

I've got you both beat - 13 3/4" :P

4 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

It's possible my favorite of the books, but I've never listened to them on audible and really excited about it. You didn't catch the picture I posted did you? I'm shocked you didn't say anything about it, lol.

Wolf

I've been meaning to listen to the audio books - I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what you think!

Hah wow I'm glad you said something because it didn't load on my work computer I had to go check it on my phone. SQUEEE DRAWING OF THE THREE!!!! I really need to get myself a stuffed lobstrosity.

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I was all hyped about the awesomeness of Raxie, (gosh I hope we get to see this waltz, please please let us see video of it!) but then I was like 'Waaaaat?  I have NEVER taken the Potter quizzes.  I dunno what I am!'  Links!  I NEED LINKS PEOPLE!

Also, Raxie... you are still my spirit animal. :D

I can't wait to see what you get!

I'll totally be your patronus :D

• Like 2

2.R

giphy.gif

So I wasn't able to fit in lifting last night because my volunteer meeting went way over.  We got a lot done though.  I'll most definitely be lifting tonight and I'll just have to suck it up and get up before 10AM on Saturday (the horror) so I can lift in the morning then to get my third session in.  Worse comes to worst I have plenty of time Sunday but I don't want to have to resort to that because that means I won't be able to lift Monday and it'll screw up my whole schedule next week.  I really shouldn't let myself sleep in that late on weekends anyway.

I'm feeling weird that my lesson was so early in the week this week.  It's been 2 days with no dancing and I have to wait until Saturday for my next class. I think I'm an addict.

I retook all my Pottermore quizzes! Here's what I got:

Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw

Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie (apparently the house of the heart)

(I think these two houses combined kinda make Ravenpuff so this is great)

Patronus: Lynx

Wand: 13 3/4" Ebony with Unicorn hair core, rigid (the unicorn hair is super cool because apparently if it's mishandled it gets sad and "dies".  it can also get really sad if separated from it's original owner.  I like this.  The ebony description I really like too: "Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider")

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I've got you both beat - 13 3/4" :P

Related image

14 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Hah wow I'm glad you said something because it didn't load on my work computer I had to go check it on my phone. SQUEEE DRAWING OF THE THREE!!!! I really need to get myself a stuffed lobstrosity.

No worries ;). I knew something was off because you LOVE the Dark Tower series. It's been great so far! I think a stuffed Lobstrosity would be awesome! I want replicas of Rolands guns :)I'm at the part where-

Spoiler

Eddie goes through the door with Roland after the big shootout and Eddies door can't be used anymore. AWESOME STUFF!

As for my wand:

Picture of wand

Cedar- Whenever I meet one who carries a cedar wand, I find strength of character and unusual loyalty. My father, Gervaise Ollivander, used always to say, ‘you will never fool the cedar carrier,’ and I agree: the cedar wand finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception. I would go further than my father, however, in saying that I have never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them.

• I liked this description. :) 

Phoenix core- This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.  

• This also makes sense. Being that they are the hardest to tame and personalise, it seems like a challenge to get my wand to even like me, haha. And I LOVE A GOOD CHALLENGE!

The Pottermore stuff is really quite awesome. I want a replica of my wand now lol.

Wolf

• Like 1

Ooooh ok ok ok.

My Hogwarts House:    Ravenclaw

Patronus: Nebelung Cat

Wand: This guy!  

Pear wood with a dragon heartstring core, 123/4" and slightly spring flexibility!

Picture of wand

Where my Ravens at?

• Like 1

Gryffindor (Thunderbird), Manx Cat, 12-1/4" fir wand with unicorn-hair core and hard flexibility.

I know what I'm doing with it so the size doesn't bother me B) however I'm somewhat perturbed at having an inflexible softwood wand.

nVV0TlP.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thx for the link@Wolf. Was planning on continuing to be hella lazy ;)

Jumped on the bandwagon:

According to Pottermore, I’m house Gryffindor - though everywhere else I sort as Ravenclaw

Patronus is a Falcon - not sure what that means, but since it’s a predator, I’ll take it - and name him David

Wand is an 11” Cypress wood with Phoenix feather core and unyielding flexibility - which sounds on the nose (shrimpy, smells pretty, difficult and willful minion, hella resilient)

And Ilvermorny House is Horned Serpent (scholar house)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Knowing absolutely nothing about HP (have yet to read the books or watch the movies), I decided to see where this takes me. And my results are thus:

Ravenclaw House

Patronus is a Wild Rabbit

My wand is a 13" pear wood with a dragon heartstring core and pliant flexibility. 

Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird

Now, can anyone tell me what all of this means? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Knowing absolutely nothing about HP (have yet to read the books or watch the movies), I decided to see where this takes me. And my results are thus:

Ravenclaw House

Patronus is a Wild Rabbit

My wand is a 13" pear wood with a dragon heartstring core and pliant flexibility. 

Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird

Now, can anyone tell me what all of this means? 

On your pottermore profile there should be a link beneath everything that explains the significance of each.

I find it interesting that people's Ilvermorny houses don't always correlate precisely with their Hogwart's houses. Thunderbird seems roughly equivalent to Gryffindor, whereas horned serpent seems equivalent to Ravenclaw.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Where my Ravens at?

YO! ;) (Though I'm a more a hybrid of Ravenclaw and Gryffindor)

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m going to declare myself a Hufflepuff. I don’t know what wand I have, but I’m sure it’s bigger than Wolfies.

Image result for i don't believe you gif

Image result for yeah you're right gif

14 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Gryffindor (Thunderbird), Manx Cat, 12-1/4" fir wand with unicorn-hair core and hard flexibility.

I know what I'm doing with it so the size doesn't bother me B) however I'm somewhat perturbed at having an inflexible softwood wand.

nVV0TlP.gif

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Pottermore said Fir is incredibly strong.

See...it may be shorter but its strong as hell. I would say that's winning especially cuz you know what you're doing with it ;) 

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Thx for the link@Wolf. Was planning on continuing to be hella lazy ;)

Sure thing! It's always exciting to do quizzes but a Pottermore quiz full of awe and wonder can't be beat! Woot woot, Ravenclaw! (I'm totally embracing the house now when for years I thought I was Gryffindor)

Image result for ravenclaw

Sorry for the threadjack, Raxie. We love you though!

Wolf

• Like 3

I find it interesting that I got sorted into Ravenclaw, considering the amount of times in my D&D, Ars Magicka, Warhammer, Warhammer40k games that I establish ravens into my characters personality, history or naming.   Pretty neat!  And glad to see my peeps are fellow housemates!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Pottermore said Fir is incredibly strong.

It's decent among softwoods, probably second to spruce in terms of strength/weight, but it doesn't hold a candle to most hardwoods.  We frame houses with fir, but we don't build furniture with it--it's just not durable enough.

In a wand I want tensile strength and a high modulus of elasticity to withstand bending stress.  Commercially that means hickory, but locally I can find Osage orange that is just about the ideal wood for wand-making, in my opinion.  It also happens to be highly prized for bows as well, and for the same reasons.

2 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

See...it may be shorter but its strong as hell. I would say that's winning especially cuz you know what you're doing with it ;) 

I know what I'm about, son.   B)

th?id=OIP.PeESXDP-YB16qVat2vi3kwHaJ4&pid

• Like 2