• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Solemnly Swears She is Up to No Good

4.T

snape-asparagus.gif

Week 3 rounded off nicely.  I hit all my goals with 5x/week daily cleaning, I lifted three times, and I had my dance lessons.  I'm actually doing 2 lessons a week starting last week for 3 weeks until the performance so we can get everything super clean.  Then back to 1x/week.  After that performance later this month Mr. Raxie is supposed to start working on a cha cha number to do with me for our studio's holiday performance to Mele Kalikimaka which I am SO EXCITED FOR. It's going to be so ridiculous. Oh another dance update, I ultimately decided not to do heats in the friendly competition situation at my studio this time around.  Next time for 100% sure. 

Anyway, my OHPs, as you can probably tell, were big old jerks on Friday and I ended up failing all over the place when an attempt of 5x5 becoming 3/4/3/5/3. Grumble grumble.  To be fair they were always my weakest lift, and even back in the days of heavy Raxie lifting when I was squatting 200lb I could still only OHP 65lb, and Friday I was going for 57.5lb so I'm not upset.  I just haven't gotten to the point of failure yet with any of my lifts in my new ramp up since July so I was a tad disappointed.  Last night I cam really close to not lifting but I hard hatted it and made it happen and I'm glad I did. Tonight I've got 2 dance classes - Latin Jazz and Samba.  I haven't done samba in about 4 months so it should be interesting.

Side note - ever since I stopped setting a meditation goal for myself and actually making it not a priority I've been meditating pretty frequently and I'm feeling good about it.  It's weird how that works, right?

• Like 6

If it's weird and it works, it's not weird. 

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

You may be interested to hear that my 11 year old son recently (last week) started to read Harry Potter. He was pretty disappointed in the first two chapters, but muscled through and is enjoying reading every night. I will have to start reading it as well, he seems to want to talk about it.

20 hours ago, Raxie said:

Side note - ever since I stopped setting a meditation goal for myself and actually making it not a priority I've been meditating pretty frequently and I'm feeling good about it.  It's weird how that works, right?

The mind can be weird. I have some goals that work great if I make I goal, then I have others where the goal just annoys me and I do it less. I think if I was always either goal oriented or not it would be easier. But, my brain likes to be random about what it needs to do to be motivated.:smile-new:

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

If it's weird and it works, it's not weird. 

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

I embrace the weird - so I'm fine with it either way hahah. Especially if there are tinfoil hats!

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

You may be interested to hear that my 11 year old son recently (last week) started to read Harry Potter. He was pretty disappointed in the first two chapters, but muscled through and is enjoying reading every night. I will have to start reading it as well, he seems to want to talk about it.

Oooh yes very interested! I feel like the first ~2-3 books do start off a bit slow because Harry's just chillin being depressed at the Dursley's for a few chapters all day every day, but each of them make up for it once at Hogwarts.  And then the later books are all action all the time pretty much.  The later books are much less childish too - they definitely grow in maturity in terms of the writing with Harry it's kinda cool.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Elastigirl said:

The mind can be weird. I have some goals that work great if I make I goal, then I have others where the goal just annoys me and I do it less. I think if I was always either goal oriented or not it would be easier. But, my brain likes to be random about what it needs to do to be motivated.:smile-new:

I'm realizing I'm this way with food too.  I do SO much better with the "don't eat like an asshole" mentality then with counting calories or macros or anything.

• Like 1

4.F

65360-Voldemort-s-Face-On-Britney-Spears

Wow it's so close to the end of this challenge!  This week is going great.  All of my strength sessions are done for the week.  I failed front squats for the first time in my front squat journey - I must say it's much less scarier than failing back squats.  I also am taking this as my cue to start doing back squats again.  I was doing every other workout front and back alternating, but then I got really excited about front squats and started doing those every work out.  Now I think I want to go back to every other.  I tried a back squat with some low weight just to make sure it all still felt kosher to me and it was laughably light.  I forget how much easier back squats are than front, I'll probably just start again at the weight I'm at with front squats now (90lb) but start increasing by 5lb instead of 2.5lb for now until I hit like 110lb or something. In other news my barbell row form is really solidifying and they don't feels super weird any more. Woot.

I've got a dance lesson today and tomorrow.  Actually tomorrow is nuts, my sister is coming to visit and I'm going to a dance class with her that I usually don't frequent but she wants to come dance and it's an easier class so I'm going with her, then I have my 2 regular harder Saturday classes, then I have a dance lesson, then that night I have a dance performance.  Sooooo tomorrow I'm going a little dance-crazy.  I'll sleep well that's for sure. 

I missed a cleaning thing this week but I guess I can do it Sunday and still get all 5 in.  I'm really glad to be done with this daily cleaning task thing after this week and move on to my new challenge.

Hope everyone's Friday is awesome!

PS I think this  might be my favourite no good gif I have found this entire challenge so far XD

• Like 4

Challenge Wrap Up

b088a235239acb22ca9d6cb070faa81736e2cc21

This challenge was pretty low key for me - I really got done what I wanted to get done, there were no huge wow moments like PRs or performances or anything but it was all smooth sailing.  I'm feeling so much better in terms of my lifting and dancing and cleaning than the beginning of the challenge and that's what matters right?  I pretty much 100%-ed everything with the exception of I missed one lifting session (out of a planned 15) so I'm... really totally cool with this.  I got lots of extra dance lessons in too.  So... I'll just give myself an A! :D 

I'm really looking forward to the next challenge! I've got my first showcase (non-team) performance during it, and once that's over I am going to start working on cha cha which I am really excited about.  And I really recently started feeling super strong again so I have a feeling my lifting is going to be really great next challenge as well. 

Speaking of, here it is:

• Like 5