• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Solemnly Swears She is Up to No Good

9 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Patronus is a Falcon - not sure what that means, but since it’s a predator, I’ll take it - and name him David

I absolutely love that you named your patronus,  I hadn't thought of that.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I would argue that when you add a core material, like a Phoenix feather, it’s a composite material and the type of would doesn’t matter much because it’s acting like the resin in a carbon fiber construction.

Unicorn hair does nothing to reinforce the tensile strength of fir, to say nothing of improving its durability.  Ron Weasley's first wand had a unicorn-hair core and was made of Ash, the weakest species of which is still twice as strong as Fir.  We all remember what happened to that one.

Ollivander can suck it, I'm making my own wand.  :D  Osage orange, 9-3/4" (I'm not compensating for anything :P, and that length fits perfectly along my forearm), core made of thestral bone.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

I hadn't thought much of that either. Hmm.. I shall name my Irish Wolfhound patronus, Frank...because I'm liking that name for some reason.

Image result for irish wolfhound

Wolf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

Patronus: Unicorn. .....I'll have to come up with a name now.

Might I suggest, Wade? Or Bernadette?

Image result for deadpool unicorn

Wolf

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Wolfpool said:

Related image

tenor.gif?itemid=11750232

No worries ;). I knew something was off because you LOVE the Dark Tower series. It's been great so far! I think a stuffed Lobstrosity would be awesome! I want replicas of Rolands guns :)I'm at the part where-

Reveal hidden contents

Ahhh so exciting!!!! I actually forgot how much serious action is in that book. 

As for my wand:

Picture of wand

Cedar- Whenever I meet one who carries a cedar wand, I find strength of character and unusual loyalty. My father, Gervaise Ollivander, used always to say, ‘you will never fool the cedar carrier,’ and I agree: the cedar wand finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception. I would go further than my father, however, in saying that I have never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them.

• I liked this description. :) 

Phoenix core- This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.  

• This also makes sense. Being that they are the hardest to tame and personalise, it seems like a challenge to get my wand to even like me, haha. And I LOVE A GOOD CHALLENGE!

The Pottermore stuff is really quite awesome. I want a replica of my wand now lol.

Wolf

I feel like Pottermore does a really good job of nailing people down with their wands I love it.

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ooooh ok ok ok.

My Hogwarts House:    Ravenclaw

Patronus: Nebelung Cat

Wand: This guy!  

Pear wood with a dragon heartstring core, 123/4" and slightly spring flexibility!

Picture of wand

Where my Ravens at?

WOOT WOOT RAVENS REPRESENT

19 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m going to declare myself a Hufflepuff. I don’t know what wand I have, but I’m sure it’s bigger than Wolfies.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Gryffindor (Thunderbird), Manx Cat, 12-1/4" fir wand with unicorn-hair core and hard flexibility.

I know what I'm doing with it so the size doesn't bother me B) however I'm somewhat perturbed at having an inflexible softwood wand.

nVV0TlP.gif

Yes unicorn hair cores unite! And you have a cat patronus, too! You're kinda my Griffindor twin (I'm in Ravenclaw). 

Fir trees are so cool though! Embrace it!

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Pottermore said Fir is incredibly strong.

Yeah soft doesn't mean not strong :D

11 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Thx for the link@Wolf. Was planning on continuing to be hella lazy ;)

Jumped on the bandwagon:

According to Pottermore, I’m house Gryffindor - though everywhere else I sort as Ravenclaw

Patronus is a Falcon - not sure what that means, but since it’s a predator, I’ll take it - and name him David

Wand is an 11” Cypress wood with Phoenix feather core and unyielding flexibility - which sounds on the nose (shrimpy, smells pretty, difficult and willful minion, hella resilient)

And Ilvermorny House is Horned Serpent (scholar house)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pottermore changed their quiz a while back to be less "ARE YOU SMART OR ARE YOU BRAVE?!" like  a lot of the other quizzes are and made it more in depth and ended up sorting a lot of people into houses they weren't used it.  It's supposed to be more like what the sorting hat would do in terms of subconscious preferences and thoughts ::shrug::  Though I would have put you in Gryffindor so I would have to agree with Pottermore's assessment here :D

OMG DAVID YAAASSSSS

6 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Knowing absolutely nothing about HP (have yet to read the books or watch the movies), I decided to see where this takes me. And my results are thus:

Ravenclaw House

Patronus is a Wild Rabbit

My wand is a 13" pear wood with a dragon heartstring core and pliant flexibility. 

Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird

Now, can anyone tell me what all of this means? 

Ooh a wild rabbit very cool.  And pear wood.  I don't know why but this is making me hungry.

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

On your pottermore profile there should be a link beneath everything that explains the significance of each.

I find it interesting that people's Ilvermorny houses don't always correlate precisely with their Hogwart's houses. Thunderbird seems roughly equivalent to Gryffindor, whereas horned serpent seems equivalent to Ravenclaw.

I think the Ilvermorny are broken up a little differently.  Like the horned serpent is both Ravenclaw-ish and Slytherin-ish.  I think it seems more utility based than emotionally based - it's got heart, mind, spirit and body for it's 4 houses as opposed to Hogwarts which is more like personality? I'm not at all surprised I got the "heart" house, the description seems right on the nose of how I would have described my self-assigned Ravenpuff alliances.

4 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

YO! ;) (Though I'm a more a hybrid of Ravenclaw and Gryffindor)

Image result for i don't believe you gif

Image result for yeah you're right gif

See...it may be shorter but its strong as hell. I would say that's winning especially cuz you know what you're doing with it ;) 

Sure thing! It's always exciting to do quizzes but a Pottermore quiz full of awe and wonder can't be beat! Woot woot, Ravenclaw! (I'm totally embracing the house now when for years I thought I was Gryffindor)

Image result for ravenclaw

Sorry for the threadjack, Raxie. We love you though!

Wolf

I'm having a stressful day at work and opening up NF to this thread jack has brought me great joy.  No apologies needed!

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I find it interesting that I got sorted into Ravenclaw, considering the amount of times in my D&D, Ars Magicka, Warhammer, Warhammer40k games that I establish ravens into my characters personality, history or naming.   Pretty neat!  And glad to see my peeps are fellow housemates!

Oooh that is cool.  Ravens are such gorgeous birds. I never quite realized how big they were until recently actually.

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

It's decent among softwoods, probably second to spruce in terms of strength/weight, but it doesn't hold a candle to most hardwoods.  We frame houses with fir, but we don't build furniture with it--it's just not durable enough.

In a wand I want tensile strength and a high modulus of elasticity to withstand bending stress.  Commercially that means hickory, but locally I can find Osage orange that is just about the ideal wood for wand-making, in my opinion.  It also happens to be highly prized for bows as well, and for the same reasons.

I know what I'm about, son.   B)

th?id=OIP.PeESXDP-YB16qVat2vi3kwHaJ4&pid

I love how in depth this break down is hahaha.  Nerds for ever.  But also you don't choose the wand, the wand chooses you :D

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I would argue that when you add a core material, like a Phoenix feather, it’s a composite material and the type of would doesn’t matter much because it’s acting like the resin in a carbon fiber construction.

I would agree - the core makes the wand just as much as the wood!

1 hour ago, ladylydia said:

I need a name for mine too now!

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

Unicorn hair does nothing to reinforce the tensile strength of fir, to say nothing of improving its durability.  Ron Weasley's first wand had a unicorn-hair core and was made of Ash, the weakest species of which is still twice as strong as Fir.  We all remember what happened to that one.

Ollivander can suck it, I'm making my own wand.  :D  Osage orange, 9-3/4" (I'm not compensating for anything :P, and that length fits perfectly along my forearm), core made of thestral bone.

Seeing as you can take wands from other people I don't see why you can't buy or make your own wand that you want - I think in hardcore HP mythology though I would have to say it will never work as well for you as the one that would have chosen you though. But oooh thestral bone - what a cool idea for a core!

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

I hadn't thought much of that either. Hmm.. I shall name my Irish Wolfhound patronus, Frank...because I'm liking that name for some reason.

Image result for irish wolfhound

Wolf

Ugh I want an Irish Wolfhound in real life.  It's always been my dream dog.

51 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

Houses: Thunderbird (Gryffindor)

Wand: Black Walnut and Phoenix core, 10 3/4 inches. 

Patronus: Unicorn. .....I'll have to come up with a name now. 

Woah a unicorn! I love that.

44 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Might I suggest, Wade? Or Bernadette?

Image result for deadpool unicorn

Wolf

In the least shocking turn of events ever Wolfie has found a Deadpool picture that fits the conversation perfectly!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Seeing as you can take wands from other people I don't see why you can't buy or make your own wand that you want - I think in hardcore HP mythology though I would have to say it will never work as well for you as the one that would have chosen you though.

I have a theory that all wands are innately loyal to their maker, and that they only choose a first-allegiance when it's time to pair with a young wizard.  Of course, that means Ollivander was potentially the most powerful wizard in the world.  But only the most humble wizard could become a wand-maker.

I also harbor the illusion that I would be the next wand-maker to succeed Ollivander in the HP universe.  The wizarding world doesn't seem to have much need or use for architects (case in point, the Weasley house).  ;)

7 minutes ago, Raxie said:

But oooh thestral bone - what a cool idea for a core! 

It just fits.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I feel like Pottermore does a really good job of nailing people down with their wands I love it.

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I'm having a stressful day at work and opening up NF to this thread jack has brought me great joy.  No apologies needed!

Sorry about the stressful day, Rax. Happy Friday though! Yay, weekend :D!

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Ugh I want an Irish Wolfhound in real life.  It's always been my dream dog.

They are pretty dogs. And they are GINORMOUS! My dream dog is a Rhodesian Ridgeback but I would love a big ol Wolfhound ;) 

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

In the least shocking turn of events ever Wolfie has found a Deadpool picture that fits the conversation perfectly!

Related image

Wolf

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I think the Ilvermorny are broken up a little differently.  Like the horned serpent is both Ravenclaw-ish and Slytherin-ish.  I think it seems more utility based than emotionally based - it's got heart, mind, spirit and body for it's 4 houses as opposed to Hogwarts which is more like personality? I'm not at all surprised I got the "heart" house, the description seems right on the nose of how I would have described my self-assigned Ravenpuff alliances.

Interesting that I got the "heart" house in Hogwarts and the "Mind" house in Ilvermorny. 

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

I also harbor the illusion that I would be the next wand-maker to succeed Ollivander in the HP universe.  The wizarding world doesn't seem to have much need or use for architects (case in point, the Weasley house).  ;)

I would totally be the successor to the wizard who preached at Dumbledore's Funeral and the Weasley-Delacour wedding.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I have a theory that all wands are innately loyal to their maker, and that they only choose a first-allegiance when it's time to pair with a young wizard.  Of course, that means Ollivander was potentially the most powerful wizard in the world.  But only the most humble wizard could become a wand-maker.

It just fits.  :)

Well Ollivander was powerful enough that Voldermort kidnapped him so I think no one was under any illusions that he wasn't super mega powerful.  I'd definitely read a story about his life.

3 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Agree 100%

Sorry about the stressful day, Rax. Happy Friday though! Yay, weekend :D!

They are pretty dogs. And they are GINORMOUS! My dream dog is a Rhodesian Ridgeback but I would love a big ol Wolfhound ;) 

Related image

Wolf

Thank you!! Much better now that it's Friday night yayyyy.

They're so  big that's why I love them so much!! Omigosh Rhodesian Ridgebacks are so cute :)

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Interesting that I got the "heart" house in Hogwarts and the "Mind" house in Ilvermorny. 

I would totally be the successor to the wizard who preached at Dumbledore's Funeral and the Weasley-Delacour wedding.

AHHHH CAN WE PLEASE JUST ALL MOVE TO THE WIZARDING WORLD SO TANK CAN BE THE NEW WIZARDLY CHAPLAIN AND DFG CAN BE A WAND MAKER?!

Not sure what I'd be.  I have to do a think on that one.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Raxie said:

AHHHH CAN WE PLEASE JUST ALL MOVE TO THE WIZARDING WORLD SO TANK CAN BE THE NEW WIZARDLY CHAPLAIN AND DFG CAN BE A WAND MAKER?!

I've always fancied that where others can simply banish dementors with their patronuses I would have some way to kill dementors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Re: GMB, I'm not actually a huge fan of the focused flexibility program. I think @Elastigirl and @zenLara both liked it and saw some results out of it though. 

Was there something in this thread about FF? Must be lost among everyone figuring out what house they belong to.:smile-new:

Yes, I like FF, I found it pretty effective. I mean, I still hope to be Elastigirl in real life, and that hasn't happened yet, but I have seen slow progress. None of the programs that I have done have produced big changes though.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 1:58 PM, Raxie said:

I want to start working on my flexibility more.  I do ROMWOD every day, I absolutely love it and that definitely increases my range of motion but I find help more with trigger points and general tightness, which is great and the point of the program.  But I haven't felt my actual (warmed up) flexibility is changing much and I want that.  I'm already more flexible that the average person (I can touch my nose to my knees, I can go into a pretty deep lunge, etc) but as a true ranger I WANT MOAR. I'm kind of debating checking out GMB's focused flexibility program? It's not their full suite but I guess a sub-program of that so it's not a huge commitment and I know a lot of people here have really liked their elements program.  I just don't want to get it and it end up being a collecting underwear thing. I wish they had like a trial or something. Has anyone done their focused flexibility plus program before? If so, any thoughts would be awesome.

11 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Was there something in this thread about FF? Must be lost among everyone figuring out what house they belong to.:smile-new:

Yes, I like FF, I found it pretty effective. I mean, I still hope to be Elastigirl in real life, and that hasn't happened yet, but I have seen slow progress. None of the programs that I have done have produced big changes though.

I had to go back and double check to make sure I wasn't making things up. :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Thanks , I couldn't find it

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

want to start working on my flexibility more.  I do ROMWOD every day, I absolutely love it and that definitely increases my range of motion but I find help more with trigger points and general tightness, which is great and the point of the program.  But I haven't felt my actual (warmed up) flexibility is changing much and I want that.  I'm already more flexible that the average person (I can touch my nose to my knees, I can go into a pretty deep lunge, etc) but as a true ranger I WANT MOAR. I'm kind of debating checking out GMB's focused flexibility program? It's not their full suite but I guess a sub-program of that so it's not a huge commitment and I know a lot of people here have really liked their elements program.  I just don't want to get it and it end up being a collecting underwear thing. I wish they had like a trial or something. Has anyone done their focused flexibility plus program before? If so, any thoughts would be awesome.

The thing I like about the program is you do an assessment before you start, and then you pick a couple of areas , and work on that for a couple of weeks and then re-test. Then you get a bigger pictures ,and you can focus (thus the name:smug:) on certain area. They also have routines you can do, say for shoulder work , or tight hips . I also like the instructional videos, they give lots of really detailed, helpful advice.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Re: GMB, I'm not actually a huge fan of the focused flexibility program. I think @Elastigirl and @zenLara both liked it and saw some results out of it though. 

Unfortunately, I did not have much results with it, at least not in terms of improving my flexibility. Totally my fault, since I wasn't consistent. I found it hard to stick to it, I don't really know why.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've always fancied that where others can simply banish dementors with their patronuses I would have some way to kill dementors.

That would be so cool. A super chaplain powered patronus!

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Hmm noted. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Elastigirl said:

I feel like flexibility is really hard to improve, especially the older you get, which is where I'm struggling because when I was younger I could just stretch a couple of times and get my split back after not stretching for a year.  Not so much any more.  So I know big magic changes are not in the cards but really anything to give me some sort of structure or programming to my stretching routine is what I need/want.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Haha thanks for paying attention! I figured that was going to get lost to the internet ether :D

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

Thanks , I couldn't find it

The thing I like about the program is you do an assessment before you start, and then you pick a couple of areas , and work on that for a couple of weeks and then re-test. Then you get a bigger pictures ,and you can focus (thus the name:smug:) on certain area. They also have routines you can do, say for shoulder work , or tight hips . I also like the instructional videos, they give lots of really detailed, helpful advice.  

I'm intrigued by the routines aspect. I saw that it has a money back policy if I don't like it which I have no qualms in taking programs up on so I might give it a shot.

20 hours ago, zenLara said:

Unfortunately, I did not have much results with it, at least not in terms of improving my flexibility. Totally my fault, since I wasn't consistent. I found it hard to stick to it, I don't really know why.

I would probably just do it right after my lifting sessions so I wouldn't have any excuse to skip it.  I find when I tried to add in mobility stuff elsewhere in my routine on its own (like before bed or something) I tend to skip it, so I can understand not being consistent.  Thanks for the input!!

• Like 4

3.T

anigif_sub-buzz-29087-1479469933-2.gif

Last week was another success, though I did end up lifting only twice (M & R).  I couldn't fit it in on Saturday (I had 2 dance classes, and then literally ran to volunteer at a pride booth where I stayed until 9PM), and then since I ended up staying out until 4:30AM Saturday night I just could not bring myself to lift on Sunday.  I wasn't hungover (shockingly) but just utterly exhausted and last time I lifted when I was that tired I hurt myself so I just decided to let it be a two times lifting week and call it a wash.  I cleaned all the things though which is good.  And I had my lesson on Monday so I more or less hit all my challenge goals. 

In other news I decided to totally nix my bullet journal because it's been causing me stress lately and that's really not the point of it and instead I am now using it to record all the activity I do every day.  From lifting, to meditating, to dance, and how each things feels in terms of tightness with ROMWOD, or RPEs in lifts, and what I worked on/struggled with in dance, etc.  So far I am LOVING it and it's really keeping me motivated to have this little activity journal. It's also made me want to do Unbreakable Feet more for some reason.  It's weird how motivation works.

On the dance front, in jive on Saturday we did this super spinny move (patty cakes for anyone interested) that I just completely sucked at - I don't mean that in a self deprecating way I am totally cool with sucking at things because it gives me stuff to work on - but really I was awful to the point that I was getting a little frustrated with myself hahah.  I just am so off balance with repetitive turns I REALLY need to work on my spotting and keeping my weight forward. Things I have noted in my journal! Sunday we did some cool new fun stuff for our tango routine with some mini lift type things and a more challenging ending pose (vs the dips we almost always do).  I am a bit nervous because our team is performing it in 2 weeks and I feel like we are not clean at all, but it is what it is.  I'm sure we'll pull it together.  Or we won't and it'll be fun anyway. ::shrug::. I'm debating joining the latin performance team for the next round of performances (which will be in December) even though I kind of swore it off since I don't like rumba but I'll never get better at it if I don't do it more, right? And I'm just kind of hungry for all the dance all the time.

I'm super enjoying lifting lately, more than I was before this challenge started actually.  I am really starting to feel some strength gains.  OHPs felt heavy as heck yesterday but I didn't fail any - usually when they feel that difficult in the early sets (like the second rep of the second set) I know I'm going to fail in the fourth or fifth set but I DIDN'T!! Form was mega questionable and RPE was definitely at max for the last rep of each of the last 2 sets but I freakin' did ittttt. I felt like a boss. I also grunted a little. Good thing I don't work out in a Planet Fitness haha.

I decided to pull the trigger on the GMB Focused Flexibility, mostly because they have a money back policy if I don't like it so it's not really a high risk.  I will report back.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Patty cakes!!!!!! Love those, haven't had them in a routine in forever! (also, I stink at them, but love the psycho amount of kicking leads get to do in them).

This made me legit laugh out loud at the "psycho amount of kicking" comment lmao. Idk why it struck a chord with me so hard - I'm glad it's not just the followers that feel like the whole move is kind of wild.  My abs were definitely complaining the next day about the rapid succession of turns in opposing directions I can tell you that much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying lifting!

Thanks! I feel like I have never not enjoyed it but I haven't really looked forward to a lifting workout like I used to when I first started out for the majority of 2018, I've just kind of been trudging through it - it's a nice change.

• Like 1

3.W

giphy.gif

^did this crossover moment really happen in lego HP? maybe I need to play these games

I'm feeling a little stiff today because I overslept and didn't do ROMWOD this morning.  I'll have to do it before bed tonight instead.  I'm probably going to skip cleaning tonight because I have lifting, dance lessons, and now also ROMWOD somehow squeezed into only a few hours so I'll have to do today's task on Sunday (there are no weekend tasks so I won't be doubling up). 

I'll probably go into this more in my challenge wrap up but I think I am going to switch around my cleaning goals next challenge.  Now that I finally have a clean base by all my decluttering last challenge and have been able to experience Fly Lady the way it was intended (as maintenance) I don't think I like doing the daily cleaning stuff.  Putting out hot spots I need to put back into my daily routine (it's not right now), but actual cleaning I might leave to one big cleaning session on weekends.  It sounds nice to do it in 10 minute segments throughout the week but I think it's not really working for me.  I'm getting it done, but unless something changes I'm 99.99% sure the next challenge I'm going to revamp this completely. Really solidifying my cleaning routine has kind of been my theme the last few challenges so this is a good thing.

Last night I had 2 dance classes - Latin Jazz and Rumba.  We did cha cha in latin jazz and it was super fun. It was a different teacher than usual and I got some different cues that I think helped a lot with my execution, at least things felt different for me I don't know if it looked any different. Rumba was hard, as usual, but I love a challenge so I'm actually growing to like it.

I'll be trying out GMB's focused flexibility tonight.  They have two different paths you can take, one where you do a self evaluation to determine the areas you need to work on and one where they have pre-set routines for if you already kind of know what you want to work on/need something easily programmable into your life. I think I'm going to use their routines and not do the evaluation stuff just yet since I know what area I want to focus on. I like that they have you activate muscles to make sure you're strong through your range of motion that you're developing.  Unsure if me just doing this one routine is worth the money though so the jury's still out on whether I'm going to keep it or not.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, Raxie said:

just utterly exhausted

Oh gosh, the amount of times I have been in this place.  I think you made the right call.    It's like, how can you ask a cormorant to fly again when his wings are still wet from his last dive?    ... or something like that anyway.    I always struggle in that I opt to wait, promise to shift it to another day, and the other day's things get in the way.   I need to manage the juggle shift better.

On 8/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, Raxie said:

instead I am now using it to record all the activity I do every day. 

This is so cool!  I find that I go through phases with my BuJo also, and this is such a neat way to make use of it, but lose the stress.  Even better that it's acting as a source of motivation! 

Rock on!

53 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Oh gosh, the amount of times I have been in this place.  I think you made the right call.    It's like, how can you ask a cormorant to fly again when his wings are still wet from his last dive?    ... or something like that anyway.    I always struggle in that I opt to wait, promise to shift it to another day, and the other day's things get in the way.   I need to manage the juggle shift better.

Sameeee - I feel like I need to admit to myself that 83% of the time I move to another day I end up just not doing it.  Maybe I should start treating things I miss as missed up front instead of trying to reschedule it.  It may make me more motivated to do it up front and then if I really truly can't it won't mess with my schedule later in the week? Hmmm.

53 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

This is so cool!  I find that I go through phases with my BuJo also, and this is such a neat way to make use of it, but lose the stress.  Even better that it's acting as a source of motivation! 

Rock on!

I'm really loving having a place for all my progress notes - I've tried doing it on Google Fit but there really is nothing like a solid written record.

• Like 2