• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EricMN

EricMN Takes a Hard Look in the Mirror

On 9/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, Xena said:

Sad but beautiful post Eric. Let us know if we can help. You might want to talk about it. You might not. We're here either way.

I just want to second what Xena said.  I'm feeling similarly these days and I'm making new plans/goals to survive>recover>thrive!  

Sorry about the tough weeks. I want to remind you that you are however not weak. You have not only competed, but placed  competively high enough in OCR to qualify for the finals races (sorry can't remember the name of the race)  Look back at where you started, and see how far you've come. Not only that, but look at those you've inspired. It's so easy to look at where we want to be, we forget to look back and see how far we've come.

But, the older is a reality. Recovery does take longer than a 20 year old's. When I start feeling like that  I step back and assess what  I can do to help. My big things that I need to step up when that hits is more water, more sleep, more food (if I go to long in a calorie deficit I either have to slow down or eat more food) and more walking

Hi Eric, I hope this week is better to you.  Can you remember why you fell in love with OCRs in the first place?  Is it something that will let you enjoy running them, whenever you do, even if you don't hit performance goals this year?