Ivysley starts anew

Amandaba

Ivysley  starts anew

Hello all, it's been awhile since I participated in a 4 week challenge, and I realize I'm a week late to the party. I'm usually more of an adventurer (I love travel and hiking), however, my current fitness practice is more aimed toward the Monks  (I believe, if I'm incorrect please tell me where I should belong!)

A new ilovekickboxing gym opened in the city near me and while there is no sparring it is more than kicking and punching the air. I ended up winning a YEAR membership to it, which is awesome. I've gone 4 times since it opened the middle of July and have so much fun. The instructors are so encouraging. Who knew "nice power!" felt so good to hear! I was going twice per week with plans to increase to three-four times per week then left town for vacation and was sick for a week after returning home (I"m blaming my friends kids) so now I need to get my momentum back from a two week hiatus.

The warm up is tough, the orientation class I ended up missing half the class because I had to keep stopping and spent a good portion of the class laying on the bathroom floor (it was coolest there) as I was close to seeing spots. Since then I've learned to pace myself during the warm-up and can make it through class with only short pauses. I end up soaking wet with sweat by the end of class and feel like a total bad@$$. Who knew roundhouse kicks were so much fun?

I also need to get my nutrition back on track, I fell back into eating out most of the time. Though before vacation I was starting to make better decisions.

My goals this challenge are:

1) Attend ilovekickboxing classes minimum twice per week.

2) No Fast Food (exceptions Subway, The Compadres)

3) Pack breakfast and lunch for work 2 out of 4 days each week

4) Complete baby quilt for nephew.

If I complete a minimum of 75% goals I will reward myself with a new pair of boxing gloves. I currently have the free ones that came with the trial membership. I purchased hand wraps after the first class I did that I didn't have to stop to sit down for.

If I can remember how to upload photos I'll post tomato face pics to help keep me accountable.

• Like 1

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Welcome!

On 8/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, Ivysley said:

I'm usually more of an adventurer (I love travel and hiking), however, my current fitness practice is more aimed toward the Monks  (I believe, if I'm incorrect please tell me where I should belong!) 

Our philosophy that if you want to be here, you belong here. Whether or not you're doing a martial art of some kind, so don't sweat it. :)

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I too recently started kickboxing, of the Thai variety.  It is such a fun workout!  Looking forward to hearing about your progress on this challenge.

Formerly "Silkie" the Level 3 Ranger - now respawning as "Arcanis" the Monk ...

First Challenge   Holiday Mini-Challenge   Second Challenge  Third Challenge (Incomplete) Fourth Challenge (Incomplete)

Post-Respawn:  Fifth Challenge

On 8/17/2018 at 6:16 PM, Ivysley said:

I'm usually more of an adventurer (I love travel and hiking), however, my current fitness practice is more aimed toward the Monks  (I believe, if I'm incorrect please tell me where I should belong!)

I haven't done martial arts in almost a year now and they let me still stick around! They are a very welcoming group and if you feel like you should be here then be here. There are those who bounce around, and there are those who find a group and stay with them no matter what they're focusing on. Just depends on what works best for you. 

how are things going with you?

• Like 1

Try not, do or do not- Yoda