Nervous N00b, Reporting for Inspection!

Good even, good adventurers! I'm not really sure how to go about this, so I thought I would just say well met!

I'm Kharissandra (hard 'K' for those of you sounding it out in your heads; I'm also good with Khari, also spelled Carrie or Karri or what have you). I'm recently out of university and struggling to find that healthy balance point between exercise, eating habits, sleep (a myth...right?), and frantically job-hunting. (It's like boar hunting, but with less blood and more tears. At least...on a good day.) Discovered that I'm less prone to bouts of deep and maddening gloom when I'm running, as it reminds me that I can make my body do stuff it hates for a LONG time; and then I discovered bodyweight exercises make me downright smiley. (Shudder). Problem: there is definitely some kind of possessive fae that lives inside me and loves sugar. Like...we might have to starve it out, but it's really determined to stick around a while. However, I am stubbornly calling myself Paleo-ish anyway, in hopes that it'll give up and haunt someone else. Incidentally, I am an aspiring sword-fighter, an avid cook and occasional crafty person, and an insatiable dancer. (I'm also definitely here for the story/character aspects of things, in case that wasn't clear, so feel free to play along as much as you wish :D) I don't as yet have much to bring to the table, per say, except a generally cheerful disposition and encouragement that awesome Paleo recipes are a real and multitudinous thing. Well met!

• Like 2

Here's to the job hunters around the world : may your quest be full of interesting people and worth every bit of sweat and anxiety you're putting into it (I'm recently out of it myself and it was it all : tears of both despair and joy) .

As an aside, I guess it's field dependent but I figure jobs are more like mushrooms than boars : you find one (usually a tiny, awfully looking one that you take because, hey, maybe it's toxic but it's still food, right ?) and then you see there's three or four around it for you to start being picky (it still requires a lot of work but it's amazing the amount of doors that won't open 'till you get that "I already have a job" award).

And if you find that elusive balance praised in the tales of yore, do let me know. I doubt it'll ever stop eluding me but I'll drink a toast to your feat.

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.