New Member Looking For Tips To Lose Belly Fat

Hi all my name is Sassy and im new to this forum so go easy on me lol..

In the last few months i kind have let myself go a little..I started to gain some belly fat..Im not sure if its to do with my diet or lack of exercise..

The thing is i have a wedding coming up in September im invited to so im just wondering is it possible to get rid of the fat before then and how? I have tryed reading up on stuff and searching the web 

Which gives good tips..Just wondering is there anyone who can tell me how to shed a few pounds before this wedding in September.

Regards 

Sasay 

Hey Sassy! 

I'm New to the forum as well! I was a D1 Athlete in college and did a lot of core work for my sport so I may be able to help a bit!

I know what you mean when you say you have a wedding coming up, I have one in the beginning of October! 

Bottom line is that you will feel a lot better and your body will thank you if you just eat clean and healthy until then.... I know boring and not always that motivational.  I believe that diet is 80% of the results. 

Steve actually wrote an article on this EXACT subject!  Here is the link! 
https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/can-you-actually-banish-belly-fat/

There are so many random articles over the years on NF that sometimes just googling "nerd fitness" and your topic will result in an article.

"I can do this all day!" - Captain America

"You're much stronger than you think you are" - Superman

"I am Groot" - Groot.... I feel like this one really says it all

Never forget the "P" in PR stands for personal.  Encourage other people's accomplishments.

Previous challenges: 1st , 2nd  , 3rd  , 4th

Oh.. and two key things to take out of the article "you can't spot reduce fat" .. meaning.. you can't say I just want to lose it on my belly.  And diet matters most.

I will say though that strengthening your whole core (abs, back, etc.) will help you in appearing to have target reduced fat a bit.  As your muscles get stronger you will be able to see them better through your skin and fat.  But really getting down to the lean muscle requires good diet more than anything.  If you already have the good diet and a flattish stomach but can't see that awesome 6-pack.  Then definitely hit the workouts.  You probably need to build up the muscle a bit.

"I can do this all day!" - Captain America

"You're much stronger than you think you are" - Superman

"I am Groot" - Groot.... I feel like this one really says it all

Never forget the "P" in PR stands for personal.  Encourage other people's accomplishments.

Previous challenges: 1st , 2nd  , 3rd  , 4th