• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sbacon82

L-Sit struggle

Just curious here...I can’t get my legs straight or parallel to the ground. Straight. I feel may be a flexibility issue. Parallel, though...what exercises can I supplement with to start improving that?  Or is it just L-sits until I am blue in the face?

for the record, I am doing them on parallettes. 

You can start out by doing tucks  Work on really pushing down with your arms and sitting up straight. Then move to the L-sit. If you start out with your legs bent that is fine, but make sure you are sitting up straight. 

Supplemental exercises  the standing leg exercise , like in this video. Except go WAY slower then he does, and hold at the top for about 10 seconds.  Make sure you stand straight and don't lean back.

Stretches; the forward fold will help

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the reply!  I will feel better about them when I get my legs horizontal!  I am combining calisthenics and power lifting. I know it will be a long road but in then end aesthetics, power and movement are the goals. 

I am am glad I have this community to help along the way!

• Like 1

You can also practice your L-sit in a hang from a pull-up bar. Progressions are similar: tuck, extended tuck, 1 leg bent 1 leg straight, both straight and working both static holds and reps.

Pike compression drills sitting on the floor can also help. Enjoy :P

11 hours ago, sbacon82 said:

Thank you so much for the reply!  I will feel better about them when I get my legs horizontal!  I am combining calisthenics and power lifting. I know it will be a long road but in then end aesthetics, power and movement are the goals. 

I am am glad I have this community to help along the way!

You're welcome. Another note to add to that video,  not only do it slower, but the idea is to lift your leg as close to horizontal as you can, without leaning back. The idea is to sort of mimic a standing one leg L-sit.