• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Psicodom

How fit you have to be to complete a tough muddier / spartan race

I’m thinking of signing up for a race such as those in 4 months, it’s 5k with 10-15 obstacles, to act  as a final motivation push this year.

how fit do you think you need to be to complete one?

currently I can run for about 25 min straight, and Improving. I also do some weights and functional exercises, can do dips but have not managed an clean pull up yet.

You can totally do it!

I've said this a ton other places. With reasonable expectations, anyone can be successful in a 5K OCR. Depending on the race, you probably won't complete every obstacle. But what you will find is that there are a lot more that you'll be able to do than you think! 

• Like 1

This is also my goal the next time the big OCRs roll around to my area.  I decided I should look them up and put them on my calendar now.  Found that Spartan Race has all sorts of training resources, that can probably help you assess your readiness and get ready.  Checkout the official site.

• Like 1

Check out the Warrior Dash.  It is meant to be one that anyone can complete.  I'm starting there because the others intimidate me still.  I'm not ready for American Ninja Warrior style obstacles yet!