Stuck in the mud Or am I?

Hi

I'm curious.

What do you do to get out of a funk?  

When I say funk, I mean a long term funk?  

I haven't had the "Umph" to do any challenges lately, I keep track of my 3 main things (Home, Work, and Ju Jitsu/Life) 

But lately, I haven't had to umph to go to class, set goals, my diet is kind of slipping, and I really.... Don't care.

I'm happy, I don't feel like shit, I've got a couple of lbs, but to be honest, I feel like I SHOULD be doing something.....  Should I?

Anyway, is there something wrong with just living life when you feel fulfilled?

Or am I feeling bad because i'm slipping off my band wagon.... ?

Nothing seems to be inspiring me.  What is inspiring me isn't having to do with diet or working out, and it's just weird...  I've always focused on it.  Lately... I just haven't cared!  But I don't want to happen is falling way off the band wagon, gaining too much weight, and feeling like shit! So I feel like  I need to set boundaries with myself....  But with the way I'm feeling, I just... Don't... care... 

BUT I WANT TO CARE!!! I think....

Anyways!  What are your thoughts?  What gets you out of a funk?

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

I'm certainly in no way qualified to make a diagnosis but some of the things your saying sound a lot like some of the effects of mild clinical depression. Have you considered speaking to a therapist? I see a psychologist weekly and she has really helped me find joy in my life again. I've been fighting depression for years and once you can see the light again, lifer is pretty cool!

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

So when you say you don'[t care, you mean you feel like you are happy enough where you are, or that you just aren't caring about anything? not caring about anything, and an overall sadness sounds like depression. Feeling like, hey I'm  happy enough where I'm at, and am fine just coasting, yeah I've been there. I felt like with every challenge I had to up the level, and then I think I just rebelled against myself. Taking some time and just letting myself coast on the habits I've made has been good for me. Maybe right now you have other things you want to focus on, and allowing yourself to do that may be the freedom you need

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 8/27/2018 at 12:18 PM, Elastigirl said:

So when you say you don'[t care, you mean you feel like you are happy enough where you are, or that you just aren't caring about anything? not caring about anything, and an overall sadness sounds like depression. Feeling like, hey I'm  happy enough where I'm at, and am fine just coasting, yeah I've been there. I felt like with every challenge I had to up the level, and then I think I just rebelled against myself. Taking some time and just letting myself coast on the habits I've made has been good for me. Maybe right now you have other things you want to focus on, and allowing yourself to do that may be the freedom you need

Yes! This is what I meant!

BUT I feel like I “should” and sometime stress about it! I guess I am fearful I may fall to off. But I love the way you put “coast with my habits”

I love that. And that’s what I’m doing!

On 8/23/2018 at 8:02 AM, Dilnad said:

I'm certainly in no way qualified to make a diagnosis but some of the things your saying sound a lot like some of the effects of mild clinical depression. Have you considered speaking to a therapist? I see a psychologist weekly and she has really helped me find joy in my life again. I've been fighting depression for years and once you can see the light again, lifer is pretty cool!

That is so sweet of you to be concerned and after re-reading my stuff it does sound like a possibility ! 

Its very possible and if it is the case, it’s not chronic, I am at the point in my life that I can get through it. I have support, a better diet, and activity.  It doesn’t get better then that.

• Like 2

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

30 minutes ago, Butternut said:

Yes! This is what I meant!

BUT I feel like I “should” and sometime stress about it! I guess I am fearful I may fall to off. But I love the way you put “coast with my habits”

I love that. And that’s what I’m doing!

I can relate to that feeling. I'm  right there too and learning that I can be content sometimes with just coasting with my habits. I guess it's like autocruise when you are driving. You are still going forward, it's just more relaxed and you can enjoy the scenery a bit as you travel.:smug:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27