Martinpanduh's 100% Paleo and Fitness challenge!

DAY 12!

No workout today, busy day at work! On my feet the whole day. Will try to scrounge something up tomorrow.

Breakfast: Scrambled egg and bacon.

Lunch: Big salad, chicken wings and some so

Afternoon snack: 2 slices of ripe mango.

Dinner: Korean BBQ calorie death but 100% Paleo!

All for now!

DAY 13 didn't manage to go to the gym today, no time! But opted for a quick outdoor run!

It's really a world of difference, running on a treadmill and outdoors (read: HILLS). Mapped out a quick route around my neighborhood and clocked it in at 24:35. Will try the same route another day to see if I can minimize the time. It'll be a good test. Pretty tiring overall. Looking forward tomorrow so I can put in some much need gym time!

No breakfast today because, ehem, I woke up at 11:30pm. If that's not IF, I don't know what is haha.

Lunch: Two pieces of roast beef + gravy, stir-fried vegetables.

Afternoon snack: half a glass of corn + ice + milk + a bit of sugar. Local dessert called mais con hielo

Dinner: Japanese! Kani salad with half the dressing + chicken teppanyaki and stir-fried vegetables.

Late night snack: half a cup of stewed beans.

Pretty much it. Hope to get in a good workout tomorrow! Gearing up for my Singapore business trip from Wednesday to Sunday, I'll bring shoes and I'll try to get a good run in!

See ya!

DAY 14

Breakfast: hardboiled egg + a slice of pork

Mid morning snack: 2 hardboiled eggs + a slice of prok

Lunch: Big salad, chicken leg, soup, chorizos

Afternoon snack: a few pieces of candied nuts

Dinner: beef stew

Had a calorie fest for dinner. Ugh, need more willpower to eat slower as not to over eat! At any rate, heavy day today!

5x5 285lbs + bar Squat. Did this barefoot since my new shoes had unexpected "foam-age" under the sole. IRRITATING but shucking them off proved effective. Pretty hard but managed it.

2x5 100lbs + bar Chest Press. Warm up.

3x5 150lbs + bar Chest Press. Pretty okay, the 3 sets only thing is a huge motivator.

Didn't have time to put in some cardio because I had to get my hair did right after.

So after that 3 day bender of no-gym time (except for the run yesterday), I weighed in and I'm at a good place of 217lbs thereabouts. Sub-220 that's for sure and I'm happy, it could be better (tons better) but I'm really glad I've kept up the no liquid calories thing and I feel like it's adding up.

Tomorrow I'll try to put in a cardio/light workout day but the real challenge this week is that I'm heading off to Singapore until Sunday. I already double checked and turns out our hotel doesn't have a gym--but there's a park right next to it! Who bets I can fit in some runs during my stay?

We'll see! Could be amazing.

Dinner: Korean BBQ calorie death but 100% Paleo!

WANT. yum.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

DAY 16 or otherwise known as the day I succumbed to CHICKEN RICE. Checking in from Singapore! Spent the most part of the day completely Paleo but then lunch came around and I was put face to face with Singapore's national dish: Hainanese chicken rice and I just couldn't say no!

I'm really the type to live life to the fullest so I'm giving myself a free pass here for now! But that doesn't mean I won't try to put in some exercise. Here's to me waking up early enough tomorrow to go for a quick run around Fort Canning near out Hotel!

Lunch: Hainanese steam chicken, steamed vegetables, soup AND CHICKEN RICE!

Afternoon snack: a glass of lemon tea.

Dinner: Xiao long bao (Chinese dimsum with soup inside), vegetables and various soup.

Dessert: TGW Tea and CAKE!

Ugh, totally dropped the ball here but like I said, it's for the good of my sanity! I'm in Singapore! Got to live life to the fullest!

Cheers! Looking forward to running tomorrow!

DAY 16 or otherwise known as the day I succumbed to CHICKEN RICE. Checking in from Singapore! Spent the most part of the day completely Paleo but then lunch came around and I was put face to face with Singapore's national dish: Hainanese chicken rice and I just couldn't say no!

I'm really the type to live life to the fullest so I'm giving myself a free pass here for now! But that doesn't mean I won't try to put in some exercise. Here's to me waking up early enough tomorrow to go for a quick run around Fort Canning near out Hotel!

Lunch: Hainanese steam chicken, steamed vegetables, soup AND CHICKEN RICE!

Afternoon snack: a glass of lemon tea.

Dinner: Xiao long bao (Chinese dimsum with soup inside), vegetables and various soup.

Dessert: TGW Tea and CAKE!

Ugh, totally dropped the ball here but like I said, it's for the good of my sanity! I'm in Singapore! Got to live life to the fullest!

Cheers! Looking forward to running tomorrow!

Good job, dude! Honestly, rice isn't that terrible. It's pretty much the only non-paleo food I eat regularly. Hehe.

Anyway, keep going. Doing great! :)

DAY 17 didn't manage to exercise today due to rain, but I was on my feet the whole day manning our booth at this trade fair. Nutrition suffered but you do what you can.

Lunch: Bibimbap. This Korean rice dish.

Dinner: Indian food: Chicken Curry, chickpea soup and then some roti.

Wow I only ate twice today, but a lot of carbs in there and odd lemon teas here and there. Not as good as I had planned! Thanks for checking up on me guys!

DAY 18

Lunch: Hainanese chicken rice, steamed vegetables and soup

Afternoon snack: Chinese dumplings!

Dinner: Chiken tandoori, cottage cheese tandoori, kofta curry and roti!

No workout again! Little time! But diet was okay, some carbs here and there but eh! I'll just recoup when I get back to Manila on Monday!

agree with Loren. I think the rice on occasion is oK. especially if it is in Singapore. :)

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

DAY 19

Lunch: Chinese dimsum and mixed rice.

Afternoon snack: Mushroom quiche.

Dinner: Raspberry vinaigrette salad, chicken wings, squid, bone marrow on toast + the best effing pizza on Earth via Mozza at Marina Bay Sands!

Great food once again today! Promise, I will recoup come Manila.

Dude looks like you are doing well, I know how it feels, one of my main goals for this is sticking Paleo too! Keep it up Ranger!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

STR-12 DEX- 8 STA- 16 CON- 9 WIS- 14 CHA- 7'We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass'Find me on Twitter

Swim Coach at City of Southampton Swimming Club, CF coach at CrossFit Solent

DAY 20

Terrible showing on my last day at Singapore diet-wise, but it's okay--now I'm back in Manila and I'm looking to get back into business, headfirst!

Lunch: Two kinds of dumplings.

Afternoon snack: Dumplings yet again and Taosi spareribs, Chinese style.

Dinner: A croissant

After Dinner:Chicken stew CALORIE FEST.

Will look to do a heavy workout tonight! I'll update you guys! Singapore was awesome though!

DAY 21

Damn. Not enough time yesterday as I had to stay on after work to catch up from my Singapore trip, but diet was okay.

Breakfast: hardboiled egg

Mid morning snack: 2 hardboiled eggs

Lunch: Vegetables stewed in coconut, chorizo and fried milk fish

Afternoon snack: Cashews and a steamed plantain

Dinner: Dumpling soup

A workout hopefully tonight! Time, please be kind.

DAY 22 and I am back on the horse! Wahoo!

Good new first, I was able to make time for the gym today and I weighed myself on the scale. Kind of like my rough rubric on where I am on most days, lo and behold: I'm still below 220! Hovering around 217lbs. Great news, holding back on the liquid calories and excessive junk food in Singapore (even without exercise) held the poundage back. For that, I am ecstatic.

Breakfast: hardboiled egg and homemade hamburger patty

Mid morning snack: hardboiled egg and homemade hamburger patty

Lunch: A meat ball sandwich minus most of the bread (ARGH)

Afternoon snack: A cob of corn and a cup of raw turnip

Dinner: Three pieces of chicken drumstick, spaghetti sauce, 2 dimsum dumplings and steamed vegetables.

Pretty much failed for Lunch and Dinner. Sigh. Anyway, slight Heavy day today! Figured I should ease myself in after missing a workout for 6 days. Trying to get my sea legs back, if you will.

5x5 250lbs + bar Squat. 35lbs under my working weight. Was okay.

5x5 150lbs + bar Chest Press. Working weight already, one more round then up.

No deadlift, 10 minute run but that's it. Ran out of time. This is actually quite a busy week for me catching up on work. Won't be able to workout tomorrow but I'll try to sneak in some cardio!

Cheers and good luck this week!

do you cook for yourself a lot, or do you go out?

just wondering.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

do you cook for yourself a lot, or do you go out?

just wondering.

That's quite an interesting question, nightlight. And I'll answer as truthfully as I can. Even though we have a cook and helper at home (It's the third world, it's normal tbqh) I eat a lot of my meals out of the house EXCEPT for dinner, which I eat at home. But technically, I eat breakfast too from home because I have it packed to the office. Lunch and snacks are usually served by my office kitchen (I guess, another third world perk). It's practically a subsidized feast every single day. Kind of hard to keep the calories at bay when there's a lot of free food. Especially when your boss is a renowned local designer and every single Jane sends him a cake every week.

But of course, I'm done with cakes and sweets. Haven't had a single bite since this challenge started haha! At any rate, hope that answers your question. I know I know I could improve my diet, I guess we'll take this one step at a time. Next challenge, I'll definitely take more drastic measures--for now I just want to survive this challenge and reach my current goals!

DAY 23

Breakfast: hardboiled egg and homemade hamburger patty

Mid morning snack: hardboiled egg and homemade hamburger patty

Lunch: Big salad, servings of pork steak and beef stewed in tomato sauce.

Dinner: Dimsum, a chicken leg, a red egg and an orange smoothie minus the sugar.

Not bad diet wise, but lots of things to improve on. No workout either but my legs are still sore from yesterday. Hopefully I get to put a heavy workout in tomorrow! Cheers!

DAY 24 and it was good.

Breakfast: hardboiled egg

Mid morning snack: hardboiled egg

Lunch: Big salad, feta cheese, vegetables in coconut milk and pomelo slices

Afternoon snack: 2 cups of raw carrot and some green mango

Dinner: four pieces of deep fried spring roll, fish stew and an omelet.

Today was a heavy day, my first one since I got back from Singapore. It was a doozy but powered through.

3x5 285lbs + bar Squat. Was gunning for 5 but it was a miracle I even managed 3 sets, I'll take it for now.

3x5 155lbs + bar Chest Press. PR BEBE. I can already foresee me hitting 200lbs + bar and it will be glorious. A boy can dream, no?

Was supposed to run for cardio but the treadmills were full so I decided to jump rope instead. Felt pretty weak after my first 10 minute set so I just called it a day after that.

Pretty lacking workout but for "easing myself" back in type of workout, it did it's job. Will try to put in more cardio tomorrow! Cheers!

DAY 25 Did a quick cardio workout last night.

10 minutes alternating pace jump rope. Pretty challenging to keep up.

10 minutes at 10kph run on the treadmill, last two minutes at 12kph.

Breakfast: chicken breast

Mid morning snack: chicken breast

Lunch: Big salad, grilled chicken and feta cheese

Afternoon snack: two slices of ripe mango

Dinner: dumplings, smoked milk fish and hainanese chicken with ginger sauce

After Dinner Food: three pieces of salmon sashimi, three pieces fried gyoza

Went out for drinks at night but I didn't drink a single drop! 25 days of nothing but water!

DAY 26 or the day before the show! Eve of the war!

Of course, I spent the entire day fixing the specific "exits" for each model (the clothes the model walks out in, the look per se) so it was quite the busy day. Got stuck in my office till ten. Ergo, no workout.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 pieces vienna sausage

Mid morning snack: a hardboiled egg, 4 pieces vienna sausage

Lunch: Mung bean soup, fried tilapia and string beans in coconut milk

Afternoon snack: 2 cups of pomelo and a few empanadas

Dinner: two pieces of KFC (WERD) and beef stew.

Confession: I had two bites of cake, my boss was INSISTING and it was great. Not gonna lie HAHAHA but yeah, no big.

DAY 27

Great life day for me but terrible in terms of diet. Literally, all hell broke loose on the Paleo front. I was at the show hall all day, making sure that every single thing fit all the models correctly. Had about 8 celebrities to dress, 20 models and 30 dancers to outfit. That's a heck of a lot, but thankfully there was only one outfit per model for the entire show so it was manageable.

In terms of diet though, I couldn't stop for a single break the entire time and I just had to eat what was given to me. Dun dun dun. But I still maintained my water or nothing challenge, props for that!

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 7 pieces vienna sausage

MidMorning snack: Two small creampuffs and a cookie

Lunch: Cheese burger and some fries. DEATH.

Dinner:bites of gourmet mac and cheese, some potato chips and a pizza casserole.

Anyway, at least we had a 110% successful show! Will try to get back on the horse tonight! Keep you posted!

DAY 28 we're nearing the end of the challenge and I honestly don't know where to put myself. But at least I've had some goals kept in check, and today--I got back on the horse! Which is what counts.

Heavy workout today!

5x5 285lbs + bar Squat. PRETTY terrible but managed through it. I promise to myself, once I hit 300lbs, I will succumb to the 3x5 ratio as I do with my chest exercises.

2x5 110lbs + bar Chest Press warm up.

3x5 155lbs + bar Chest Press. Pretty difficult but the 3 sets make it all the more manageable.

Ran for 10 minutes at 10kph and the last 5 minutes at 12kph, total of 15 minutes. 10 minutes less than my usual 25 minute run but it's a start.

Ran out of time for deadlifts but alas. As for the nutrition:

Breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs, a cup of steamed chicken

Lunch: Big salad, assorted meats. Just right.

Afternoon snack: 2 slices of ripe mango and a lot of honeyed nuts. Bad!

Dinner: Pork stew and a small fried fish.

Made great headway all in all. Could've had less calories but I'll take it.

DAY 29 Good day!

Managed to reclaim my running stamina back after a week and a half of 0 running. It's always a challenge to get back on the horse but now I can, I'm safely back on it.

Ran for 27 minutes at 10kph and the last three at 12kph. Pretty spent afterwards. Did a light workout after.

5x5 70lbs + bar Overhead Press. Super light but just warming myself up for actual working weights this week.

5x5 100lbs + bar BentOver Row. Same

5x5 60lbs + bar Bicep Curls. Same also.

Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg + beef torte

Mid morning snack: 1 hard boiled egg + beef torte

Lunch: Big salad, three pieces of beef steak, dumpling soup and some brie cheese

Afternoon snack: dried mango, SUGAR DEATH

Dinner: stir-fried vegetables with garlic and pork stewed in tomato sauce

Not bad except for the dried mango snacking. It's a ton of sugar as far as I know but it still didn't stop me. Oh well.

The good news is!!! I think I'm almost at my goal of 210lbs, if I keep up the workouts and the diet--I think I might just make it. Currently hovering below 215lbs for sure right now. I think the no liquid calories thing is definitely making a dent! Huzzah!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines