Grandkai Prepares for the Assassins

Grandkai_NL

Grandkai Prepares for the Assassins

There's only 2 weeks left of the challenge, but better late than never. And better prep now than having too much work when the next challenge starts.

First a little bit backstory:

Hi, i'm Grandkai. I'm from the Netherlands and i have spend a long time here on the forums. But i stopped doing challenges/watching the forums in January. At that time i had everything all right. I worked out, had good nutrition, stretched, ran and all that stuff. But as the months kept going i lost more and more of those things. 

I started working out less, skipped stretching, never ran again, nutrition went down a little bit. And i noticed i spent more time on my butt behind the tv/computer (which was fun for the time being) but i realized i need to do more stuff again. 

So thats my goal for upcoming challenges, right now i need to get everything clean & organized. 

Goals:

• Eat an apple everyday & drink 2 liters of water;
  • #5 Minute Flow every morning;
  • Read 30 minutes before & after bed;
  • Clean up before bed;

Minor Goals:

• Look online for a good handstand guide/program;
  • Re-schedule my calendar;

interview-preparation-3.jpg

Hope to see you guys here. And i will definitely check out you guys!!

• Like 1

Week 3, Day 1

Oke first day done. And its going oke, i made a morning routine consisting of #5 Minute Flow, 30-ish minutes reading & breakfast (takes about an hour) and it was easy to follow. I didnt read before bed because right now im doing night shifts and i was a bit lazy with cooking. I had some pans left in the sink and it took a bit long to clean them. But most of it is done so i should be able to read tomorrow.

So i'm also looking at 2 skills to learn or re-learn. And i already mentioned handstands but i also want to re-learn my German language. My brother lives in Germany and we talk German with his girlfriend (well, we...i talk in English with her). But i want to improve my German so that when i go to him i can easily talk & understand everything. Most of the time i understand what we are talking about but i never know how to react except for the very simple stuff.

I also re-scheduled the calendar on my phone/computer. It very empty right now except for sleep, work & morning routine. So i have space to decide when to learn the skills and when to workout. Tomorrow i'm going to decide a time to learn my skills so i have that set-up and ill just have to do that for every shift.

• Like 1

Have you checked out the NF handstand program? The setup and progression levels are pretty neat and really focus on all the different things that go into it - core, arms, balance, hand/wrist strength, etc. It's not free (I signed up when it was released with the rings pack, so not sure the price) but it's a solid program.

Also, welcome back.

• Thanks 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Week 3, Day 2 & Day 3

Day 2 went fine, finished "Band of Brothers" and am starting with "1984", did #5 minute flow & hit my apple/water goal. Rest of the day was spent with being lazy and sitting around waiting for the evening to come so i can work.

After work i didnt read because i was crazy tired, normally i powernap before my nightshifts but i want to get off that and sleep the same amount of hours as is the rest of the shifts. So i have been quite tired after work. If i read 1 time before i go to bed in my night shift i am happy.

Day 3, after the morning routine i spent most of the day playing Overwatch (i want to get better at the game and there are sweet skins/sprays to get). Looked a bit more at what time i want to learn the skills and figured out a time to do them.

Right now i feel im heading in the right direction. I do feel i need to start working out earlier than planned, the idea was the next challenge. But i'm actually wanting to get back into working out, i want to fill that hour in my day so i dont spend it on the couch playing video games (i LOVE video games, but i want to do more with my life). 

• Like 1
On 8/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, Manarelle said:

Have you checked out the NF handstand program? The setup and progression levels are pretty neat and really focus on all the different things that go into it - core, arms, balance, hand/wrist strength, etc. It's not free (I signed up when it was released with the rings pack, so not sure the price) but it's a solid program.

Also, welcome back.

Hey @Manarelle, long time no see.

I just checked out the NF Handstand/Ring program, it looks really nice. But the problem is: i don't have a credit card (never had the need to get one). So i guess thats a pass for that one. But i'm still looking around.

How have you been? Still going strong on the forums and challenges?

• Like 1

Interesting. I don't think my culture would survive without people demanding credit card, regardless of "need." :) Doing well, still just tweaking bits of my life with challenges, not making waves, etc. Sounds like you're off to a good start with your challenge. Remind me, is the night shift a temporary, rotational thing?

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

OOOOOH WOW

talk about being terrible again at updating here.. eeeh well the reason i didnt update anything last week was probably because i saw a nice apartment but when i went there i wasnt as impressed. It was a nice apartment but not what i was looking for. And the whole week is was thinking about the apartment if i wanted it or not. 

I went with not...and saturday & sunday i had a nice Father/Son weekend.

And i was playing A LOT of Destiny 2 Forsaken...

But lets do a review!!!

• Eat an apple everyday & drink 2 liters of water; Went oke, forgot the apple a few times but drinking was easy. 
  • #5 Minute Flow every morning; Went awesome!! Most "fitness" i have done in the last few months, missed 2-3 days.
  • Read 30 minutes before & after bed; Some days great, other days bad... 
  • Clean up before bed; Yeah didnt really work. If i had a night shift i had no time/no energy to clean before bed, going back to Pomodoro Cleaning 

Minor Goals:

• Look online for a good handstand guide/program; Looked around, figured the "Rings & Handstand" is best bang for my buck. Figured out a way to pay it without getting a real credit card. I'm gonna try using a Gift Card (that should work right??).
  • Re-schedule my calendar; Made some changes, looking good so far.

I will probably start a new challenge this week. I just need to get back into regular updating

On 8/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, Manarelle said:

Interesting. I don't think my culture would survive without people demanding credit card, regardless of "need." :) Doing well, still just tweaking bits of my life with challenges, not making waves, etc. Sounds like you're off to a good start with your challenge. Remind me, is the night shift a temporary, rotational thing?

My nightshifts a rotational. And i'm gonna try (like i mentioned above) to use gift credit cards to buy the ring & handstand program

• Like 1