Another new recruit!

Hi, my name is Mat and I just purchased the Rebel Fitness Basic Training Guide yesterday after reading several blog posts on Nerd Fitness and enjoying the novel approach of fitness/lifestyle writing that is funny, nerdy, and inspiring.

I am 28 and am a few months into a new job as a Legal Assistant. It is a great job, but more sedentary than my previous job, which involved doing data entry and lifting 30 lb boxes all day. A year or so ago I tried P90X and enjoyed the routines and sometimes corny humor, but found it very difficult to commit that much time to an exercise routine (45 min-1 hour/day). I get about a mile of walking in a day from taking the dog on walks and try to get an additional half hour of walking in on my lunch break.

I am 5'5" and weigh 140 lbs, so I am more interested in staying in shape and gaining muscle than losing weight. I just did the first routine from the Level 1 Rookie workout and found it was a nice way to ease back into a routine. A lot of the back exercises should help with my upper back and neck soreness from my job too!

Sequelcast - My podcast about movie sequels!

Totally feel you there. That number on the scale is only 1 number, there are so many others to consider.

The 140 lb number for my weight is actually an estimate--I have not weighed myself for a few months. The only scale I have is the Balance Board for the Wii and it's not the quickest thing to use! :)

Sequelcast - My podcast about movie sequels!

Hi, my name is Mat and I just purchased the Rebel Fitness Basic Training Guide yesterday after reading several blog posts on Nerd Fitness and enjoying the novel approach of fitness/lifestyle writing that is funny, nerdy, and inspiring.

I am 28 and am a few months into a new job as a Legal Assistant. It is a great job, but more sedentary than my previous job, which involved doing data entry and lifting 30 lb boxes all day. A year or so ago I tried P90X and enjoyed the routines and sometimes corny humor, but found it very difficult to commit that much time to an exercise routine (45 min-1 hour/day). I get about a mile of walking in a day from taking the dog on walks and try to get an additional half hour of walking in on my lunch break.

I am 5'5" and weigh 140 lbs, so I am more interested in staying in shape and gaining muscle than losing weight. I just did the first routine from the Level 1 Rookie workout and found it was a nice way to ease back into a routine. A lot of the back exercises should help with my upper back and neck soreness from my job too!

Welcome aboard!

Since you already have it, I'm going to suggest the P90X stretch video to help your back and neck :) I don't do P90X, but love the stretch video after sitting in a chair for 15 hours or more some days!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”