Hulkine and the final touch

Thank you both :)

I think the dark and grey and windy and rainy days also have an impact on my mood, I am a spring/summer child :D

So I'll try to make it cozier and "it's ok to do not that much in winter".

@Tobbe I think I can also start with 2hrs a day, have to talk to the therapist what he thinks about it because the therapists determine this in consultation with the patient. So we have all the freedom to adapt the working hours to my health.

• Like 1

^^This.

^^^And this.

Seems like you have a plan even when you're down, which is a good thing moving forward but shouldn't keep you from resting and rejuvenating (please put a focus on it?). For what it's worth, one of my good friend resigned from her destructive job a few months ago and has found a new place fitting her needs better pretty quickly. Hope you're finding a good balance and that your side hustle is presenting itself well (and not too stressful at all).

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

4 hours ago, Arkania said:

@Tobbe I think I can also start with 2hrs a day, have to talk to the therapist what he thinks about it because the therapists determine this in consultation with the patient. So we have all the freedom to adapt the working hours to my health.

Awesome. Flexibility is key here. Everyone is different and is going to have different needs.

• Like 1

Since the last challenge of the year is only 3 weeks it's perfect for my again-first challenge.

@Mad Hatter did a nice challenge last year in fall with the scandinavian concepts.

Today I found an article on medium with this concept and I think it's a good return "to life" for me :D

And great as a christmas/year's end challenge.

• Like 1

I wish I had time for more hygge. Especially now when it's getting closer to Christmas. My wife and I do make time for it a few nights every week. Lately we've been having a cup of glühwein 🍷  and some gingerbread cookies while watching an episode of The Heart Guy 📺  And that's great. But it's always at the expense of getting enough sleep. There has been way too many five hours of sleep nights. 😴

Anyway, looking forward to your challenge. Please post a link to it here 🔗

• Like 1

I hate Glühwein :D

Gingerbread cookies is better! We bake coco cookies yesterday, love them. But other than that we don't have much "christmas feeling" here nor much decoration.

Maybe I will visit a christmas market this year and get some childrens punch or something :D

Since I am at home at the moment my sleep has improved a lot! Before that: 3-5hrs sleep a night, now: 7-8hrs (+ naptime sometimes). Love that, it's great.

• Like 2

To be more precise, we're not drinking actual glühwein, we're drinking the Swedish Sweden version, glögg. Glühwein, mulled wine, glögg... It's the same basic idea with red wine with extra spices, lots of sugar, and that's served hot. But the specific flavor differs a little bit. And then there's the whole thing about different alcohol percentage. We have non-alcoholic glögg, but I don't like that at all. Tastes too much like just grape juice. And then there's the low-alcohol version, with 2.2% alcohol. That's the version I prefer. And then there's the one that has the same alcohol content as the actual wine, so between 10% and 14% alcohol. Not a big fan of those.

I took a survival course this summer, and there they taught us that 3-5 hours is fine, as long as you sleep some more during the day. You need 7 - 9 hours of sleep per day, but you can pretty much distribute those hours as you like. The one other thing that's important is that you get around 4 hours of continuous sleep some time during the day/night. (This is of course for healthy individuals. If you're sick, wounded, malnourished etc, you might need more.)

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I took a survival course this summer, and there they taught us that 3-5 hours is fine, as long as you sleep some more during the day. You need 7 - 9 hours of sleep per day, but you can pretty much distribute those hours as you like. The one other thing that's important is that you get around 4 hours of continuous sleep some time during the day/night. (This is of course for healthy individuals. If you're sick, wounded, malnourished etc, you might need more.)

I'm not sure that's true, at least not long term as you might miss out either on REM or NREM sleep depending on the timing of your sleep...

It's great that you're getting full night's sleep - it makes such a huge difference!

And totes with you on glühwine or any variety. 😛

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Arkania said:

Don't like anything that has to do with red wine :D

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm not sure that's true, at least not long term as you might miss out either on REM or NREM sleep depending on the timing of your sleep...

Yeah, I'm obviously no expert, but that's what they said... And a quick google tells me a complete sleep cycle is 90 minutes. So you'll get both REM and NREM sleep in those three hours...

15 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Yeah, I'm obviously no expert, but that's what they said... And a quick google tells me a complete sleep cycle is 90 minutes. So you'll get both REM and NREM sleep in those three hours...

But not in equal amounts per cycle. The ratio between them changes significantly throughout the night (and prior sleep etc), and if you say cut out the last cycle you might actually miss out on 80% on REM sleep (or something like that, I can't remember the exact details). I'm sure that they're right when it comes to survival, but for "optimal" sleep and health, I'm not so sure if it evens out over the long term.

• Like 1

Heyho :)

After @Tobbe wished me a happy birthday, I thought about coming back again and maybe doing a challenge but I think that would not work, so I give you here a quick overview of the last months :D

- I am now Nutrition COach and Fitnesstrainer. Will get my Crossfit certificate in July and work in my Crossfit box from September on.

- I have a(?) lipedema and want to have a surgery for that (the earlier the better) and have my first appointment (to talk about costs and what they will do) on 7/7 and two more end of august and end of september.

- I am at work again since start of Feb (first 2 weeks for 2 hrs, next 2 weeks for 4 hrs,....) and fully working since mid march. I still hate it but I doesn't stress me out that much anymore (thanks therapy!). My greatest wish was to be fired with severance pay and tomorrow I have a meeting with HR "regarding my future caree". Wish me luck that they do what I wish for, that would be the best thing that could happen to me right now! (But I think this is the only option left for them to do now, there are not that many other possibilities for this meeting)

- Today was my last day of therapy. I loved it. 10/10 would recommend a therapy, for everyone!

- I started game developing with a course (Game Development Unlocked) and a community and already developed a small game. It is a lot of fun! And my hobbies don't stress me out, since I don't have the "urge" to make everything professional or make money with everything.

- I painted a Bob Ross as I always wanted:

IMG_20200617_174634.thumb.jpg.88b6d366c6d66db55cad6e4d0e2b3384.jpg

- I was at 81.6kg, the highest I have ever been (ok, it's a lot of muscle I grew the past months) at the end of April. Until then I  lost 5kg without tracking or sth, I was done with all that stuff and counting calories but "just" IE worked great for me.

- I have a moderate scoliosis and now I am not sure, if I can do (heavy) weightlifting anymore. But that's fine for me, there are a lot of sports I'd like to try. Shoulder is somethat okay again.

- I am finally happy again. I have a lot of RL and some communities for game dev, painting etc. and I am not sure, if I can post here daily/weekly, but I will try to read you threads from time to time :) And maybe, if my wish comes true, I have more time from July (or so) on

❤️

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Arkania said:

I am now Nutrition COach and Fitnesstrainer. Will get my Crossfit certificate in July and work in my Crossfit box from September on.

- I have a(?) lipedema and want to have a surgery for that (the earlier the better) and have my first appointment (to talk about costs and what they will do) on 7/7 and two more end of august and end of september.

- I am at work again since start of Feb (first 2 weeks for 2 hrs, next 2 weeks for 4 hrs,....) and fully working since mid march. I still hate it but I doesn't stress me out that much anymore (thanks therapy!). My greatest wish was to be fired with severance pay and tomorrow I have a meeting with HR "regarding my future caree". Wish me luck that they do what I wish for, that would be the best thing that could happen to me right now! (But I think this is the only option left for them to do now, there are not that many other possibilities for this meeting)

- Today was my last day of therapy. I loved it. 10/10 would recommend a therapy, for everyone!

- I started game developing with a course (Game Development Unlocked) and a community and already developed a small game. It is a lot of fun! And my hobbies don't stress me out, since I don't have the "urge" to make everything professional or make money with everything.

- I painted a Bob Ross as I always wanted:

Hi,

I wasn't here for the first 15 pages of your journey, but those are some awesome milestones!  Ouch on the lipedema, that can really be painful, I'm glad you can work towards getting it taken care of.  Good luck getting fired?  Working in a gym sounds like a good time :)  And, I love watching old Bob Ross episodes, he would be proud of that painting you did, and the 'little happy tree' up at the top.

• Like 1

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4 

@ZachPSU Thank you :)

They can't fire me with a normal notice because we have a protection until 2022. But they need to cut about 1500 people (I think about 500 are left that need to be... removed) so they can suggest a termination agreement with a compensation. I am working there for 5 years now, it won't be a lot (gross amount would be a middle five-figure, net would be around half of it) but it's better to (again) lose my health there or resign myself and get nothing) and with unemployment benefits it would last me some months, maybe more than a year.

And then I have finally the freedom and energy to get my self-employment going.

I am not sure this tree is happy, but hey, at least it's a tree with some happy little cloud friends :D

• Like 2

Arkania! So happy to hear from you :)  

Well done on completing the Nutrition Coach and Fitness trainer stuff. Will you run your own box, or are you hired as a trainer in an existing box?

I had never heard of lipedema before, but that sounds awful :( Is the surgery something you have to pay for yourself, or is that covered by your government funded healthcare system?

Sucks that you hate your job :( But awesome that you're feeling well enough again to work. Therapy is great indeed! 

Very interested in hearing more about the game dev stuff! Please give me all the details :D 

I know nothing about art, but that painting is seriously awesome! I'd pay for that!

You seem to be in a really good mental space about your body. Even though you might not be able to lift super heavy, you're still sounding positive, and that's great. And not hating on your weight, but instead seeing the gainzz 💪 And yeah, I totally get you about being done with all the counting. Ain't nobody got time for that! Happy to hear IE is working for you as well. Right now I can't see myself doing it any other way ever again.

You say you're happy, and the way you write really makes that shine through. Such a positive update. Love it ❤️ If you have the spoons for it, please let me know how your meeting with HR goes tomorrow.

Wow, what hell of a day.

No meeting today, was stuck in traffic for 3hrs (at 33°C/91°F) because of a truck accident. Had to postpone to tomorrow 1.30pm (CEST). As video call :D

@Tobbe

I will be hired as a trainer in the crossfit box I already train in.

Have to pay for the surgery myself I "just" have stage 1 and the government only pays for it when it's stage 3. But I don't wantt to wait until then, want to do it as early as possible (less risks, less costs etc).

It's this course: https://courses.gamedevunlocked.com/p/game-dev-unlocked/ 
David also has a youtube channel, this is the video that convinced me:

Already developed the 5 min game, that was really fun :D

You'd pay for the painting? 100 € and it's yours :D :D

And thank you for all the lovely words ❤️

• Like 1

Meeting went well, my song of the day: :D

DOBBY IS A FREE ELF!

• Like 1

And it went better and better the last days.

There will be a high severance pay (I could probably live on it for 3-5 years). My employment contract will be increased again to full-time (so there will be more money the next months and also the severance pay will be higher + the unemployment benefits too), but I will be released from work from August on, i.e. I don't have to go to work until the termination (31.12.), but I will still receive a salary. The severance pay is paid either on 31.12. or on 31.1., whichever is more favourable for tax purposes. I will also receive the bonus for this year in May 2021. From January on I will try to get a foundation subsidy from the government (which would be 60% of my last salary + 300€ for 6 months.
In the last week since I had the interview, I have already received (without having done marketing) 3 requests for nutritional advice. I also signed up for the Crossfit Level 1 Coach course in September.
I talked to a coach friend of mine who has a similar history to mine, who now trains rich people (as a personal trainer) and gave me some tips. Maybe we will "team up" soon, let's see how it goes.
I have been sleeping like a baby at night since the meeting. I can't even remember the last time I had that.

I feel (finally) so good again, I can't really believe all this.

• Like 3

Watched the gamde-dev-unlocked video. Very inspirational! :) I'm not enough of a story-teller to make a game like that, but I like how approachable he makes it seem to be. And so cool that you've already made a game of your own!

I said I'd pay for it, I didn't say how much 😛 

That's great that you got such a good deal with your job. That means you should have plenty of time to get something of your own up and running before all the money is gone :) So now you're going to be both a crossfit trainer, a personal fitness/nutrition coach, and a game developer?! Awesome! :D 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:09 PM, Arkania said:

I have been sleeping like a baby at night since the meeting. I can't even remember the last time I had that.

I feel (finally) so good again, I can't really believe all this.

Seems like you're finally out on the other side! Such a nice feeling, isn't it?  Now just make sure you take it slow and easy, so you don't slip back into old patterns.

• Like 1
On 7/4/2020 at 7:54 PM, Tobbe said:

Watched the gamde-dev-unlocked video. Very inspirational! :) I'm not enough of a story-teller to make a game like that, but I like how approachable he makes it seem to be. And so cool that you've already made a game of your own!

I said I'd pay for it, I didn't say how much 😛 

That's great that you got such a good deal with your job. That means you should have plenty of time to get something of your own up and running before all the money is gone :) So now you're going to be both a crossfit trainer, a personal fitness/nutrition coach, and a game developer?! Awesome! :D 

Seems like you're finally out on the other side! Such a nice feeling, isn't it?  Now just make sure you take it slow and easy, so you don't slip back into old patterns.

It's an amazing feeling. :D

So I thought about planning everything out for the rest of the year and start to create content for everything.

Will be fitnesstrainer/nutritioncoach/artist (thought about selling prints etc)/game developer and maybe writer :D So excited!

Have to make a business plan so that I can try to get a "founder's grant" for my business. Until then figuring out what exactly I'm going to do (trial and error), make the websites ready, learn a lot etc.

I think I will join the next 5 week challenge for all that.

So I will sign the contract next week and from August on I'm released from (going to) work. BUT since I still had 23 vacation days (which will be offset (? or cleared?) with the release time) and I don't have much else to do, I took 12 vacation days and just will be "working" on the mondays this month. That's so great. Offboarding (give back the hardware etc) will be on 31th July.

That means: only 3 workdays in July for me. Niiiice.

• Like 1

Wow! All I can say is Wow! You're so super talented! You're totally motivating me right now!

Keep up the great work!

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann