Hulkine and the final touch

7 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Did something on the campusboard that was great (like this Campusboard, but only 3 bars and just one by one and not skipping one, I am so weak :D )

That's so cool! Well done!

8 minutes ago, Arkania said:

And the soft voice that whispers in my head (When you can do THIS with just that little amount of training, what could you do, if you would train REALLY hard

That's the spirit! Never stop, always try to be a tiny little bit better today than you were yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Yeah, that would be one (of many :D ) topics for the next challenge. Thought about 3 topics in the challenge: Body (Sport, Nutrition), Mind (Learning, Hobbies), Habits (or sth like that).

Nice :) Looking forward to your next challenge.

I took my measurements today.

And I am not sure, why they are are almost the same as when I was 7kgs (15.4lbs) lighter.

Sure, I built some muscle mass but my body fat was way lower with 63kgs.

Will post my measurements the next days, have to hydratre before weighing myself. And maybe should weigh myself for three days straight and then write down the average.

(No, my bf has not gone up from 23 to 26,6% in one month and neither I lost 3% of my muscle mass....)

Good morning world.  (Hello world!)

Slept late (Spoiler: No did not) because it's weekend (ok, I already have weekend on friday) and now waiting for my gorcery delivery while watching the last two episodes of beast master.

Wow, it seems to be really hard for women. I think I have to participate in such a competition in order to save the women's honour :D

Just kidding.

Today's plan:

• ML Workout
  • Reading (1-2 books)
  • Maybe starting the final paper for the nutrition coach
  • revise my boyfriends bachelor thesis
  • The Witcher level 35
  • cleaning the bathrooms
  • do some Rosetta Stone
1 hour ago, Arkania said:

And maybe should weigh myself for three days straight and then write down the average.

At least three days. Preferably more :) 

have to hydratre before weighing myself

I find I get most consistent results if I weigh myself in the morning, after going to the bathroom, but before eating or drinking anything. Why would you want to hydrate (i.e. drink) before weighing yourself?

No, my bf has not gone up from 23 to 26,6% in one month and neither I lost 3% of my muscle mass

I told you those BF scales are very inaccurate! And I know you know this too :) 

26 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Today's plan:

• ML Workout
  • Reading (1-2 books)
  • The WItcher level 35
  • cleaning the bathrooms
  • do some Rosetta Stone

Sounds like a good mix of fun things and things that just need to get done :) But reading two books in one day, isn't that a bit much? Unless you're a super fast reader :D 

2 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

At least three days. Preferably more :) 

Don't want to spend one week a month with weighing ;)
I want to weigh myself once a month because of the emotional roller coaster it is with looking on the scale sometimes. I had it again this morning and I know it will affect my day.

I find I get most consistent results if I weigh myself in the morning, after going to the bathroom, but before eating or drinking anything. Why would you want to hydrate (i.e. drink) before weighing yourself?

Yeah, that's how I do it. When you are dehydrated it shows funny body fat percentages as you can see from my results :D

I told you those BF scales are very inaccurate! And I know you know this too :) 

Sure I not that. And maybe sometime I might be able to stop sticking to numbers.

Sounds like a good mix of fun things and things that just need to get done :) But reading two books in one day, isn't that a bit much? Unless you're a super fast reader :D 

Oh, I am :D

There are about 200 pages left in Bill Bryson's "notes from a big country" and about 1,5hrs left (it's an ebook, so the Kindle tells me how much time is left) in the Complaining Challenge- book.

So this may take about 2,5-3hrs for both.

4 minutes ago, Arkania said:

maybe sometime I might be able to stop sticking to numbers

Yeah, I don't know about you, but I can see fairly well by just looking in the mirror the changes in my BF levels. It shows pretty fast in my face and on my rib cage.

6 minutes ago, Arkania said:

There are about 200 pages left in Bill Bryson's "notes from a big country" and about 1,5hrs left (it's an ebook, so the Kindle tells me how much time is left) in the Complaining Challenge- book.

So this may take about 2,5-3hrs for both.

Ohh, I thought you ment two books from start to finish. But now I see that you ment to finish two books you had already started. That seems like a more obtainable goal ;)

10 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Yeah, I don't know about you, but I can see fairly well by just looking in the mirror the changes in my BF levels. It shows pretty fast in my face and on my rib cage.

Ohh, I thought you ment two books from start to finish. But now I see that you ment to finish two books you had already started. That seems like a more obtainable goal ;)

I can't see that. Since I have ssort of a body perception disorder my mind can change what I see in minutes :D
(Yesterday I saw myself fat, today I think I am good in shape *sigh*.

I already read 140 pages in the Bryson book and I think 20mins in the other one.
Sometimes I have reading days where I start (and finish ;) ) 3-4 books (depends on the number of pages) but then I just read the whole day.

I read about 400 words a minute (also depends on the topic of the book). Not super fast but fast enough to read some books a day :D

This is reading for fun. When reading texts or sth for work I just use the word-jumping-method (not sure how this is called), so only read every 3 words.

Yesterday I saw myself fat, today I think I am good in shape *sigh*

Looking at your photos you posted in the second post of this thread no-one (but yourself) would ever call you fat! 

Fat on body ≠ You are fat

But yeah, I know this is difficult. Looking at myself for example I know I'm skinny. But I still want to remove some of that fat that is still on my body.

Not super fast but fast enough to read some books a day

Reading fast is definitely a learned skill. And something that gets better and better the more you practice. I almost never read books anymore, so now my reading is really slow :( When I was younger I read a lot! Mostly fiction of course...  

I know that (that I am not even close to beeing fat) but my mind doesn't care ;)

But I am working on it. Positive affirmations and things like that.

Status To Do List: I've only read 10 pages of the thesis but my brain is already done :D (Geography, regarding corn and it's soil management). 43 pages to go.

• ML Workout
  • Reading (1-2 books)
  • The Witcher level 35
  • cleaning the bathrooms
  • do some Rosetta Stone
  • watch the last episodes UB
  • maybe work in the garden for some time
  • cook and eat dinner (what?)
  • continue watching Westworld with boyfriend

tbc

On 8/30/2018 at 11:14 PM, Arkania said:

I think I feel better with less weight (even for bouldering it would be best to don't need to get that more kgs up the wall ;) ) but I don't want to set a fixed weight goal.

I quite often think that too, that if I just lost a bit of weight I could "short cut" the getting strong. But then I watch some of the guys climb, big heavy guys, and they still kick butt and keep proving me wrong. :P So for now I'm trying to let that go and focus on eating enough to get stronger and recover better. Losing a bit of weight would help for sure, no denying that. But I also think it's a little less important for bouldering than for rope climbing, and especially at lower levels. But it's hard when you get constant reminders that fit and strong looks a certain way.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:59 AM, Arkania said:

Just watching Ultimate Beastmaster Season 3 on Netflix. One of my friends in the climbing hall is competing (Jessica Wielens). She has an amazing body.

I was sometimes a bit jealous but I know (now) what this body "costs".

She is doing sports the whole day (would maybe love that too).

Just stalked her IG, and yes she does have an amazing body! (Though what's up with bouldering in trainers?? :P) But you're absolutely right, it's her job. I like to think that form follows function, if you eat to keep your brain AND body happy and train hard then your body will adapt and you'll get the shape you need. Rather than forcing it to the shape you want, through strict dieting etc. If that makes sense. Of course if you're an athlete it's different, especially if you really on social media and sponsors because let's be real, looks matter even for athletes.... It's sad but true.

15 hours ago, Arkania said:

Did reaaaally good at bouldering today.

Did something on the campusboard that was great (like this Campusboard, but only 3 bars and just one by one and not skipping one, I am so weak :D ). Thanks creatin!

Failed at the warped wall (5cm!), was more slippery than I thought. Did some championship boulders but had still some issues with my ellbow.

But finally get swinging on the rings again (because I didn't do much sport after my "career" in athletic, so, from 18 onwards until last year when I started again, I am kind of a "Körperklaus" (you call it in german, a person who has no good body feeling like what does my body do when I do this and no good coordination), so I had problems to get swinging on rings because my body didn't know what to do!), now I have to train my coordination/agility skills for my body memory).

After the campusboard success I thought about my training progress and was a bit impressed.

Normally I just think about the things I am not doing good enough yet, but today I thought about my positive progress.

Conclusion: For the fact that I did not that much sports over the past year I did great.

Some months ago I wouldn't have the ability to press myself up the wall with my legs (thanks, squats and boxjumps!) nor to pull myself up the wall with one arm.

That's great!

And the soft voice that whispers in my head (When you can do THIS with just that little amount of training, what could you do, if you would train REALLY hard...?) I will ignore!

For now ;)

Yeeeah nice work on the campus board!! Definitely a weakness of mine. Haven't tried it in a while but sometimes I try on easy boulders (when my friends force me to :P) and usually end up failing spectacularly. Need MOAR POWAAA!

I sooo get you on the coordination thing. I also didn't do any sports, because it SUCKED at school. We only did team sports and running and I hated it. So I didn't start doing physical activities until uni really. But it's so much harder to build new pathways as an adult than as a child. Like dynos for example, for some/(most?) people it's completely intuitive, you just jump, that's it. For me it's a mental clusterfuck. :P 

I love that you recognise your progress though! I try very hard to be mindful about recognising tiny wins, however small, which can be very hard sometimes. For me it's also easier to think about the negatives and what to improve. Which can be a good thing, as long as it doesn't go too far...

But yaaay for getting stronger!

3 hours ago, Arkania said:

Wow, it seems to be really hard for women. I think I have to participate in such a competition in order to save the women's honour :D

Just kidding.

Hell yeah! :D 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I quite often think that too, that if I just lost a bit of weight I could "short cut" the getting strong. But then I watch some of the guys climb, big heavy guys, and they still kick butt and keep proving me wrong. :P So for now I'm trying to let that go and focus on eating enough to get stronger and recover better. Losing a bit of weight would help for sure, no denying that. But I also think it's a little less important for bouldering than for rope climbing, and especially at lower levels. But it's hard when you get constant reminders that fit and strong looks a certain way.

I'm struggeling a bit between "it's okay how you look, just focus on strength and getting better at sports" and "Looking lean is nice and you JUST HAVE TO LOSE 5kgs".

Yeah, "just" 5kgs. I know, maintaining is no problem for me. But cutting. I looove food. So much :D So I am now trying sort of a recomp with a small deficit and good, protein based nutrition.

Just stalked her IG, and yes she does have an amazing body! (Though what's up with bouldering in trainers?? :P) But you're absolutely right, it's her job. I like to think that form follows function, if you eat to keep your brain AND body happy and train hard then your body will adapt and you'll get the shape you need. Rather than forcing it to the shape you want, through strict dieting etc. If that makes sense. Of course if you're an athlete it's different, especially if you really on social media and sponsors because let's be real, looks matter even for athletes.... It's sad but true.

When I compare her IG to my IG it makes me sad :D But I know, I don't have the same build like her, I am looking more like a hulk when I am muscular -> broad shoulders, big thigh muscles and a big bootey :D I think I am lookig more like a weightlifter or sth like that. Most of the time I am ok with that ;)

I will focus on training and a small deficit. Train what I want to learn (and not lifting heavy weights or training single muscles in the gym. That's not my thing. I like fun sports like bouldering, jumping, parcour etc.. Can't do any sport that I don't like for longer. Some bodyweight training besides the fun sports for better strength is best I can (and want to) do.

She does no real bouldering, we have a Ninja warrior parcours in our hall so most of the time she uses this and rarely boulders. But I think she now finally got climbing shoes ;)

Note to self: Need new climbing shoes mid-term.

Yeeeah nice work on the campus board!! Definitely a weakness of mine. Haven't tried it in a while but sometimes I try on easy boulders (when my friends force me to :P) and usually end up failing spectacularly. Need MOAR POWAAA!

ROAR, go for it :D

For me it's a mental clusterfuck. :P 

Yep, that's it!

I love that you recognise your progress though! I try very hard to be mindful about recognising tiny wins, however small, which can be very hard sometimes. For me it's also easier to think about the negatives and what to improve. Which can be a good thing, as long as it doesn't go too far...

Yeah, it took me some time (years) to think like that. I was always coparing myself to the best of everything I tried. Did never ever see what I achieved so far only what could be better.

And compared with the wrong people I think ;)

But yaaay for getting stronger!

:love_heart:

Hell yeah! :D 

Maybe next year :D

• ML Workout
  • Reading (1-2 books)
  • revise my boyfriends bachelor thesis Part 1
  • The Witcher level 35
  • cleaning the bathrooms
  • do some Rosetta Stone
  • watch the last episodes UB
  • maybe work in the garden for some time
  • cook and eat dinner (what?)
  • continue watching Westworld with boyfriend

Woah, this thesis is hell. Already done reading and formatting and reading for four hours and just halfway through. Doind the rest tomorrow. Tired now :D

15 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Ugh! I'd fall asleep after a single page of that stuff! I understand you have a hard time getting though it :) 

Yeah it's kinda boring though :D

I'm trying to just see writing mistakes because I can't assess the content (I have no idea about this topic).

I finished one of the books this noon and then went to bed again for 1:40hrs of sleep.
Needed that :D

Now I will play some Witcher since I didn't do that yesterday and maybe eat something (the last thing I ate was this morning at 8 or sth.)

I don't sleep very well and long at night, so afternoon naps are the best I can do :D

Have to think about-list

Rising Heroes (maybe after ML)

NF Academy (maybe after ML)

Goal weight?

Challenge goals for every subforum -> ( Body (Sport, Nutrition), Mind (Learning, Hobbies), Habits, Soul (Meditate,..)

Smoking

weighing cycle

food intake/nutrition/"intuitive" eating/clean eating/avoid sugar

"live my dream"

skip caffeine for some time

new climbing shoes

south to north trip -> Sweden

natural cycles

@Tobbe Just watched some videos with Madeleine, I think I like her! Not as much as Natacha but that's ok ;)(

Haven't eaten until now and I'm not hungry yet. (Ok, now got some brazil nuts and one egg)

Went to the gyn to get a new injection to have more time to think about preventing without hormones ;)

Will switch the ML day with tomorrow, because today would be regeneration day and tomorrow a workout but tomorrow we will go bouldering.

49 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Rising Heroes (maybe after ML)

NF Academy (maybe after ML)

Yeah, definitely after ML I'd say. And remember you can always just try and get your money back if you don't like it!

Or, in the case of RH, just quit/stop paying whenever you don't enjoy it anymore

Goal weight?

Yeah, I know, look who's talking... But what about not having a goal weight? What about focusing more about body composition, or "goal ability", like being able to "jump" the entire campus board at your gym (i.e. move both hands at the same time).

Challenge goals for every subforum -> ( Body (Sport, Nutrition), Mind (Learning, Hobbies), Habits, Soul (Meditate,..)

That sounds like a lot! A lot of book keeping if nothing else...

Smoking

Most important one on the list by far!

weighing cycle

Connecting this with the alternatives to a goal weight above you might not need to weigh yourself at all!

food intake/nutrition/"intuitive" eating/clean eating/avoid sugar

This can be really interesting. And it absolutely doesn't have to be about weight either. Food does a lot more to you than just control how much you weigh. I've been kind of interested in doing a Whole30 for example, just to see what different kinds of food does to me when first removing them and then re-introducing them. More energy? Less energy? How does my stomach react? What happens to my sleep? Etc. It can also be about finding new ways to eat. A typical breakfast here is open faced sandwiches, yogurt with müsli or cereals and/or porridge. In England they eat bacon and cooked beans. In the States it's pancakes. In Japan it's rice and soup. Maybe by trying those different ideas you open yourself up to other ways of eating that actually suits you better.

"live my dream"

Who doesn't want that!? :) 

skip caffeine for some time

My biggest source of caffeine has always been tea. But this summer it's been too hot for tea. So I kind of involuntary had to skip that. Ended up trading it for a lot of sugar free juice and coke zero instead... Pretty sure it's better to stay with tea in my case :tongue: 

new climbing shoes

Loot FTW! Make it something you can treat yourself with when completing a four week challenge or something.

south to north trip -> Sweden

Yay! Please do come visit! (We always have room for an extra guest!)

natural cycles

Your body will thank you. Just make sure your mind is fine with it too :) 

Just now, Tobbe said:

I'm pretty sure bouldering doesn't count as regeneration ;) :tongue:

But that would mean I would do a workout day on a bouldering day. And this is against the manual! :D

(What is no problem in case of energy for that, I think I'll go for that)

Yeah, I know, look who's talking... But what about not having a goal weight? What about focusing more about body composition, or "goal ability", like being able to "jump" the entire campus board at your gym (i.e. move both hands at the same time).

That's why I made the question mark. So I will ask myself if I need (I know I don't NEED, but if I want) a weight goal. Or just look in the mirror or tell by my clothes if everything is fine or not.

I thought about why I am thinking about my weight so much. And I went through my whole body (sounds gros :D), looked at every part and the main reason for thinking about weight is: my bananas! (As I mentioned in another post, it's the butt below the butt like this: (NSFW)

Spoiler

Unbenannt.jpg.5948a4a15f7b9e2ef8a32666e22e58e0.jpg

And I know that will be away at around 62kg. But maybe this will work with only training and no need for fat loss (muscles straigthen out fat)

That sounds like a lot! A lot of book keeping if nothing else...

One after the other just to have some ideas :)

Most important one on the list by far!

Yeah, I am a bit scared.

This can be really interesting. And it absolutely doesn't have to be about weight either. Food does a lot more to you than just control how much you weigh. I've been kind of interested in doing a Whole30 for example, just to see what different kinds of food does to me when first removing them and then re-introducing them. More energy? Less energy? How does my stomach react? What happens to my sleep? Etc. It can also be about finding new ways to eat. A typical breakfast here is open faced sandwiches, yogurt with müsli or cereals and/or porridge. In England they eat bacon and cooked beans. In the States it's pancakes. In Japan it's rice and soup. Maybe by trying those different ideas you open yourself up to other ways of eating that actually suits you better.

That would be a good approach.

My biggest source of caffeine has always been tea. But this summer it's been too hot for tea. So I kind of involuntary had to skip that. Ended up trading it for a lot of sugar free juice and coke zero instead... Pretty sure it's better to stay with tea in my case :tongue: 

I think so, too :D

Loot FTW! Make it something you can treat yourself with when completing a four week challenge or something.

That is a great idea! Hasn't worked in the past but maybe now!

Yay! Please do come visit! (We always have room for an extra guest!)

:wub:

Your body will thank you. Just make sure your mind is fine with it too :) 

Will at least try it :)