Hulkine and the final touch

W00000psie, it's missing the photos of the whole week :D

So, here they are:

Tuesday morning, some Knäckebrot with chocolate spread (oh man, I love Côte d'Or) and italian salami, a cup of coffe.

IMG_20180911_083745.thumb.jpg.6d9be3a5b6931ffbb480ca05686177fd.jpg

For lunch some vegeterian sausage on top of some fried mushrooms, green salad and tea.

IMG_20180911_105421_1.thumb.jpg.13708e4ad88355d3cb84070aee643fd3.jpg

For dinner fried rice with peppers, onions and oven baked chickenbreast.

IMG_20180911_182054.thumb.jpg.de209a35615f015d21be8adf8a75fba4.jpg

Wednesday

Lunch (I had to throw the hot smoked salmon away, because it wasn't good anymore :( ) with scrambled veggie eggs and Knäckebrot with chocolate spread and banana.
IMG_20180912_151229.thumb.jpg.5f0f6a33f972f23f8748cbbb2791ed39.jpg

As an afternoon snacks I had some cereals (like Kellog's Smacks but not with that much sugar and organic etc) with cashew milk

IMG_20180912_153038.thumb.jpg.5b1b201122643d14c3b17d70f6d722fa.jpg

For dinner we had some Pizza.

IMG-20180912-WA0039.thumb.jpeg.6acc8af94d47a63ecc00cb0d8be4b15f.jpeg

Thursday

Lunch was a salad.

IMG_20180913_113239_1.thumb.jpg.c18eda994636a8f7c1fa895909783bdf.jpg

Afternoon snack porridge with applesauce and Cini Mini crunchy muesli

IMG_20180913_144851.thumb.jpg.b198e6c3d3ac8713a6392978c267c60d.jpg

Dinner was some flatbread with dips (no photo) and as a snack a "milk"shake (Cashew milk) with banana, cherries, mango and vanilla whey.

IMG_20180913_200945.thumb.jpg.fd24254ce68f6a0afe15fb320cac637e.jpg

Friday

Today I had a great breakfast with chia bread, salami and cheese, harzer cheese, an apple and tea.

IMG_20180914_084904_1.thumb.jpg.3d9b1e5680579d713439841174e1cd22.jpg

I have to defrost the freezer so I decided to make some soup with stuff out of it. Chicken Veggie soup with marrow dumplings.

IMG_20180914_123145.thumb.jpg.ebc8ebf8e109d13ec603175cecd15ab0.jpg

4 hours ago, Arkania said:

I had to throw the hot smoked salmon away, because it wasn't good anymore

Ohh, no! That sucks :( I hate when food goes bad before I can finish it!

For dinner fried rice with peppers, onions and oven baked chickenbreast.

What's the black stuff in the rice?

marrow dumplings

That sounds interesting. Is that something you can buy in stores, or something you've made yourself? What is it, more exactly? Bone marrow I guess is the main ingredient :P But what else is in it?

12 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

What's the black stuff in the rice?

Burned rice :D

That sounds interesting. Is that something you can buy in stores, or something you've made yourself? What is it, more exactly? Bone marrow I guess is the main ingredient :P But what else is in it?

I bought it at my butcher's.

Wikipedia says:

Marrow dumplings are small dumplings made of white bread and bone marrow from beef or veal, which are served as a soup insert.

For preparation, the marrow is soaked in water if necessary and then finely chopped. This mixture is mixed with eggs and flour, breadcrumbs or white bread. Typical spices are salt, pepper, pimento and nutmeg as well as chopped parsley. For the preparation you form small dumplings or prick dumplings out of the dough. The marrow dumplings are then cooked in salted water or meat stock.

I love them :wub:

Just one and gladly she is outside most of the time. But the looks she gives me sometimes seem like she has a plan (dundunduuuuuun!) :D

Yesterday evening we cooked some Stifado. It's like a greek goulash and since we got some meat for that at the farm, we could finally do it again. Also some roasted potatoes.

(Looks not that good but mmmmhhh!!!)

IMG_20180914_202830.thumb.jpg.bf02f007c1404c1a6929a8a103f2918f.jpg

Today morning I went with some bread and 3 *cough* cinnamon buns.

IMG_20180915_081151.thumb.jpg.dfacf0c0b952c6148792729f54a07331.jpgIMG_20180915_081805.thumb.jpg.6191662e2bd7a2c3715ea90afacc972f.jpg

Lunch was at 4pm, some leftover soup and another cinnamon bun.

And regarding the healthy stuff I eat, after that I eat a whole bag (125g) Tortilla Chips, a bag Haribo sweets (220g), a bag of french mini salamis (110g) and during this week this chocolate bar and this package of shortbread. ;)

IMG_20180914_141232.thumb.jpg.235200ec897cb82489042c58169cdb84.jpgIMG_20180914_155902.thumb.jpg.d2c09a62d30933e7b19949e3bc11ce98.jpg

But it's enough again so I think I will go with much less the next week.

They taste really really "fatty", like butter.

I loved them  xears ago but now they are just...hm... fatty sugary carbs :(

I will try to bake them some time.

I finally tried as I call it "Zorridge" :D

Couldn't remeber the exact recipe when I was in the kitchen but put together yellow zucchini, protein oats (30g/100g protein!), vanilla ice cream whey and cashew milk.
Wo, it tastes amazing!

Made 80g oats, 300ml Cashew drink, 30g Whey and 200g Zucchini so it was about 600g food, 550kcal and 60g Protein. 

Before:

1054656227_WhatsAppImage2018-09-16at17_40_24.thumb.jpeg.aa8f62a63ded76a26d25e8e37fa89f82.jpeg

After:

933361109_WhatsAppImage2018-09-16at17_52_11.thumb.jpeg.f4743d0e5a590a434e18bc00edbcdfbf.jpeg

Will eat it tomorrow and tuesday morning with some frozen fruits (one time cherries, one time mango).

BUT I can already give myself -10 EP for tomorrow and tuesday in my challenge , because I will eat "junk" food. I had some vegeterian schnitzel still in the fridge and will eat them with veggies at work.

Unbenannt.jpg.b60767892b76bc3b177e4fb46a3f3058.jpg

Rest of the food (no photos):
Another 2 cinnamon buns and two slices of bread with salami, the rest of the stifado, the rest of the soup (finally done!) and a small piece of chocolate.

Oh and I did some more days of the ML challenge. One is supposed to start on a monday but I started on a wednesday (or thursday?), so there are workouts at the weekends. And I figured out that I don't like that :D

So I already read 2 days of knowledge and will do the 2 other days (workout) in the next week as a plus. So tomorrow I will be at day 22.

Zorridge... I dunno... I think I'll keep calling it zoats :) But I like your recipe, will try that some time! 

I have a piece of green zucchini in the fridge I need to do something with. Maybe I'll make some zoats with that - we'll see...

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

vegeterian schnitzel still in the fridge and will eat them with veggies at work

Is that what you call junk food? Doesn't sound too bad to me! Or is the junk food you're planning something else?

24 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Zorridge... I dunno... I think I'll keep calling it zoats :) But I like your recipe, will try that some time! 

I have a piece of green zucchini in the fridge I need to do something with. Maybe I'll make some zoats with that - we'll see...

Is that what you call junk food? Doesn't sound too bad to me! Or is the junk food you're planning something else?

Zoats, that was it. I forgot the name :D

It's this one: http://www.valess.de/_produkte/valess-gouda.php

It's very processed and not the greatest ingredients.

->

skim milk, wheat flour, Gouda cheese, beta-carotene, sunflower oil, textured wheat protein, calcium alginate, methyl cellulose, polyphosphate, potassium lactate, chicken egg protein, flavour, modified wheat starch, oat husk fibre, yeast, wine vinegar, salt, sugar, rapeseed oil, spices, iron diphosphate

Would count that as "junk".

Oh, Mayonnaise is also no problem for me :D

But butter? No thank you. Ok, maybe some salted butter on frsh bread. That's ok.

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

skim milk, wheat flour, Gouda cheese, beta-carotene, sunflower oil, textured wheat protein, calcium alginate, methyl cellulose, polyphosphate, potassium lactate, chicken egg protein, flavour, modified wheat starch, oat husk fibre, yeast, wine vinegar, salt, sugar, rapeseed oil, spices, iron diphosphate

Would count that as "junk".

Don't be so hard on yourself. Sure. A few ingredients I have no idea what they are, but most don't sound that bad. Sounds like a good amount of different protein sources. A few things to make it all stick together. And some ingredients for the flavor.  If you eat that with some veggies it's not so bad. A burger and fries from McD would be much worse! :) 

Ok, maybe it's a "sometimes" and no no-go ;)

Wouldn't eat a McD burger even if you would pay me :D

But I am trying to cut meat and would love to cut dairy but have to inform myself better about that.

Ok, maybe it's a "sometimes" and no no-go

Thumbs Up

Wouldn't eat a McD burger even if you would pay me :D

Normally I would agree with you. But right now they have the "El Maco" on the menu for a limited time. Last time I tried it (10+ years ago) it was great! Maybe not so much the burger, but the special fries that goes with it! OMG! Is the El Maco a Swedish thing, or do you have that one as well?

But I am trying to cut meat and would love to cut dairy but have to inform myself better about that.

Why would you like to eat less meat? Cutting out dairy is probably a good idea for most everyone. But damn, that cheese is good! Not to mention how convenient quark/skyr/greek yogurt is for getting some lean protein in to your diet! But seriously - the cheese! People complain about not being able to eat bacon when going vegan, but I feel the cheese is where the real battle is! I would miss cheese so much more than bacon! :D 

And once again I feel tempted to recommend Madeleine's YouTube videos. All her vegan (aka meat and dairy free) recipe videos looks delicious and simple to cook :) 

I'd like to try all of these burgers for example! Yummy

• Thanks 1

Haven't heard of the El Maco ever.

Is it something like the Big Tasty Bacon?
At the moment we have the Big Chili Cheese Bacon as a special.

But I never liked McD ;) Before I found the "real" burger manufactories here in town, I like BK (Chili Cheese Nuggets :wub: ) better.

Why would you like to eat less meat? Cutting out dairy is probably a good idea for most everyone. But damn, that cheese is good! Not to mention how convenient quark/skyr/greek yogurt is for getting some lean protein in to your diet! But seriously - the cheese! People complain about not being able to eat bacon when going vegan, but I feel the cheese is where the real battle is! I would miss cheese so much more than bacon! :D 

Meat: Most because of ethical reasons. We are already buying meat just from our local farm. And that's ok to eat it some days a week (max), but I would like to cut the meat when eating out (except burgers!) and the salami etc.

Milk: I don't like the taste. For that (besides baking) I always use Cashew drink.

And yeah, the cheese is the biggest problem :D

I looove cheese. Bacon is also good ;)

Also Soy yoghurt and Coconut yoghurt taste ok/great but the little protein (also Harzer Cheese....).

Won't go vegan but more vegetarian than meat-eating during the week :) And just "good" meat, organic etc.

9 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Won't go vegan but more vegetarian than meat-eating during the week :) And just "good" meat, organic etc.

I actually think this is the best option. I'm not super updated on the details, but I think we need to keep eating meat, in order for farmers to keep raising cattle, in order to keep the fields etc open in the countryside. With no animals there would just be trees/bushes everywhere, and we don't want that!

I would love some more trees and bushes, we just have farmland around us (most) because it's so flat here.

El Maco

ElMaco_Product2.jpg

"El Maco is served with cheddar cheese, crispy batavia lettuce, tomato, sour cream & chive sauce and a refreshingly hot salsa. Nostalgia at its best!"

That's the rough translation from McDonald's Swedish web page.

But as I said, the star of the show for me is/was the fries. Or, "Shaker fries" as they're also called. Together with your meal you get an empty paper bag and a small seasoning package with some hot chili mix of dry spices. You open the empty paper bag, put your fries in it, top it with the seasoning, close the bag and shake it really well to cover all the fries with the chili spices. Yummy!

The fries sound nice!

The best fries I ever ate at a McD were these fries:

image.png.f75950008ab3958bb723949958f736ed.png

And curly fries, but I think these are BK.

image.png.eb3fcdc455d67ae3500192fa3c9a8921.png

2 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I actually think this is the best option. I'm not super updated on the details, but I think we need to keep eating meat, in order for farmers to keep raising cattle, in order to keep the fields etc open in the countryside. With no animals there would just be trees/bushes everywhere, and we don't want that!

Why not? Forests >> fields.

5 hours ago, Tobbe said:

People complain about not being able to eat bacon when going vegan, but I feel the cheese is where the real battle is! I would miss cheese so much more than bacon! :D 

THIS! I don't understand how people can live without cheese. :P Though I'd also miss bacon. A lot.

Aaaaand now I want fries. :P (Though definitely not McDs!)

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Why not? Forests >> fields.

Not really ;) Or, I mean, we need both! And grazing animals helps with the fields.

A lot of plants, insects, butterflies, bees and birds need the open fields and live in a symbiosis with each other. The biological diversity is needed for production of food, clean air, carbon dioxide absorption, soil used for growing food and pollination.

(interpreted/translated from https://www.naturskyddsforeningen.se/vad-vi-gor/klimat/faqvego)

1 minute ago, Tobbe said:

Not really ;) Or, I mean, we need both! And grazing animals helps with the fields.

A lot of plants, insects, butterflies, bees and birds need the open fields and live in a symbiosis with each other. The biological diversity is needed for production of food, clean air, carbon dioxide absorption, soil used for growing food and pollination.

(interpreted/translated from https://www.naturskyddsforeningen.se/vad-vi-gor/klimat/faqvego)

Fair enough, though spontaneously my thoughts are that if we kept the environment wild the ecosystem would self regulate to a state which is appropriate for the given climate/soil etc. If fields are part of that climate then of course fields should be there, but most of Sweden for example would be naturally forested and that would probably be the best for the ecosystem. The article (and the link in it) is talking about preserving the biodiversity of a landscape that's already massively altered from it's natural state. Which is fair enough as that's what we're dealing with right now, but it's still worth keeping in mind. 

Also I find forests more interesting. :)