• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kharissandra

Let's Play a (Recipe) Game!

Hey, guys! I had an idea, and I want to know if anyone else wanted to play! This is a game I came up with to get people talking about favorite recipes and trying new ones. 

Here are the rules. Someone posts a recipe they love (and have made before; preferably something that doesn't require IRON CHEF levels of xp to make). The next person has to make that recipe, post a picture of it and say how it came out (whether it's one of their new favorites, they had NO idea what cassava flour was and really hoped almonds would do only to find that no, almonds wouldn't do, or it came out fine but it was not to their personal taste; just be kind :) ). They ALSO have to post one of their favorite recipes. You must include both a response to the previous recipe and a new recipe to try. No one has to respond to a recipe they don't want to try, it's just whoever wants to post can :) Also, feel free to make these the nerdiest recipes you possibly can. (Because why would we eat "chopped roasted root veggies" when we could be eating 'Hobbiton Hash'? It's nerd fitness for pete's sake!)

(So, I got this recipe from https://www.shugarysweets.com/pico-de-gallo/#_a5y_p=3794138 and oddly enough, it's a paleo recipe! :D Name like Shugary Sweets can be deceiving, I guess!)

Pippin's Pico 

Odd hobbit family, the Tooks. On his way back to Hobbiton, Pippin may've gotten this recipe off of another traveller. It's good on so many things! However, many hobbits object to the lime and the spice of the jalapenos, as hobbits like their food to taste like what it is, rather than to top it with 'outlandish' garnishes like Pippin's Pico!

4 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced

1 onion, diced fine (red or white works fine; she suggests red, I used white)

1 jalapeno, diced fine (PLEASE WEAR GLOVES YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T)

1 lime, juiced

1/2-1 tsp salt (Diamond Crystal or the pink himalayan salt are probably your best bets; the regular iodized salt is REALLY salty!!!)

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. Dice the tomatoes and onion, and chop the cilantro, and put them in a bowl.

2. DON GLOVES (!!! seriously this was my introduction to hothands and BOY does it suck. If you haven't experienced it, look it up, with the knowledge that NO, NONE OF THE HOME REMEDIES WORK. Aloe DOESN'T WORK. Baking soda DOESN'T WORK. You don't want this.) and finely chop the jalapeno, then add it to the bowl.

3. Add the lime juice, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, and the cilantro. Taste and add more salt if desired.

4. TADAAA Now you have pico de gallo. Should yield about 3 cups (which, granted, may last forever; the original recipe yields 6). Let it sit like an hour for the flavor to develop. I love it on eggs...hash...taco bowls...or pulled pork.... Really, let's be honest, I'd eat it by itself. 

Now it's your turn! Pick a recipe and share it, but not before you've tried mine! I hope you like it! ^_^

• Like 1