Hope you get more rest ASAP. Those side effects sound like Hell, hopefully ditching the one med is all it will take. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2020: Year of the Quiet Warrior

Word of the Year: Discipline

Weight: 204.6 lbs

Sleep: 9 Hrs

Water: 6/8 Gallon

Macros: 135 Protein, 15 Carbs, 70 Fats

Calories: 1500 Calories

Meals:

9:30am - Protien Shake, almond butter & vitamins

12:30pm - Keto breakfast tacos & sparkling water

7:00pm - Chicken, broccoli and cheese

Fitness:

Lifting - Chest/Lower Back

Spouse Time:

Calls - 0 min 

Hangout -  60min

Notes: Disaster of a day. Tried to play games a bit and the kids weren’t having it. Everything felt frustrating. Tried to get a gaming session together with the sibling and they either had things come up, didn’t respond, or were late. Tried to play a bit on our own but the game was glitching (love hate relationship with Sea of Thieves right now) and kids clamoring for attention all the while. Made the critical mistake of trying to be a person for more than 10 minutes instead of a parent. I know it’s a phase and it’s going to pass, but right now parenting 2 young kids, salvaging a marraige, and dealing with round after round of medication is just defeating. Also the cat knocked over a shelf on itself and may have broken its foot...

Have a lot of lessons learned today to hopefully avoid these situations in the future but completely spent as of today.

• Sad 1

Weight: 204.8 lbs

Water: 1 Gallon

Macros: 140 Protein, 20 Carbs, 95 Fats

Calories: 1600 Calories

Meals:

8:30am - Protien Shake, almond butter & vitamins

11:00am - Cheese Stick, decaf coffee w/ heavy cream

12:00pm - Chicken, cheese, diced cauliflower 

3:30pm - Almonds & diet soda

6:00pm - Chicken fajitas and salad

Fitness:

Lifting - Legs/Obliques

Spouse Time:

Calls - 20 min 

Hangout -  30 min

Notes: A little better today. Had a long talk with Mrs.ReturnOfTheDad last night about the home schedule and we both agreed we need to refocus on something more structured for the kids. Hopefully things will improve. Time will tell.

• Like 4

Weight: 205.2 lbs

Sleep: 5.5 Hrs

Water: 6/8 Gallon

Macros: 90 Protein, 20 Carbs, 50 Fats

Calories: 1100 Calories

Meals:

8:00am - Protein bar & vitamin

10:30am - Turkey & cheese roll ups

12:30pm - Chicken & veggies

4:30pm - Lamb/Chicken Kebabs, olives & nuts

Fitness:

Rest Day

Spouse Time:

Calls - 20 min 

Hangout -  0 min (Traveling)

Notes: Weight has been steadily increasing. Been having more diet soft drinks and been reading more articles  they might be the culprit. Taking those out of rotation and hopefully will go back to seeing steady results on the scale.

Also completely cutting out Caffeine  (including decaf except for every once in a while) as suggested for my bipolar. This is a tough one, but I think ultimately worth it for my stability. Had some strong tea yesterday and even just a few sips contributed to a pretty rough episode last night. So ready to have the meds dialed in, but know that could still be months away from finding out what works best for me. Just trying to take it a day at a time at this point.

On the upside, I have a client meeting in Portland, Oregon tomorrow. Traveling today with all the accompanying ordeals, but nothing terrible so far. Never been to Portland, so always excited to experience a new place. Will try and remember to take and post pictures to document the story. Going to do my best not to hermit out in the hotel.

Have to say I really have enjoyed Portland. It’s eclectic and artsy and weird. Was greeted in the terminal by an electric violinist, several giant motion art pieces, an accordianist and an Uber driver in her late 60s rocking out to Nirvana.

Portland Airport:

1F8C4118-E444-4FB5-8196-C9B78B99EC54.thumb.jpeg.903fd66b68410a65d9591bb60f0c14b7.jpeg

The art, food and beverages of all kinds are plentiful. Plus the people are super nice, a lot of them are high (legal here), which I don’t mind and I think adds a mellow ambiance to the city that for me has been sorely needed.

Had one of the best mock tails at the hotel lounge. An amazing tangerine drinking vinegar based orange cream soda topped with salted cherries (which are my new favorite thing).

042724D7-A39D-4A4D-9A58-EA469BAC430E.thumb.jpeg.6ffbb730e77635f5c406416b57f99b84.jpeg

I can’t get over how nice and cool everyone is here. It’s like all the cool art school students got together and decided to make a city. 

Was pretty rainy so hard to get good pictures during the Uber rides. Will try to get some better pictures of the city tomorrow.

• Like 5

I've heard Portland is like that! I've had friends to go there and say they wanted to go back as soon as they came back here. Your pictures even as they are now definitely make me want to go and visit. I think the closest I've got so far was a trip to Seattle, which definitely wasn't as artsy but was very chill. (not sure if it was for the same reasons or not. :D)

• Like 2

Nice airport, it looks super crowded. I wanted to take pictures of all of the airports I visited recently but was afraid of taking pictures of crowds of people and making them angry that I was taking their picture without permission. 

That's a really good looking drink. It's really awesome you get to travel all over the country for your job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weight: Traveling - no scale

Sleep: 8.5 Hrs

Macros: 100 Protein, 30 Carbs, 80 Fats

Calories: 1000 Calories

Meals:

6:00am - Protein Bar & vitamins

9:00am - 2 Kolaches

2:00pm - Protein bar & almonds

5:30pm - Turkey, cheese, spinach roll up

8:30pm - Cold cuts, cheese, almond butter

Fitness:

Cardio - 4 Miles

Spouse Time:

Calls - 30 min 

Hangout -  30 min

Notes: Day off to a pretty good start. Got up at my normal time (which is 4am in Portland) so had the gym all to myself. Place was a little stark but some music helped get me going and their treadmill had a fancy screen that let me run on a virtual beach trail which was kind of nice.

Meeting today went really well. Had a tech problem right before but had a backup ready, pivoted and was able to do a pretty good job. Really going to miss Portland, it was just a day but it was very much the reset I needed after last week.

Unfortunately most of the city was seen from an Uber but overall a beautiful city with really cool people.

98F8BC54-47EA-4FB9-85A5-736759D679CF.jpeg.d8de0dd939ed1fe2158882e8156e512b.jpeg

1DD52C74-40A1-4B55-ADCD-048E6711C324.jpeg.56153ad8dee378a78e0938cbb135b017.jpeg

• Like 4

Portland sounds like a cool place. I hope you get to go back someday. :) 

• Thanks 1

Water: 7/8 Gallon

Macros: 140 Protein, 15 Carbs, 70 Fats

Calories: 1400 Calories

Meals:

9:00am - Protein Shake, almonds, vitamins

11:00am - Veggie, chicken bacon omelette 

3:00pm - Sausage, cheese, tomato’s

6:00pm - Chicken wings & veggies

Fitness:

Lifting - Back/Abs

Spouse Time:

Calls - 15 min 

Hangout -  45 min

Notes: Was a little sluggish getting up this morning. Traveling the last couple of days took its toll but was able to get up and get to the gym and some errands. 

Got lots done, kids were crazy. Glad I had a moment to recenter this morning before the child craziness started. The honing process continues, but good to be home

• Like 4

Weight: 206.0 lbs

Water: 1.25 Gallon

Macros: 155 Protein, 15 Carbs, 95 Fats

Calories: 1600 Calories

Meals:

8:30am - Protein Shake, almond butter, vitamins

10:00am - Cheese Stick & Almonds

12:30pm - Chicken, zucchini, bell peppers & onions

3:00pm - Cheese Stick & Almonds

5:30pm - Chicken & cauliflower 

Fitness:

Lifting - Chest/Lower Back

Spouse Time:

Calls - 10 min 

Hangout -  45 min

Notes: Crazy day yesterday. Was able to get in a quick run then off to church, a cousins kids birthday party, grilling/meal prep for the week and finally passing out. Had tons of salt yesterday and it showed on the scale. Think it might also be the marinade I used for the meats, may just go with a rub going forward.

May have strained something this morning. Was leaning over to pick up two 50lb dumbbells for close grip press and as I sat down felt a pinch in my

Mid back. Almost felt like a slipped disk, pain was super intense and hard to breathe. I realize I was hunching over instead of maintaining good posture, so can hopefully avoid in the future. Pain has gotten better through the day and hopefully won’t be something that slows down workouts this week. This is a down week for me at work before doing 3 day’s in Fort Worth next week, so really hoping to make some good gains before work wrecks my workout schedule again.

• Like 3

Macros: 115 Protein, 12 Carbs, 75 Fats

Calories: 1200 Calories

Meals:

12:00pm - Chicken, veggies, cheese

6:00pm - Protein bar

8:00pm - Almond Butter

Fitness:

Running - 4 Miles

Spouse Time:

Calls - 30 min 

Hangout -  30 min

Notes: Back is better today. Yet another reminder of the importance of proper form in lifting, even when picking the weights up from the rack. 

Really fighting hard to get below 200lbs. Going to try the smarter route and go back to basics: lower caloric intake (cut out snacks again), increase rest (target of 10 hours a night), and increase hydration (1.25 gallons per day). 

The medication I’m on typically causes significant weight gain as well, so very much fighting a battle on 2 fronts, which is frustrating. I’m about to double my medication dosage as well. There are times I get really upset that I’m going to have to work harder to achieve my fitness goals with the conditions I have, but there are other people who have done a lot more with a lot less, so doing the best I can to put aside the excuses and get to work.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

The medication I’m on typically causes significant weight gain as well, so very much fighting a battle on 2 fronts, which is frustrating. I’m about to double my medication dosage as well. There are times I get really upset that I’m going to have to work harder to achieve my fitness goals with the conditions I have, but there are other people who have done a lot more with a lot less, so doing the best I can to put aside the excuses and get to work.

Just remember that even the people with bigger hills to climb have to tell themselves they're doing the best they can some days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Weight: 202.2 lbs

Sleep: 10 Hrs

Macros: 140 Protein, 15 Carbs, 70 Fats

Calories: 1100 Calories

Meals:

12:00pm - Chicken & spinach salad, cheese

6:00pm - Chicken, veggies & cheese

Fitness:

Lifting - Back/Abs

Spouse Time:

Calls - 30 min 

Hangout -  60 min

Notes: First day on updated meds and off to a slow start. Super foggy and had a heck of a time getting up. Hopefully that will fade in time. Gym still happened and more or less on track for the day (running about an hour behind but still salvageable).

• Like 2

Congrats on getting in some gym time despite the fogginess. You got this. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weight: 202.8 lbs

Water: 1.25 Gallons

Macros: 145 Protein, 15 Carbs, 85 Fats

Calories: 1400 Calories

Meals:

12:00pm - Fish, sausage link, egg white omelette, veggies

6:00pm - Egg white keto fried rice

Fitness:

Lifting - Legs/Obliques

Spouse Time:

Calls - 15 min 

Hangout -  30 min

Notes: Things are definitely ramping up across the board. Stuff is crazy busy at work getting ready for our Sales Kick Off next week which is going to be several 12-16 hour days back to back. Also finally agreed to see a therapist and went through the search process and narrowed down to a local counselor that has some good experience with folks with my condition. That and social calendar is about to go haywire with the town Valentines Dance, actual Valentines Day, taking the kids to see a Monster Truck Rally (both kids specifically asked for this over Disney on Ice - Odd children), and locking in reservations for summer vacation.

Objectively this is a lot to be thankful for to be part of the flow of life like this. Just really feels overwhelming without the manic parts of my bipolar that have allowed me to keep this crazy pace for so many years. With this new medication I feel tired (usually reasonably so) and sometimes unsure, and when I’m getting pulled in a lot of different directions downright distracted. These are not things that happened when I was I medicated, but I also was very much overdoing things and to the point where every relationship was suffering. For now it’s baby steps and I’m starting to get okay with that.

• Like 3

Weight: 203.0 lbs

Sleep: 7 Hrs

Macros: 110 Protein, 12 Carbs, 80 Fats

Calories: 1450 Calories

Meals:

8:30am - Almond Butter & vitamins

12:00pm - Cheese, grape tomatoes, bacon & almonds

5:30pm - Chicken & veggies

9:00pm - Protein Shake & almond butter

Fitness:

Lifting: Chest/Lower Back

Notes: Truly rough start to Yesterday. Had to work for a few hours Saturday morning instead of spending time with the kids (who I haven’t seen much this week). Tried to use Beach Body Online to do a Yoga video, of the hour I used it it crashed 4 times and only got 20 minutes of exercise in. Top that all off which meds rearing their ugly head on weight gain and the day proceeded into garbage territory.

Trying as hard as I can to stay positive. I know my boss appreciates the extra work I am doing. I know tech is finicky sometimes and there are plenty of other places to get online content (found some good YouTube yoga channels). I also know that it’s a busy time of year and they won’t always be like this. Also, know the simple truth to lose weight even with medication is to cut calories and improve nutrition content.

Doing the best I can to position facts in the face of these overwhelming feelings. Also know that I’m in the very early stages of the meds journey and likely severely under-medicated, but with the guidance of my doctors we are on the way to finding the right balance.

Definitely was a day of challenge.

Today is off to a similar start, last night had another manic episode following the depressive episode. Medicine made a small difference but not nearly enough, so now at least know that I need to be on a much higher dose, which at least is information I can do something constructive with.

Mrs.ReturnOfTheDad is down with a flu of some kind so taking care of her, watching the kids, making soups for her and meals for the week so she won’t have to cook. Somehow got some laundry done in the middle of all that. It’s been a day.

Did have some hits and misses on cooking. Hit was roasted radishes. Heard about it on a keto site and they are definitely being added to the cooking circuit. Texture is somewhere between a firm roasted potato and Brussels sprout, flavor is decent and I bet grilled or broiled would be outstanding. A photo of today’s cooking achievements:

A45D3CC1-3995-4191-8C0F-17F8039EEE94.thumb.jpeg.dd531b25bfa39cc4a60bdb6e4568dfa2.jpeg

-Cajun Pan Seared Chicken

-Italian Roasted Chicken

-Chicken/Apple Sausage

-Roasted radishes

-Sautéed spinach and mushrooms

-Sautéed zucchini

Miss was the cook time on the bone in chicken thighs and drum sticks. They take a little longer than chicken breast’s but I way over estimated and probably overcooked by about 10 minutes. Nothing that can’t be saved by dicing up and rehydrating with a nice sauce though.

Finished off the day with ReturnOfTheDad Jr. asking me to watch the sunset with him on the patio after dinner: 

3A42E05C-7735-4BB8-BDF8-3EB63B1347CA.thumb.jpeg.b4db615ca4b84e01231e2987268cac81.jpeg

It really was beautiful and reminded me in the midst of all this craziness, there really is a lot to be grateful for.

• Like 5