I am Brian Thompson (Academy character bpthompson77) and I just joined nerd fitness today.

In October of 2017, I turned 40 and I wasn't happy. I was over 300 pounds and leading a lifestyle that would surely end prematurely. I was diagnosed prediabetic at my last check-up and was told that I had shortened my life expectancy because of the lifestyle I was leading. So, in January of 2018, I set a goal to make 2018 the #YearOfBrian. I was committed to getting healthy.

In February, I joined a meal delivery program for men and got a gym membership. In 5 months, I lost 50 pounds. I was feeling good but I was getting tired of eating the same processed, frozen food day in and day out. I knew there had to be a better way to lose the last 50 pounds. I began researching and came across the paleo diet and nerd fitness.

• Like 4

Level 10 Rebel

Character  Instagram  Current fitness routine 4 week challenge log FitBit User profile

“If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.” Fred Devito

“Challenge yourself everyday to do better and be better. Remember, growth starts with a decision to move beyond your present circumstances.” Robert Tew