• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Themes Happen to Other People: Tanktimus' Next Challenge

18 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's not the best adaptation in the world but if you are seeing it because you loved their version of The Hobbit you'll enjoy it.

Well I loved (LOVEDDDD) it as a small child, I haven't watched it as an adult so who knows what I'll think now... but I'm definitely going to have to see it.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:07 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I did some perfunctory stretches and cooked.

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I lifted: Bench 5x5 at 150, squat 5x5 at 115.

Glad it is going well.

Food looks and sounds delicious as always, and I'm drooling at 6h00 in the morning.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 2:20 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Are you referring to the Rankin-Bass songs or the Bakshi songs? 

I didn't realize there were multiple versions so I had to look it up.  I was referring to the Rankin-Bass songs

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raxie said:

Well I loved (LOVEDDDD) it as a small child, I haven't watched it as an adult so who knows what I'll think now... but I'm definitely going to have to see it.

They focus almost entirely on Sam and Frodo. There's a little of Gandalf and Pippin in Minas Tirith, and some Merry and Theoden. Aragorn barely speaks and Gimli and Legolas are left out.

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Glad it is going well.

Food looks and sounds delicious as always, and I'm drooling at 6h00 in the morning.

tumblr_inline_mqywffZL0d1qz4rgp.gif

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Of course you do... You Texans just HAVE to be different... :P 

If it makes you feel better, East Texans (More or less East of I-45 and Houston) tend to think of themselves at least a little bit as Southern. 

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I didn't realize there were multiple versions so I had to look it up.  I was referring to the Rankin-Bass songs

I was confused when you meant the Bakshi version, there was very little in the way of songs in that.

Today is a good day. I did some self-directed Yin Yoga for about 30 minutes, working especially on my hips. 

Lunch was awesome.

The base was roasted parsnips and butternut squash, cooked for 45 minutes at 350 with avocado oil, white wine vinegar, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika (stirred halfway through).

I also served some steam-in-the-bag broccoli with a bag of creamy dill sauce portioned to go with the broccoli.

The protein was chicken thighs, sauteed in avocado oil with salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and white wine vinegar. There was plenty of liquid when the chicken was ready, so I added what was left of some sour cream and a bit of flour to make a creamy sauce.

• Like 6

Yin yoga AND sour cream/chicken juice sauce?! Be still my heart. (Seriously I love utilizing pan juice for stuffs.  Lately I've been making dressings with it.  SO GOOD)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The base was roasted parsnips and butternut squash, cooked for 45 minutes at 350 with avocado oil, white wine vinegar, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika (stirred halfway through).

I also served some steam-in-the-bag broccoli with a bag of creamy dill sauce portioned to go with the broccoli.

The protein was chicken thighs, sauteed in avocado oil with salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and white wine vinegar. There was plenty of liquid when the chicken was ready, so I added what was left of some sour cream and a bit of flour to make a creamy sauce.

0e4ff6289103f26e51ad42e2a31c4f48.gif 

Dang, son.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Raxie said:

Yin yoga AND sour cream/chicken juice sauce?! Be still my heart. (Seriously I love utilizing pan juice for stuffs.  Lately I've been making dressings with it.  SO GOOD)

If we can't deglaze a pan, what is the point to be alive?

17 hours ago, deftona said:

That chicken dish sounds all kinds of fabulous. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Dang, son.

Dang indeed ;) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Dang, son.

Ahahahahaha I can't stop watching this.  Also the sentiment is seconded I HATE parsnips hoo boy but 

OH NO

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING I FORGOT TO TELL YOU AND I'M GONNA INTERRUPT MY THOUGHT PROCESS RIGHT NOW TO TELL YOU

Do you remember when you made an eggplant dish about a month ago and I poo-poo'ed EGGPLANT ??  WELL SHIT before we left town we went to our favorite restaurant and one of the appetizers was EGGPLANT MEDALLIONS, like, thin sliced with marinara and mozzarella and some spices, and drop - kick - me - jesus it was delicious, and I remember thinking "I NEED TO TELL TANK" because we had literally just talked about The Eggplant but clearly I forgot 'cause haha it's like a month later but

IT GOOD :DDDD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stribs said:

As soon as I can get back in my kitchen, that recipe is happening in my house!!

Have fun! I hope you get back soon.

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Ahahahahaha I can't stop watching this.  Also the sentiment is seconded I HATE parsnips hoo boy but 

OH NO

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING I FORGOT TO TELL YOU AND I'M GONNA INTERRUPT MY THOUGHT PROCESS RIGHT NOW TO TELL YOU

Do you remember when you made an eggplant dish about a month ago and I poo-poo'ed EGGPLANT ??  WELL SHIT before we left town we went to our favorite restaurant and one of the appetizers was EGGPLANT MEDALLIONS, like, thin sliced with marinara and mozzarella and some spices, and drop - kick - me - jesus it was delicious, and I remember thinking "I NEED TO TELL TANK" because we had literally just talked about The Eggplant but clearly I forgot 'cause haha it's like a month later but

IT GOOD 

Welcome to the pro eggplant world.

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I saw this and I thought of you:

49a3e0974049e0ca5b92e0f63c3af466.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_nn1nznruW41s9gsm7o1_r5_500.gif

Today is a good day. I had a good time lifting (Deadlifts, OHP and pull downs).

I have decided to move toward juggernaut again. When you start juggernaut the first week you are doing 5 sets of 10 reps on your lifts. I've been doing 5x5 for a while, so what I will do is recalculate my working maxes, figure out what the starting weights will be for each lift, and do 5x5 the first week, 5x6 the second, and so on till I get to 5x10, then proceed normally with juggernaut. Dinner was out.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I saw this and I thought of you:

49a3e0974049e0ca5b92e0f63c3af466.jpg

Always ALWAYS double the amount of garlic in a recipe unless that recipe specifically has "garlic" in the title--then you can get away with just adding a few more cloves.  :)

We keep a huge bag of peeled individual cloves in the freezer.  These days I almost always grate them on a microplane before adding them to whatever dish I'm working on.  Easy, fast, and delicious!

• Like 5

On 9/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, DrFeelgood said:

Always ALWAYS double the amount of garlic in a recipe unless that recipe specifically has "garlic" in the title--then you can get away with just adding a few more cloves.  :)

We keep a huge bag of peeled individual cloves in the freezer.  These days I almost always grate them on a microplane before adding them to whatever dish I'm working on.  Easy, fast, and delicious!

I will often crush a clove with the flat of my chef's knife and mince the heck out of what's left.

48 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Yeah...I ignored the warning about not being hungry while reading your posts & now I'm like:

received_1103660373116292.gif

evlhnk.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2018 at 11:42 AM, DrFeelgood said:

Thanks for the tip!