Someday, I'll Be a Spy

9/22/18  Day started out pretty okay, kept on track. Logging my breakfast however was triggering since the damn calorie content has to be visible in MFP. (if anyone knows a food tracking app that will only display sugars or can be set to not display calories, that'd be fantastic) Day went decent 'cause poetry first section is finished, and I started to do my two hours on the Hex Girls but got 30 minutes and then went to a friend's house for a painting session (got a rockin' start on a butterfly painting <3)  BUT THEN, WE WENT OUT TO MR STIRFRY - a buffet!- (they paid for me so I couldn't really say no. However, I did fairly good and only had 2.5 to 3 plates, where normally I would have like ate 6... haha) BUT then we went back to their house and had a drinking party. I got really drunk, so I'm not even gunna try  to count what I drank or the sugar content. I also had two pieces of bread and a slice of pizza during the night. Also giant swigs of coke, pickle juice, and root beer (not mixed together I promise haha) So yeah, not gunna try to track that. I also totally forgot to do my exercises. :P

• Eat breakfast at 9:30  (oatmeal with slivered almonds and pumpkin pie spice)  Ended up eating at 11:15 at my parents' house.
  • Track my breakfast in MFP to keep a log on sugar. 
  • Finish the 1st section of editing my poetry book (I think I only need to type it, I gotta check... but I know I don't have much left of section 1 to edit)  Done, finished last night actually!
  • Work minimum of 2 hours on my HEX GIRLS project (So I worked about 30 minutes on this, but then I painted for 2 hours at a friends' house so I'm counting that)
  • Do 10 squats
  • Do 20 Wall push-ups
  • Do 20 Wall Slides
  • Do a :10 sec plank
  • Log any other food or drink you eat (pay attention only to the SUGAR content, not the calories)

Plan for today 9/23/18

• Eat breakfast at 9:30/10 AMish
  • Track my breakfast in MFP to keep a log on sugar
  • Go to church
  • Work 1 hour minimum on the HEX Girls project
  • Do 10 squats (PARELLEL)
  • Do 20 wall push-ups
  • Do 20 Wall slides
  • Log other food or drink I eat (focus on SUGAR not calories)
  • Start editing section 2 of the poetry book (minimum of 1 hour work)

I am worthy of giving myself fuel to thrive.

Hi, tagging along 'cause yeah...spy stuff!

If you haven't yet, talk to your friends about wanting to improve your health. Friends can be a great source of encouragement!

Keep going! Remember that progress is progress no matter how small. You got this!

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Results 9/23/18

• Eat breakfast at 9:30/10 AMish  It was only goldfish crackers, but that's better than nothing, and food is tight right now.
  • Track my breakfast in MFP to keep a log on sugar   
  • Go to church
  • Work 1 hour minimum on the HEX Girls project
  • Do 10 squats (PARELLEL)
  • Do 20 wall push-ups
  • Do 20 Wall slides
  • Log other food or drink I eat (focus on SUGAR not calories)
  • Start editing section 2 of the poetry book (minimum of 1 hour work)

So today's been the kind of day where I feel exhausted and hurty. I'm not sure if it's my fibro flaring or being hungover or both. I did get to church today, go out for lunch, take a friend to and from work,  worked on my stitching, hung out with my sister and talked with my roommate/ex-roommate. But I feel like I'm super tired and sad that I didn't get my exercises or any editing in today.

2 hours ago, X-23 said:

But I feel like I'm super tired and sad that I didn't get my exercises or any editing in today.

I know that feeling about the exercise. I hate when I can't follow my plan! What I try to do in those cases is to at least move around and be active. Run a little bit on the spot, go for a walk, anything! Usually makes me feel better.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, X-23 said:

So today's been the kind of day where I feel exhausted and hurty. I'm not sure if it's my fibro flaring or being hungover or both. I did get to church today, go out for lunch, take a friend to and from work,  worked on my stitching, hung out with my sister and talked with my roommate/ex-roommate. But I feel like I'm super tired and sad that I didn't get my exercises or any editing in today.

That is still a lot of things that you got done, despite the fatigue and pain!

BTW, fitnessgurl's suggestion about talking to your friends about your goals is great advice! Your friends may not 'get' it, and they may not want to join in, but hopefully they'll at least support you and try to help you stick to your goals. Best case scenario, they may want to become workout buddies! :)

• Like 2
On 9/23/2018 at 3:26 PM, fitnessgurl said:

Hi, tagging along 'cause yeah...spy stuff!

If you haven't yet, talk to your friends about wanting to improve your health. Friends can be a great source of encouragement!

Keep going! Remember that progress is progress no matter how small. You got this!

Spy stuff is my favorite... Speaking of, I tried a ropes obstacle course the other day, even though I'm at my biggest/unfit and terrified of heights. I completed 3 or 4 of the obstacles then got royally stuck in the 5th and had to have two of the workers help me out. #embarassing But hey I tried it!!!

Also most of my friends already know, and so we try together. The friend I drank with the other night is one I'm just getting close to again, and we both have PCOS so we def relate about health issues, but I figure I only drink like twice a year so might as well go all out haha.

I feel like I'm making progress and it's a good feeling. Even though it's small, it's still something. 

3 hours ago, Jett said:

That is still a lot of things that you got done, despite the fatigue and pain!

BTW, fitnessgurl's suggestion about talking to your friends about your goals is great advice! Your friends may not 'get' it, and they may not want to join in, but hopefully they'll at least support you and try to help you stick to your goals. Best case scenario, they may want to become workout buddies! :)

Aw thank you, sometimes I feel like I am never doing enough... 

So true! I have a friend who recently lost a lot ofweight, and is willing to help and be like workout/encouragement. She also has history with disored eating behavior so we try to keep each other in check.

59 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

And even if they don't, hopefully they'll still listen. Don't underestimate the power of rubber ducking! (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rubber ducking)

I LOVE THAT PHRASE NOW! I DIDN'T KNOW IT UNTIL RIGHT NOW!!!

okay, i forgot to make a plan prior to today but here's the day so far:

9/24/18

• Breakfast at 9:30    (It was a bit closer to 10 but still close! And it might not be the healthiest - Nature valley biscuits and fruit snacks, but it's better than nothing)
  • Track breakfast in MFP for sugar content  (I've been doing good on this!)
  • Work 1 hour on Hex Girls
  • Track all other food in MFP to keep tabs on Sugar  (Just gotta remember to track supper/dinner then I've done this)
  • 10 squats
  • 20 Wall slides
  • 20 wall push ups
  • :10 sec plank
  • Start editing 2nd section if not too tired.
  • Like 1

Awesome, I'm glad you have friends that are on the same page in regards to health and wellness. That can make a huge difference!

1 hour ago, X-23 said:

Speaking of, I tried a ropes obstacle course the other day, even though I'm at my biggest/unfit and terrified of heights. I completed 3 or 4 of the obstacles then got royally stuck in the 5th and had to have two of the workers help me out. #embarassing But hey I tried it!!!

That's really cool! Too bad that you got stuck, but good on you for trying anyway! You could come back to it in a few months and see your progress. :D

1 hour ago, X-23 said:

I feel like I'm making progress and it's a good feeling. Even though it's small, it's still something. 

Yes! Small steps get you where you want to go. :)

• Like 1

9/24/18

• Breakfast at 9:30    (It was a bit closer to 10 but still close! And it might not be the healthiest - Nature valley biscuits and fruit snacks, but it's better than nothing)
  • Track breakfast in MFP for sugar content  (I've been doing good on this!)
  • Track all other food in MFP to keep tabs on Sugar  (Just gotta remember to track supper/dinner then I've done this)
  • 10 squats
  • 20 Wall slides
  • 20 wall push ups
  • Start editing 2nd section if not too tired.

Squating parallel is so much harder than I remember... lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, X-23 said:

Speaking of, I tried a ropes obstacle course the other day, even though I'm at my biggest/unfit and terrified of heights. I completed 3 or 4 of the obstacles then got royally stuck in the 5th and had to have two of the workers help me out. #embarassing But hey I tried it!!!

Wow! Good for you that you tried it! You have a lot of courage! That's really a mindset that'll set you up for success!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Jett said:

Yeah, isn't it?! Makes my poor legs hurt for days...

Awesome job on the workout! :D

I learned how to do squats wrong... I never knew what parallel meant until coming on here!!!

13 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Wow! Good for you that you tried it! You have a lot of courage! That's really a mindset that'll set you up for success!

Thank you !!! :D

So last night , I had an episode of binge eating. I realized it's likely because I stayed too far under calories for two or three days. I also probably haven't been drinking enough water. I do have problems with disordered eating and for the last year it's been binge eating. If anyone has advice/tips/etc on that that'd be great. I also logged 80% of what I ate yesterday, but forgot the last parts of my binge...

9/25/2018

• Eat Breakfast at 9:30  AM  -- slept in too late and didn't eat until 12:30
  • Track breakfast in MFP for sugar content  I did remember to track what I at though!
  • 10 Squats
  • 20 Wall Slides
  • 20 Wall Push Ups
  • :10 Sec plank 
  • Work 2 hours on Section 2
  • Track all other food in MFP

1 hour ago, X-23 said:

So last night , I had an episode of binge eating. I realized it's likely because I stayed too far under calories for two or three days. I also probably haven't been drinking enough water. I do have problems with disordered eating and for the last year it's been binge eating. If anyone has advice/tips/etc on that that'd be great. I also logged 80% of what I ate yesterday, but forgot the last parts of my binge...

If your trigger is under-eating and dehydration, then it seems like it's extra important for you to get regular, filling meals. Try to get lots of fiber (ie beans) for more satiation!

• Like 1

Having only recently started breaking out of constant under then over then under then over eating ... it's super easy for me to get triggered to binge.

I am surviving off food pantries right now so beans are about the only option I have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Then, beans it is! :) Try to pair it with some kind of grain or dairy to get all the amino acids you need

Grains I got; I am lactose-intolerant so dairy is out. And I haven't been able to buy any subs for over a month.

9 hours ago, X-23 said:

Grains I got; I am lactose-intolerant so dairy is out. And I haven't been able to buy any subs for over a month.

Ugh, me too. I hate being lactose intolerant. -_- The worst is sneaky butter that you didn't realize was in something until after you ate it...

Potatoes have some of the nutrients that milk (and fortified milk substitutes) have - mainly potassium. If you can get white beans (any variety), they're high in calcium. Both are full of fiber. So if possible, eat some of those in your meals to help feel full and to replace the nutrients you'd get from dairy and its substitutes.

• Like 1

Thanks so much guys for all the info and suggestions.

9/26/18

• Breakfast at 9:30am  - overslept by hours
  • record breakfast in mfp
  • Therapy at 2pm - went yay
  • Work 2 hours on editing section 2  - actually ended up working on it for lik 4.5 hours, and getting to the point that it just needs typed up
  • 10 squats
  • 20 wall slides
  • 20 wall push ups
  • record all food in mfp

• Like 2

So this weekend has been rough and I'm not going to talk much about here just that it has to do with my PTSD and trauma anniversaries.

I did however get Section 2 of the poetry book all edited, just need to type it up. I worked a bit here and there on the Hex Girls project. Have been almost consistently eating some sort of breakfast before 10 AM. I also called the advisor from the college and made an appointment for Monday to fill out financial aid and stuff. 

I just really need to work on the exercises.

• Like 1