Got room for an artificer?

Hello!

I suppose I'll cut to the chase. I'm here because I've been welding for four years now and while I've definitely become stronger than I ever have been working this job, I don't think I can just keep throwing myself at it. Early on I adopted a too-stubborn-to-die attitude towards the physical stress of my profession. I've just seen too many people get hurt because they picked up something wrong or were too fatigued to notice a hazard until they were injured. I'm tired all the time. Between being shipped all over the country, "mandatory overtime", and so on I've neglected my health to hit deadlines and keep going beyond healthy limits. Talk about cart before the horse, I can't rise to the occasion when I'm laid out on the concrete. I've switched jobs now to a smaller shop that's salaried and local so I want to try and get things back under control. I've eaten anything and everything just to keep going but it's started to show over time.

Fortunately I have experience with paleo and during the earlier part of this decade I was able to slim down and keep it off for years. So you don't have to tell me twice. Only problem with that was I didn't feel like strength training was necessary. I've been chubby, I've been thin as a rail, now it's time to see if I can get built.

I've put myself to the hazard plenty of times already so I know I can make this happen. Nothing to it but to do it.

Looking forward to working with you all.

• Like 3