• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zimus

Hands HURT days after deadhanging

Any way to alleviate this?

I did a minute of hanging and my hands and fingers feel cramped, tired and in pain. It hurts to push buttons especially to type, it hurts to pick up my phone even. 

I'm guessing rest, no pc or games, and don't move my hands at all besides light exercises?

probably using bars just for pull-ups and chin-ups. Deadhanging seems kinda extreme for my arms lol

Is this your first time doing deadhangs? If so, what you're feeling is the same sort of delayed on-set muscle soresness (DOMS) that you'd feel in any other muscle group you haven't worked in a while. Grip strength is one of those these things we don't really thing about until we need it.

I recommend soaking your hands in Epson salts dissolved in warm water. Very gently make a loose fist and then release it and stretch your fingers out as far as you can get them in the water. The warm water will help loosen up the muscles. If you can stand the smell, put a VERY light coat of either TigerBalm or camphor on your hands and leave it for a while. These will increase the blood-flow and circulation to your hands. The increased blood flow will help the muscles both relax and heal just a little faster.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:15 PM, Nomad Jay said:

I recommend soaking your hands in Epson salts dissolved in warm water. Very gently make a loose fist and then release it and stretch your fingers out as far as you can get them in the water. The warm water will help loosen up the muscles. If you can stand the smell, put a VERY light coat of either TigerBalm or camphor on your hands and leave it for a while. These will increase the blood-flow and circulation to your hands. The increased blood flow will help the muscles both relax and heal just a little faster.

This is fantastic.

Also, if you do a lot of gripping exercise, try some rubber resistance bands around your fingers for exercises opening your hands back up. The opposing muscles may be getting yanked around a lot by the imbalance.