• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RollingStoney

Stoney starts a Side-Quest

Probs gonna type this up hella quick because I’m going on my phone on my lunch break but I need to get this going :)

I’m changing quests this challenge because I need to work on my sleep hygiene to be able to keep going with the other good habits I’m working on. Until now I’ve just accepted that I’m going to be exhausted my whole life and I’m sick of it.

I’m also adding in some (tiny) skills quests because there are so many things I want to get better at, that I won’t if I don’t make them into habits.

Goals:

1. SLEEP!!

A bit obvious. Gotta get enough

sleep to be a functional human and to stop my anxiety playing funny buggers with my mood. 

a. Put your work / sleep schedule into ICal 

b. Get 8 hours sleep. 

2. Routines - do them

Also kinda obvious. Apparently routines help and I don’t have them. My excuse? Shift work. Terrible excuse

a. Morning:

No mindless phone scrolling while lying in bed

Glass of water upon waking

One single sun salutation / full body dynamic stretch - either while the kettle is boiling or my breakfast warms up in the microwave

b. Evening:

No laptop / TV one hour before bed

Pyjamas / skincare

Meditate using Smiling Mind

3. Skillz

Drawing, playing the Ukulele, and writing are three skills that I want to do better at but are bad at doing consistently. These goals are the smallest of first steps to doing all those things. Daily.

Pick up a pen.

Tune the Ukulele.

Write one word.

4. Life goes on

Still gotta keep up with the other good stuff that I’ve been doing. 5x5 at the gym and tracking my calories on MFP, preferably sticking to slow carb foods but we’ll see.

Keep up previous good habits (gym 2x weekly, tracking food on MFP)

• Like 4

So far so good.

Monday:

Work & Sleep week scheduled.

Slept 8 hours 

Morning routine done 

Evening routine done 

Pen not touched 

Uke not tuned 

words written 

Usual schedule done 

Tuesday

✓ Slept 8 hours

✓ Morning Routine done

✓ Evening routine 3/4 done

✓ Drawing done

Uke tuned

Words not written

✓ usual routine kept

• Like 2

I promise this challenge will be less boring later. Working my 8th shift in 9 days tomorrow and I'm drained. Morning shifts just aren't my jam. I have an instagram for my daily sketches (Stonesfl0w). I learnt the Tetris theme on my uke yesterday. The words I'm writing are about a pair of time-travelling aussie bogans. 

Now you're all caught up.

Friday

Slept 7 hours

Morning Routine not done

Evening routine not done

✓ Drawing done

Uke tuned

Words written

✓ usual routine kept

Yesterday was just not a good day. Slept through my alarm and woke up at 6:30 - the time I was supposed to be at work. That meant my morning routine couldn’t be done because I had to fly out the door and I STILL didn’t get enough sleep. XD then work was just a hard day because I started badly and to top it off I made it home and ended up with what was either gastro or food poisoning. So instead of getting a great night’s sleep I spent the entire night vomiting, or waiting to vomit. But I did draw some cute succulents and wrote some good words and got .1% better at my ukulele so there’s that. 

Saturday 

✗ Slept like, 0 hours

✓ Morning Routine done

✗ Evening routine not done

✓ Drawing done

✗ Uke not tuned

✓ Words written

✓ “usual” routine kept

not a bad effort considering I spent half of the day napping in an attempt to feel better and catch up on some sleep. Still felt a bit like my stomach was going to go on me at any point so I ate very minimal. What a way to spend a weekend :( 

• Like 1

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Can def join in the recovery ward, we'll do puzzles. Or something. Buuuuut SUCCULENTS! AND UKE! (Does tuning it daily help? I got one for my last birthday and haven't really delved into it much. I'm proficient on guitar butttttt...) Anyways, IG followed for all the drawing goodness!!! Meanwhile, feel better!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 12:37 AM, RedStone said:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Can def join in the recovery ward, we'll do puzzles. Or something. Buuuuut SUCCULENTS! AND UKE! (Does tuning it daily help? I got one for my last birthday and haven't really delved into it much. I'm proficient on guitar butttttt...) Anyways, IG followed for all the drawing goodness!!! Meanwhile, feel better!

giphy.gif

It's Wednesday and and I'm almost starting to feel better. I stopped feeling like throwing up long enough to end up with a cold. so boo >.< But I'm nearly over that now too. I hope.

So I figure if I have to at least tune the uke then I pick it up at least once a day. Then if I have it in my hand I will probably practice it? Same with the act of picking up a pen, i I have it in my hand I'm more likely to draw something? That's My thought process to leap-frogging my anxiety of "gotta do all the things every day" - do the very bare minimum and I'll at least accomplish more then doing nothing. 

Sunday

Slept 8 hours

Morning Routine half done

Evening routine half done

✓ Drawing done

Uke not tuned

Words written

✓ usual routine 3/4 kept

v. hard to stick to a routine when your body is revolting on you. Did most of my usual Sunday stuff except for going to the gym. Eating has been hard to do since friday so i've barely eaten and certainly haven't been tracking. 

Monday

Slept 8 hours

Morning Routine 3/4 done

Evening routine half done

✓ Drawing done

Uke not tuned

Words written

✓ usual routine half kept

Probably shouldn't have been at work. Or training. But I was coaching at training so I went long enough to hand over my plan and go home again. Bonus to feeling like crap is I went to bed early and slept quite well. 

Tuesday

Slept 8 hours

Morning Routine half done

Evening routine done

Drawing not done

Uke not tuned

Words not written

usual routine not kept

Felt like pretty good when I woke up and progressively felt worse throughout the day. Made it through work somehow? Got home and napped most of the evening (hence nothing done) and went to bed early and slept pretty well. Despite only being able to breathe through my mouth xD

nz5DWvI.jpg

Week one went well, I felt, despite being unwell for most of it.

Sleep: 6/7

I’ve actually been feeling pretty well rested despite struggling to breathe out my nose most the week. Probably something to do with actually getting 8 hours sleep? 

Morning routine: 5.25 / 7

mostly I forgot to/didn’t make time to stretch. It is a small difference but I like it. It was mostly skipped on the days I got dressed and headed straight to work, instead of having time to have coffee and stretch. 

Evening routine: 6.5 / 7

to be fair I didn’t always use Smiling Mind to meditate but I had a lot less weighing on my mind this week? For whatever reason I just got comfy and fell asleep easily. Yay. 

Drawing: 5/7.

I’m enjoying this, And enjoying the resulta of my constant practice. I might actually be getting better!

Uke: 4/7. I’m getting a little Quicke And cleaner with my chords but havent learnt anything new this week.

Writing: 4/7. Considering I can do this on my Phone I should be doing better at this.

The Usual: 1.5/7. Missed a few gym sessions And didn’t track what I was eating. Tsk. 

I’m back on track today though.

• Like 1

Week 2. Is going well so far. This challenge / month of my life seems to be flying past at an outrageous pace?

Really, really focusing on getting 8 hours sleep and doing things that help that are (unsurprisingly) doing me some good I think. It's been a little harder to stick to my sleep goal when I finish work at 10pm and have to eat and wind down and stuff before going to bed, but it's not thrown me completely out of whack. I did over sleep a little today but that possibly has something to do with Shark Week? There's always one day of my cycle where I am just tired no matter what and I think today is it.

And although not directly related to this challenge, I've dropped to under 72kgs for the first time in a very long time. To be fair part of that was the vomiting from the weekend before last but I'm back to tracking what I'm eating and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I tried a v. low carb meal plan last challenge and it was an interesting way of eating but a little extreme for my tastes, so I'm currently just trying to stick to my MFP goals and eat as little sugar as possible. Which, when you are in a somewhat-sedentary desk job, seems to work quite well. 

• Like 1

(Unsurprisingly) when I get less then 8 hours sleep 3 days in a row and I start to feel like crap. I also neglected my evening routine insofar as forgetting to let go of my phone and my anxiety has kept me awake way longer then it should have.

giphy.gif

So I'll get better at that.

Sunday was WAY too busy for me to make it to the gym but I have no derby training this week due to school holidays so I went today (monday) after work instead and wow, was it busy. So glad I don't normally go at 5pm. I couldn't get to a squat rack because of rush hour so I did Simple and Sinister instead which I'm starting to really enjoy. I did a 12kg turkish get up so that was cool?

Also I found a pair of jeans today that ACTUALLY fit my legs! $2 in an op shop no less! I dunno if I've ever worn a pair of jeans that fit my thighs AND my waist at the same time and don't slip down my butt when I squat to the ground. Not what I was looking for in the op-shop but I'll take it.

• Like 2

Still slacking a bit on my sleep habits (tsk) so I need to get back on that. Also realised my calendar alarm wasn't going off to remind me to just go to bed so that probably would help. I've been a little obsessed with working on my halloween costume / decorations for the halloween roller disco I'm organising which has kept my brain ticking over constantly. Got the day off work today to go to Spotlight and buy a hot glue gun and some fabric to get prepared. And I'm taking part in Inktober for the first time ever so part of my brain is caught up with that too :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RollingStoney said:

And I'm taking part in Inktober for the first time ever so part of my brain is caught up with that too

I'm accidentally doing this. I've been drawing on my whiteboards at work the last couple days when I stall on a problem.