• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

GK debases himself yet further

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

BUT YOU RAN!

Also, running fasted if you're not used to it is a bitch.

Lol. Now you tell me! :P

14 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I think my favorite part is how the guy on the bench just completely ignores her. 

It was an impressive level of concentration.. I would've been the guy at the end, doubled-over laughing at her whilst 'trying' to help.

9 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

right-stop-that-stop-that-its-silly-very

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Oooh, it's a BRUCIE BURPEE BONUS!

yDHus1.gif

KOqepOC.gif

Finished off my workout with 4 sets of 10. No they were not any easier, yes the form on most of them was horrible but I did them dammit!

I also did 4 planks of at least 30 seconds. No idea of the form and not a challenge goal, but damn I'm proud of that 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Oooh, it's a BRUCIE BURPEE BONUS!

yDHus1.gif

KOqepOC.gif

Finished off my workout with 4 sets of 10. No they were not any easier, yes the form on most of them was horrible but I did them dammit!

Boss Gatsby GIF - Boss Gatsby Cheers GIFs

17 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

I also did 4 planks of at least 30 seconds. No idea of the form and not a challenge goal, but damn I'm proud of that 

The Office Rainn Wilson GIF - TheOffice RainnWilson DwightSchrute GIFs

• Like 1

Lost 0.7kg this week which brings me down to 118.1kg. At this rate I'll miss my challenge goal weight but I'll be close enough to be very happy with what I've done. Certainly happier this morning than I was last week.

• Like 1

Eugh. Weekend wasn't great, food-wise. Had ribs and onion rings and mozzarella sticks whilst watching the big fight on Saturday. Last night had very little sleepy and woke up early so am knackered. Have in to temptation at work today and had a couple of cupcakes and some millionaire shortbread. And was not feeling it at the gym at all today; just too tired, felt a little bit unwell and ended up not doing all my sets.

tumblr_obix0sGEM31uiohk2o4_250.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4912355

But burpees don't need a gym.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:45 PM, GodzillaKong said:

Had ribs and onion rings and mozzarella sticks whilst watching the big fight on Saturday. Last night had very little sleepy and woke up early so am knackered. Have in to temptation at work today and had a couple of cupcakes and some millionaire shortbread.

I feel that. I oversnacked yesterday and my run punished me for it.

Proud of myself today. Crappy journey home, I was tired and cranky and did not want to go to the gym, not at all. But I dragged myself in anyway and had a good session. It's days like this that make the difference.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Proud of myself today. Crappy journey home, I was tired and cranky and did not want to go to the gym, not at all. But I dragged myself in anyway and had a good session. It's days like this that make the difference.

This describe every single one of my evenings for the past week and a half, with one important exception: I never made it to the gym.

I am humbled and inspired.

3 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This describe every single one of my evenings for the past week and a half, with one important exception: I never made it to the gym.

I am humbled and inspired.

It helps massively that my gym is on the way home from the train station; going almost right past it on the bus makes it easier on days like this. Absolutely no way that I would have gone had it required a bigger detour like my previous gym.

I don't know why but I'm having a hard time resisting temptation this week. And now there's a charity bake sale in work. How can I resist cakes when it's for Cancer Research? I can't. Not much. So, I repeat...

On 9/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, GodzillaKong said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4912355

4 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

I don't know why but I'm having a hard time resisting temptation this week. And now there's a charity bake sale in work. How can I resist cakes when it's for Cancer Research? I can't. Not much. So, I repeat...

If its for a good cause... *shrug*

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

If its for a good cause... *shrug*

Exactly. You know what sort of person wouldn't eat cake to help cure cancer? A not nice person. Now, if you'll excuse me, a noble cause awaits...

cookie-monster-cookie-history.gif?w=750

5 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Exactly. You know what sort of person wouldn't eat cake to help cure cancer? A not nice person. Now, if you'll excuse me, a noble cause awaits...

cookie-monster-cookie-history.gif?w=750

Now I feel bad for not eating waffles yesterday. Work does it once a month where proceeds get donated to a charity.

Somehow, despite the cakes and tiredness that have ambushed me at various points this week, I have managed to lose a whole 1kg. I'm confused but happy. Clearly what I'm doing is working well enough to forgive the occasional slip up. I just have to make sure that it really is just the occasional slip up, not the start of a trend. Down to 117.1kg overall, with 7.5kg lost since the tail end of July.

• Like 1

Eugh. Not a great couple of days, diet wise. Following Thursdays bake sale, Friday saw one of my work friends leaving his role and, as is traditional, bring in snacks for people to enjoy. Various cheeses, chutneys and pork pies (the good kind, not the horrible cheap crap) and so forth and it was all placed right behind my desk. I didn't have as much as I once would have done, but equally had much more than I should have done. This was compounded by having a kebab after the gym, the result of a mixture of (unusually) poor meal planning, a bus not turning up (leaving me waiting for half an hour, post gym, on a cold September evening) and going on a mini spiral.

This is the sort of thing I need to get better at. I'm already much better at it than I used to be, but I have to get even better. Because if I don't the chances of me slipping into bad old habits permanently are dangerously high. I think this will form the basis of my next challenge.

In isolation, Saturday and Sunday weren't too bad (an extra bowl of cereal here, little bit more butter on toast there) but as part of a 4 day streak, not so good.

On the plus side, I got new trainers for the gym; https://m.reebok.co.uk/reebok-speed-tr-flexweave/CN5499.html

Very excited to try them out today.

sorry to hear about the spiral. it's a tough world out there and we put lots of expectations on ourselves. new sneaks look awesome tho! remind me of my vivobarefoots actually. have fun at the gym!

I don't think it was a full on spiral and it probably wasn't all as bad as I think it is. I think, because I'd been doing so well and I didn't actually do anything this weekend, it probably feels worse than it was.

5 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Those are gorgeous! I want those!

They feel just as nice to wear. Really glad I bought them. Was a bit wary as I have wide feet, so it makes deciding on a size a bit of a lottery sometimes when buying online, but they fit perfectly. I... I think I might have been converted to Reebok full time :o

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

They feel just as nice to wear. Really glad I bought them. Was a bit wary as I have wide feet, so it makes deciding on a size a bit of a lottery sometimes when buying online, but they fit perfectly. I... I think I might have been converted to Reebok full time :o

I do need a new crosstrainer. I've found my running shoes for life, but everything else is hit or miss. I'll have to check them out.

Question.

How do they feel when doing burpees?

Donkey Kong Country Returns DK GIF - DonkeyKongCountryReturns DK Falling GIFs