• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

GK debases himself yet further

On 10/2/2018 at 4:11 PM, Grumble said:

Question.

How do they feel when doing burpees?

Donkey Kong Country Returns DK GIF - DonkeyKongCountryReturns DK Falling GIFs

So they feel pretty good for Burpees. You know, within the limitations of anything feeling good during Burpees. Firmer than what I'm used to and starjumps weren't as comfortable as before but not a massive issue (I think I just need to get used to less cushioning). Overall - and I know it's early days - best gym footwear I've ever had.

• Like 1

Another 0.5kg lost this week, down to 116.6kg. Going to be about a kilo short of my challenge goal weight I reckon, but I'm not too upset by that, that's still progress and really good progress at that. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys :wub: 

Yesterday had myself an impromptu workout. I'd ordered about 50 books from e-bay (pretty good collection for a good price) but the courier wouldn't leave it in a safe place or with a neighbour (because they're awful but that's a rant for another day) so they ended up leaving it at the local post office, about half a mile from home. So I had to carry this parcel, a 30kg cube, wrapped in shrink rap, half a mile home. It was bloody tiring. But I did it. And it inspired me. So today I finished off my session at the gym with some farmers walks with a sandbag. Think this might become a regular thing.

• Like 3

Somehow, whilst doing nothing more strenuous than sitting on the sofa, last night I managed to strain something in my side (ribs, around elbow height, to be more specific). Sleep didn't help much and it's been bothering me all day. No idea if it's something which will wear off after a bath, deep freeze and more sleep or if it might be a bit more serious. Skipped the gym tonight as I didn't think any good will come of it. So this is slightly frustrating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Somehow, whilst doing nothing more strenuous than sitting on the sofa, last night I managed to strain something in my side (ribs, around elbow height, to be more specific). Sleep didn't help much and it's been bothering me all day. No idea if it's something which will wear off after a bath, deep freeze and more sleep or if it might be a bit more serious. Skipped the gym tonight as I didn't think any good will come of it. So this is slightly frustrating.

Getting old is a bitch.

10 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Getting old is a bitch.

Ain't that the truth.

I'm hoping by Friday it'll pass and I'll be up and running* again. Miss not being in the gym.

*Just a saying. Don't get too excited my friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Ain't that the truth.

I'm hoping by Friday it'll pass and I'll be up and running* again. Miss not being in the gym.

Image result for dog zoomies gif

46 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

*Just a saying. Don't get too excited my friend.

TOO LATE!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Rib Update (Ribdate?)

yasssss

2 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Better than yesterday, much better, but it's been more noticeable as the day has worn on. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Not much you can do either way. Hope it's just that last bit of proverbial darkness.

So this week hasn't been great. Not only have I not lost weight, I've put on 0.6kg. Back up to 117.2kg I go. Now, there are a couple of mitigating factors; the better half and I celebrated our anniversary last weekend with a lovely meal out and accompanying alcoholic beverages. I didn't go to the gym on Wednesday. And I haven't had my morning BM before weighing myself today.

I wasnt expectimg to lose much, if any weight  and was even prepared for a small increase. But it's a bit disheartening to put that much back on. But I won't let it stop me. I just need to redouble my efforts.

RIBDATE: Feeling better. Will definitely be at the gym tonight doing... Something. Depends on how the rib feels later today. Could be my full Friday routine, could just be riding the stationary bike. But dammit, I'll be doing something.

8 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

So this week hasn't been great. Not only have I not lost weight, I've put on 0.6kg. Back up to 117.2kg I go. Now, there are a couple of mitigating factors; the better half and I celebrated our anniversary last weekend with a lovely meal out and accompanying alcoholic beverages. I didn't go to the gym on Wednesday. And I haven't had my morning BM before weighing myself today.

I wasnt expectimg to lose much, if any weight  and was even prepared for a small increase. But it's a bit disheartening to put that much back on. But I won't let it stop me. I just need to redouble my efforts.

Don't focus on the scale so much. It tends to lie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

QFT.

There is definitely appeal to seeing tangible and measurable progress in the form of changing numbers on the scale, but if they're not changing the way you want them to, your first thought should be to get a second opinion on your progress from something more reliable. Personally I use the fit of my jeans, but whatever works for you works for you. Just don't trust the scale as your only source of truth in the big Game of Life.

• Like 1

Personally, I look at the trend instead of the individual results.

This is the graph of my weigh-ins these past 8 weeks. It's gone up twice, and by far more than your 0.6 kgs. But that's not important.

Look at the light blue trend line instead.

ScaleTrend.png

Measuring is only useful if you consider it over a longer period of time. Don't focus on individual stats.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Personally, I look at the trend instead of the individual results.

This is the graph of my weigh-ins these past 8 weeks. It's gone up twice, and by far more than your 0.6 kgs. But that's not important.

Look at the light blue trend line instead.

ScaleTrend.png

Measuring is only useful if you consider it over a longer period of time. Don't focus on individual stats.

You're right, of course, and it's definitely one of the things I need to work on. It didn't help that I was feeling bloated and tired so I felt as horrible, if not worse, than the number on the scale. Weighed myself again this morning (after the BM finally arrived) and, for what it's worth, down to 116.7kg and, more importantly, I feel better too.

• Like 1

Challenge wrap up. Let's remind ourselves of what we were going for.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:27 AM, GodzillaKong said:

Overall Goal - get to 115kg or under and stay under.

Physical
1 - Go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
2 - 1 day of cardio a week.
BONUS LEVEL! Do a 4th day a week. 
SUPER BONUS LEVEL! Burpees.

Mental
1 - No chocolate bars, fizzy pop or takeaways.
2 - alcohol only at weekends.
3 - continue to track calories. 
BONUS LEVEL!
Meditation.
SUPER BONUS LEVEL! Burpees. 

So overall I missed my goal by over 1.5kg. Which is a little disappointing but progress was still made, I weigh less than I did at the start of the challenge. Maybe I need to be less ambitious with my loss goals, especially at this time of year.

I managed to get into the gym 3 times a week every week with the exception of this last week due to an unspecified rib area injury. I never quite managed a 4dl day gym week but Burpees were done.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiFNUhP_CzBY2z_p9SQWl

I succumbed once to a takeaway (and the pepsi which I inevitably ordered to wash it down). However, no chocolate bars were consumed and alcohol only at weekends was a solid win. And I even managed a bit of meditation.

All in all, not perfect, but still pretty good. Need to redouble my efforts in some areas and refine what I do in others.

• Like 2