• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Diadhuit

Diadhuit is back!

Sorry for disappearing!

Life has been good to me during summer, but my focus on food went out of the window. Many new adventures have been going on and I was riding the fun wave.

I started the mini-pill and I blame it (and the lack of exercise) for gaining 5kg in 3 months! Ugh! Yet, the strange thing is that while I need to sort it out now, I don't feel guilty about it. I am taking it as progress.

It was few days of me thinking of coming back and yeah! a challenge is about to start!

I will post the challenge soon, as I really want to sit down and plan.

• Like 4

Thank you!!

So the changes in short: I have changed job, my bf (yes, I am still surprised) said the l-word, I'm still looking to buy a house even if probation might be in the way, I might become one of the first female homilist in my catholic parish! Who-hoo!

Time is never enough but I'm back to trying juggling it all up.

I am still doing Blues and balfolk dancing, might add Ceili if I find a group, or maybe swing, or swordfighting. I still walk to work (and Mordor). Work might start yoga.

Food is still a bit difficult with no kitchen access (a flatmate lives in the kitchen/living room, my bf house is hours away); this means I fell off the wagon and need to go for small steps.

Food goals:

No sugars after 1pm (bonus: not at all)

Use ingredients and veggies for weekday lunches (bonus: cook a meal)

Exercise:

Do darebee anywhere abs when I go to the loo at work, I do wall squats once a day. (bonus: I do physio exercises)

Level up:

I do formal pray at lunchtime at work 3/w (bonus: 7/w): mass, lectio, examen, payg, spiritual exercises book all count

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Also a one offs:
Dance at the wedding (well, if there is music it is)
Try swordfighting (this starts now, as it might happen before the official start)

• Like 3

Week 0 full report:
I tried swordfighting! It is so cool!! yet two days later my arm is still sore after 10m holding a wooden sword.

Saturday
I had no sugars, no veggies, no squats done. I did not pray.
Overall I moved a lot (15km + swordfighting + bollywood dancing)but I ate a hungarian greasy pizza and my body didn't like that. Also in the weird way I feel, when my stomach aches I eat more (facepalm!)

Bonus: 1

Sunday
I had sugars at 9pm! No good!
And no veggies, no squats, lectio
Bonus: 1

I am not unhappy with the results as for now.
This week is a bit crazy with events and packing and preparing for the wedding in Romania!
I.am.so.tired.already!

• Like 3

So a million years ago (okay maybe 17) I use to do reneactment/Larp so I was running around with a padded sword and shield. So I know that "Okay, my arm hurts" feeling. The one thing is that in a few weeks if you keep it up, it goes away and you can get really toned arms. In fact, that was when I was in the best shape of my life because the running swinging and fighting is a real full body workout. Only exercise I ever enjoyed. The local group is no longer fun, so I can't go back, but I am glad to have done it.

I am so glad you had fun with the swordfighting. I am sure you will have a blast at the wedding, even if its going to be a bit more crazy getting there.

I am listening, sorry I haven't been responding, life threw a curveball.

Yaaaaay Diadhuit is back! Congrats on your boyfriend!!!!! And all the other changes, it sounds like you're very busy! Good luck with everything, you got this! 
Thank you! I have to say, we are nearly 4 months in and I'm still surprised! I'm surprised that I'm attracted to him (ehm, grey-ace here. He is the first I have ever been attracted to in 34y) and that he accepts me for my quirks. Obviously I am in love with a nerd!

• Like 2

So a million years ago (okay maybe 17) I use to do reneactment/Larp so I was running around with a padded sword and shield. So I know that "Okay, my arm hurts" feeling. The one thing is that in a few weeks if you keep it up, it goes away and you can get really toned arms. In fact, that was when I was in the best shape of my life because the running swinging and fighting is a real full body workout. Only exercise I ever enjoyed. The local group is no longer fun, so I can't go back, but I am glad to have done it.

I am so glad you had fun with the swordfighting. I am sure you will have a blast at the wedding, even if its going to be a bit more crazy getting there.

I am listening, sorry I haven't been responding, life threw a curveball.

It was just a free workshop I did because my bf is into hema (but he did not even try... eye-rolling)
I could slip that in on Fridays, but I need to see if I can afford it (I committed to two to four dancing evenings per week). I think I can, but I am meeting my bank advisor tomorrow... I shall see.
I so wish I could do this with my bf... he probably cannot afford it though... I could give him a month as a birthday gift, I'm just afraid he would not be happy... subtle interrogation is needed!

• Like 3

Maybe look into if there are any like larp groups in your area. Many times they are cheaper and its mostly how much money you want to put in. I would suggest a couple, but I don't know if they are outside the US.

Hopefully the advisor thing goes well. I am so amazed at how much you are fitting into your day. And I am so happy to hear you being so positive. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Maybe look into if there are any like larp groups in your area. Many times they are cheaper and its mostly how much money you want to put in. I would suggest a couple, but I don't know if they are outside the US.

Hopefully the advisor thing goes well. I am so amazed at how much you are fitting into your day. And I am so happy to hear you being so positive. Keep up the good work.
That is interesting... I couldn't find one, but I can keep trying!

No dancing at the wedding (very strict religion theirs) yet we had so much fun! It was really a good time.

The new one off is to go to the GP for sleep apnea and flying fear.

Week 1 was ups and downs:
4/8 no sugar in the afternoon
4/9 no sugar in the morning (bonus)
6/6 vegetables for lunch
0/6 cooked (bonus)
4-5/6 anywhere abs (can't remember if I did it last wed!)
3/9 squats
0/9 physio (bonus)
3/9 prayer

200km away from Rauros, my calendar wanted me there already (but my plan was too tight and I knew it)
Not really great, yet I'm content, as this is a small step toward a good direction.
I found out that my todo gets stuck when items are to do at home.
And I think that's what stops me from physio and cooking... it's done at home! Ideas on overcoming my will to stay away from home?

• Like 2

Okay, so you did okay, not great but it is better than nothing.

Could  you do the physio at a park or somewhere else? I know it may seem a bit weird, but think of it as a way to enjoy nature. As for the cooking, do  you have a friend you could try doing a weekly cook with and you get to spend time with them and cook. Then everything is made and you can microwave and ready to eat.

I am glad you had such a good time at the wedding.

Thanks for checking on me, I am trying to disappear again :(
I am doing great with life, but very bad with challenge and health.
I gained other 3kg and it is very scary! I am moving less because I am always tired, I am cranky and nervous for no real reson.
Ah, Autumn! You always play with my mind!
I have observed closely my eating and consequences. I think I am not drinking enough. By far. And this prompts me to eat more salty things.
I also eat too much sugar, but not sure why as sometimes I have sweets next to me. and don't care for them, other times I go nuts and buy and overeat sweets. I am looking for a connection with stress or overwork (when my brain is overused I need sugars), but not sure about it.
And strangely I crave prawns... I could have prawns for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks inbetween!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Thanks for checking on me, I am trying to disappear again :(
I am doing great with life, but very bad with challenge and health.
I gained other 3kg and it is very scary! I am moving less because I am always tired, I am cranky and nervous for no real reson.
Ah, Autumn! You always play with my mind!
I have observed closely my eating and consequences. I think I am not drinking enough. By far. And this prompts me to eat more salty things.
I also eat too much sugar, but not sure why as sometimes I have sweets next to me. and don't care for them, other times I go nuts and buy and overeat sweets. I am looking for a connection with stress or overwork (when my brain is overused I need sugars), but not sure about it.
And strangely I crave prawns... I could have prawns for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks inbetween!

Dehydration is a pretty nasty beast, and in my experience you usually don't even realize you aren't drinking enough until you're very dehydrated. 

I think sugar tends to be a bit of a comfort food. When feeling stressed or down, eating it can help us feel better. So a lot of people automatically reach for it, even if it's something you would normally have little interest in. 

• Like 1

I totally get the "I am using my brain too much, I need sugar" thing. I tend to do it too. Good luck getting back on track. Can you start trying to reach for like dried fruit instead of sugar? I know we have been on a small "Dried pineapple wedges" kick lately and its sweet but not as bad for you.

• Like 1

Dehydration is a pretty nasty beast, and in my experience you usually don't even realize you aren't drinking enough until you're very dehydrated. 

So true! And I forget to drink even with a glass on my desk :( I am saying at least 4 (big) glasses at work, yet I'm getting only 2 sometimes and I wonder why the hadache, doh!

I think sugar tends to be a bit of a comfort food. When feeling stressed or down, eating it can help us feel better. So a lot of people automatically reach for it, even if it's something you would normally have little interest in. 

I totally get the "I am using my brain too much, I need sugar" thing. I tend to do it too. Good luck getting back on track. Can you start trying to reach for like dried fruit instead of sugar? I know we have been on a small "Dried pineapple wedges" kick lately and its sweet but not as bad for you.

Sugars are a real weakness... especially because my brain uses a lot of glucose. I feel the sugar craving after the deep thinking. I will use dried fruit, it looks a very good tip, thanks!

For now:
4/21 no sugar in the afternoon
5/22 no sugar in the morning (bonus)
14/15 vegetables for lunch
4/15 cooked (bonus)
6-7/15 anywhere abs
3/22 squats
2/22 physio (bonus)
13/22 prayer

My spiritual guide suggested that I need to look at the needs of my body, because I had two 'crisis' when I was tired and hungry... when she pointed that out I was oooh, that's so obvious!!

I am noticing that I am having sugary breakfasts, followed by a tiny lunch, and then I binge... yep! I need more nutritious food, not less...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I am noticing that I am having sugary breakfasts, followed by a tiny lunch, and then I binge... yep! I need more nutritious food, not less...

So looking at this statement, what is one thing to change not "I will eat better ALL THE TIME," but like I want to cut the sugar at breakfast in half or I will eat a veggie (slightly larger, more protien, whatever) at lunch. And then go from there.

And I can crash a bit when I havent' eaten and get all "funky" I either get stupid tired and can't stay awake or really emotional. Its annoying.

• Like 1

So looking at this statement, what is one thing to change not "I will eat better ALL THE TIME," but like I want to cut the sugar at breakfast in half or I will eat a veggie (slightly larger, more protien, whatever) at lunch. And then go from there.

And I can crash a bit when I havent' eaten and get all "funky" I either get stupid tired and can't stay awake or really emotional. Its annoying.

And sorry, I disappeared again!
Life is hectic, mostly good hectic, but people close to me have been real sick, so also a bit of bad sick.

Thanks Bean, you transform my rambles in challenges! What a treasure you are!

I sucked quite a bit this challenge with
7/26 (8/27 bonus) no sugars
16/18 veggies
(4/18 cooked, bonus)
6 or 7/19 anyhwere abs
3/28 squats
(3/28 physio, bonus)
15/28 prayer

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, Diadhuit said:

Thanks Bean, you transform my rambles in challenges! What a treasure you are!

I just hope I can help in some small way. Good luck next challenge

I just hope I can help in some small way. Good luck next challenge
You always do, even when I don't want to hear it! are you my mom?
Thank you so much for all you do!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, Diadhuit said:

You always do, even when I don't want to hear it! are you my mom?
Thank you so much for all you do!

I don't think I have any kids your age.. but then again, I have a sister/daughter who is 3 years younger than me and calls me mom sometimes.