Maigs: Hmm...This Looks Familiar

Maigs

Saturday

Eat like a reasonable human being

Had my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch. By 4pm I was STARVING. I tried getting by-the-slice pizza but NEITHER pizza places by me had plain cheese pizza. How can you not have plain cheese pizza?! So I went to Taco Bell and got two black bean burritos. And one of the pizza places I tried was inside a gas station where I bought a small thing of cookies. Another reasonable indulgence, especially since I put in nine hours of work on a Saturday. Having fast food and cookies in the same day probably disqualifies it from being "reasonable" but I don't regret it today

Calories: 1600

Grade: B

Stretch Daily

Ummmmm.....I'll go do that as soon as I'm done posting....

Quit being over-caffeinated

Appropriate amounts of caffeine consumed

Running

Didn't run again. I worked from 9am-2pm, came home for a couple of hours for quality time with Hubs and a short nap, then back to work from 4-8pm. By the time I was home it was completely dark. I did however play Beat Saber this morning and evening and it's a great way to rack up tons of "steps" on the Fitbit :) I'm at over 12k for the day. I finally found a video game I enjoy and am actually decent at. I enjoy old Gauntlet games for the PS2 but I'm an admitted button masher on them

• Like 3

Sunday

Had my normal breakfast. Had a late lunch of grocery store sushi and spring rolls. Then we had some friends over for a board game night and I made bean dip. I had a little more of that than I maybe should have but stopped before feeling uncomfortable. I also ate an oatmeal cream pie which I don't regret except it wasn't as good as I was hoping

Calories: No clue

Stretch Daily

….Nope

Running

No running. I did play more Beat Saber which makes my Fitbit think I'm running :) I really want to do the intervals tonight but I need to rent a Rug Doctor and clean my rugs because they reek of dog (which is part of the reason I haven't stretched the last couple of days

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Happy last week!

Thanks! It's going to be a crazy week. I've barely had time to breathe the last day and a half

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Sounds like you've been finding a decent balance with food lately - well done!

Wish I could say the same for yesterday. It wasn't horrible but between being crazy busy at work and dealing with the poor Floof I was not making the best decisions yesterday. More on that in my update to come

Monday

Had my normal breakfast. Went home at lunch and ate some leftover chips and bean dip. Was feeling hangry so I got a slice of cheese pizza and a small thing of peanut M&M's. Dinner was crockpot chili mac (experiment, not bad, but not great). I stuck to one bowl but also bought a two pack of reeses peanut butter cups and ate those. Could have been much worse, but was not "eating reasonably" either

Grade: B-

Stretch Daily

….Nope

Running

No running.

Floof chronicles:

Spoiler

So in the last month I switched Floof's food and started him on glucosamine pills. Lately he's been having allergy issues and I'm not sure if it's one of those changes or just the time of year. He's been super itchy and his ears are somewhat infected which happens to the poor guy once or twice a year anyway. But also this weekend he peed on the rug, which he never does and it smelled so strong I think he might have had an urinary tract issue or something. So yesterday I rented a rug doctor and went over it 4 or 5 times and I could still smell it when I got close. So I tried the vinegar and baking soda tip I read (which is when I bought the peanut butter cups, I needed more baking soda). It still smells when you get really close, but hopefully that will dissipate. If not it's a rug and we can replace it, not a huge issue.

I also realized when I went to give him his ear drops that he had a ton of icky build-up so I had the fun task of trying to clean out my dog's ears. Not fun or easy when you're dealing with a 75lbs dog with super hairy ears. Hubs helped keep him still and I got the worst of it out, but was not in the mood to do anything else productive so I played on my phone and went to bed early without stretching or running.

I stopped the glucosamine pills to see if the allergy stuff goes away. I'm really hoping it's not the food because I finally found a good quality food that doesn't have poultry (damn dog is allergic to poultry!) that isn't $55/24lbs. I changed that first and he seemed okay until right after I started the glucosamine so hopefully the food is okay

So yeah, between that and crazy busy trying to wrap up stuff at work I don't forsee this week being full of great health and fitness decisions. But next week I'll have no excuse!

• Like 4

Tuesday

Had my normal breakfast. Went home at lunch and ate some leftover chili mac. It kept me from rage eating something worse but it was not enjoyable. I almost grabbed some junk food from the grocery store when I dropped of the carpet cleaner but decided to wait and get it from the convenience store across from work if I wanted it later. Then was too busy to go later. After work I was dealing with unnamed feels (possibly anxiety) and wasn't in the mood to do much of anything. We ended up getting Chinese for dinner. Hubs and I both immediately put half our meals away for leftovers, but we got a full order of ragoons so we each had four. And I had a fudgcicle for dessert. Definitely could have been worse, I avoided eating candy and soda and only had half my dinner. And I was feeling better by the end of the night

Stretch Daily

….Nope

Running

No running.

Floof's ears are looking better. Not completely better, but improvement from Monday. He got more drops but they didn't need more cleaning. And he seems to be itching himself less. We got the rug outside to air out since it's supposed to be sunny for a few days and I mopped the entire living room (it's an 11'x8' rug so underneath doesn't get mopped often)

• Like 3

Sorry about the floof drama :/ we had a dog with several protein allergies growing up - he would lick his poor itchy paws raw if fed chicken or pork or beef. He ate kangaroo for a while until we figured out he could handle duck.

I hope you figure it out soon!

I'm sad that your chili mac wasn't great... I was just thinking the other day that the is one of the top meals I would eat all the time if there were no consequences!
I sometimes make a cauliflower based version, but while tasty in its own right, it's a pale imitation of the real thing.

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

30 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Sorry about the floof drama :/ we had a dog with several protein allergies growing up - he would lick his poor itchy paws raw if fed chicken or pork or beef. He ate kangaroo for a while until we figured out he could handle duck.

I'm afraid to try duck since I know he can't have chicken or turkey. He'd been on a salmon/sweet potato food but that's so expensive and smells horrible so we just switched him to a vegetarian formula from a brand we used to feed him that's really good but like half the price

Unfortunately poor Floof can't catch a break. I was checking out his ears last night and found a freaking tick! I thought ticks were done by this time of year! I called the vet and they didn't seem to concerned and just told us to use rubbing alcohol to encourage it to detach. Hubs accidentally killed it by either alcohol poisoning or squeezing too hard with the tweezers before it detached so we just had to get out the bits as best as we could and need to keep an eye on the spot for a while. So the poor guy has been thoroughly traumatized this week from us messing with his ears and it's not over yet.

At least yesterday was nice and cool so after dealing with the tick we took him for a nice walk that he apparently needed because he was still full of energy by the end when he's been slowing down lately.

36 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

I'm sad that your chili mac wasn't great... I was just thinking the other day that the is one of the top meals I would eat all the time if there were no consequences!
I sometimes make a cauliflower based version, but while tasty in its own right, it's a pale imitation of the real thing.

I can make a tasty version easily enough, I was just hoping to find more crockpot meals since I'll be working at least an hour later in the evenings with the new job

• Like 1

Wednesday

Had my normal breakfast. Boss took the team out for lunch at my favorite burger place as a farewell to me. I got what was basically a burger with a cinnamon roll on top, fries around it, and chili poured over it all. Sounds odd but it is amazing. I ate about 2/3's of it and took the rest home for dinner. One of my coworkers made SIX DOZEN chocolate chip cookies (2 dozen unbaked cookie dough balls and 2 dozen baked for me to take home and 2 dozen to share at the office). So of course I ate too many cookies. Dinner was the leftovers from lunch and a couple more cookies. If I'd eaten about 5 less cookies it would have been a reasonable day :)

Spoiler

This burger place is my favorite because they do such odd burgers (menu here). I knew Boss would struggle a bit because she is one of the pickiest eaters I've ever met. After making faces at the menu for like 10 minutes (we got there before the others) she ordered a "plain burger, swiss cheese, and NOTHING ELSE". Even the two older women who aren't particularly adventurous tried (and seemed to enjoy) things off the menu. One got the Raspberry Beret (my other favorite) which surprised me. I just saw her walk by with the leftover container so she liked it enough to have the rest for lunch today

Stretch Daily

….Nope. I promise I'll get back to this soon. My last week of work combined with Floof drama is taking up all my spoons

Running

No running. I promise I'll get back to soon too

• Like 3

Thursday

Ate my normal breakfast plus a cookie or two. Coworker brought in banana bread and there were still cookies from Wednesday so I grazed on those through the day. Not a ridiculous amount, but not a reasonable amount either. Ate more cookies at home but wasn't hungry for a read dinner so the entirety of my food for the day was oatmeal, banana bread, and cookies. Overall calories may not have been too bad, but I need more real food. I finished off the last of the first dozen of cookies today and the rest are staying in the freezer to hopefully be ignored for a while

Grade: C

Stretch Daily

….Nope

Running

No running. But I did play 90 minutes of Beat Saber which my fitbit recorded as aerobic activity with a 550 calorie burn :) Twice I made it to 5:20-5:30 in Dragonforce's TTFF (look it up, it's insane) when the previous record was 1:50

• Like 3

Friday

Skipped my normal breakfast because I knew Trevor was gonna bring donuts. Had a delicious peanut butter cup donut (anyone surprised?). Ate my leftover Chinese from the other day for lunch, then later had a blueberry donut. After work Hubs took me out to celebrate my last day on the job. We went to a hole in the wall we'd been to once before. We learned our lesson from last time where I was more uncomfortably full than I'd been in a long time and we just got two appetizers to share, onion rings and "waffle fries nachos" (waffle fries with bbq sauce, queso, jalapenos and pulled pork (on the side). I kinda wanted ice cream too but resisted

Grade: B-

Stretch Daily

….Nope

Running

No running....but (to be continued)

• Like 2

Saturday

Ate my normal breakfast. I managed to not go grocery shopping all week so we got Chinese for lunch. We each got lunch specials which are a reasonable amount of food. Then I finally went grocery shopping so I have stuff to cook. Wasn't really hungry for dinner but was munchie so I ate a jumbo peanut butter cup I bought the other day (for some reason....) but hadn't eaten yet, then a small bag of Lays chips

Stretch Daily

YES! Finally got back at it.

Appropriate amounts of caffeine consumed.

Running

YES! I needed to get back out an run so even though it was chilly (50's) and misty I went for my "long run", 10 minutes at 12:30-13:00/mile pace (haven't synced my running watch to see what it actually came out to be). Then played another 90 minutes of Beat Saber for an additional 500 calorie burn according to my Fitbit :)

Ongoing

My plan for the next two weeks off is to stick to these same goals but add in the BBWW 3 times a week. I have plenty of time to work it in and hopefully I can make it stick when I start working again. I'm also thinking of dropping down my caffeine again as of Monday. That would put me at one drink a day. I may wait another week though, we'll see.

• Like 3
On 9/18/2018 at 10:09 AM, Maigahane said:

I found out this weekend that we will not be doing the Tough Mudder at the end of the month. The friend we were going to go see and run it with is getting sent on a work trip so we'll have to reschedule it

And it's a good thing we decided to reschedule the race this weekend anyway, it got cancelled due to rain. They shut down early today and cancelled tomorrow.

On 9/30/2018 at 4:52 AM, Maigahane said:

YES! I needed to get back out an run so even though it was chilly (50's)

50s are a really good temperature to go running in :) it feels chilly to start but it'll soon warm up as you get moving. 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

12 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

50s are a really good temperature to go running in :) it feels chilly to start but it'll soon warm up as you get moving. 

I could have used about 5 more degrees, my fingers were just a tad cold :)

20 hours ago, Xena said:

Congrats on getting out of your workplace!!!

And good work getting back out for a run :-)

Thanks! On both counts :D

Sunday

Hubs made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. We did light sandwiches and salad for lunch. Then a friend came over and we gamed (board and VR) and hung out until way later than expected. I made peanut butter udon for dinner and had more pretzels than I probably should have. Overall not bad, though I should have more self control with open bags of snacks. Luckily Hubs was on point and took them away before I mindlessly ate them all

Stretch Daily

Err...nope.

Appropriate amounts of caffeine consumed.

Running/BBWW

Nope. Sunday is my planned rest day

Today I have a heck of a migraine and a slightly upset stomach. Not sure what caused either besides being off routine (home...on a Monday?!). If the migraine goes away I'll go out for intervals

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Maigahane said:

biscuits and gravy for breakfast

This is never a bad thing.

• Like 1

Level 47 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This is never a bad thing.

Yup, once a week or so biscuits and gravy are a great treat and now that we eat a reasonable amount (2 biscuits each) it's not even a huge indulgence

Monday

It was my first day of "unemployment", but just felt like another weekend day because Hubs took the day off with me. Not complaining at all though. I kinda like the guy. Unfortunately my body decided it wasn't happy for some reason and I ended up with a migraine after lunch that took two rounds of excedrine, a hot shower, and a nap to go away, then an upset stomach that took a nap and soup to feel better. I was fine after dinner though and played some more Beat Saber in the evening. That game is seriously addictive.

I ordered a new scale that had great reviews for accuracy because mine was driving me crazy with it's 3-5lbs swings. These weren't normal body weight fluctuations, I can handle those. But I would step on the scale multiple times in the morning and it would give me different numbers each time. So now I have a new scale that so far gives me the exact same number each time I step on it in the mornings.

Had my normal breakfast. For lunch we made sandwiches (mulit-grain sandwich thins and deli meat/"meat") and a small bag of chips each. Dinner was corn chowder and I had two bowls. I really kinda wanted ice cream, but instead I took 2 of the cookies my coworker made me out of the freezer and ate those once they thawed. Unfortunately MFP won't let me log in and I don't know how many calories are in my meals without it so I'm not sure on the calories for the day. But I think I was in a reasonable range

Grade: A

Stretch Daily

Yuppers. Did some stretching and foam rolling. I managed to get a nasty knot in my shoulder from the VR (apparently I hunch over) so I rolled that out. Then I attempted to roll my calves out and holy cow that is painful. Does it ever stop being painful? My shoulder feels better at least :)

I only had one caffeine yesterday. I wasn't sure if I was going to make the cut this week or not, but I guess I am. It needs done so now I'm on 1 a day

Running/BBWW

Nope. Between having Hubs home all day and the migraine I couldn't work up the motivation to go. But I'm already dressed to head out for a run this morning, I was just waiting for the sun to come out.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Evicious said:

You are hanging in there, and I'm super-impressed with how you keep pushing through all the stress! What's your secret?

Not much of a secret. Just from this page....

On 9/22/2018 at 9:24 PM, Maigahane said:

I bought a small thing of cookies.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:39 AM, Maigahane said:

I also ate an oatmeal cream pie

On 9/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, Maigahane said:

I got a slice of cheese pizza and a small thing of peanut M&M's. ........ also bought a two pack of reeses peanut butter cups and ate those.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:08 AM, Maigahane said:

We ended up getting Chinese for dinner.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:46 PM, Maigahane said:

I ate too many cookies. Dinner was the leftovers from lunch and a couple more cookies.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:29 AM, Maigahane said:

Coworker brought in banana bread and there were still cookies from Wednesday so I grazed on those through the day. ......... Ate more cookies at home

On 9/29/2018 at 10:43 PM, Maigahane said:

Had a delicious peanut butter cup donut (anyone surprised?). Ate my leftover Chinese from the other day for lunch, then later had a blueberry donut.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:52 PM, Maigahane said:

I ate a jumbo peanut butter cup

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

I took 2 of the cookies my coworker made me out of the freezer and ate those once they thawed

• Haha 1