• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Is Totally Clutch

Recommended Posts

On 10/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

so happy for you!

 

Thank you my lovely!  <3 <3 <3

 

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

This looks like progress of the good kind. :)

 

So yesterday was a little weird because of the endoscopy - the day was pretty much shot and I slept and watched movies and it was fine. But CC (from here on in, much easier than typing Coach Christina), is big on the idea of committing to eat more in order to binge less. There's almost an iifym element to it, minus a super specific macro goal, but for now, tracking is letting me have the things I like along side the things I need so I'm physically and emotionally satisfied and won't need to go overboard at the end of a tough day etc (overboard for me that means 1+ bottle of wine and/or a binge and purge.) She calls it "dietary relief" AKA moderately and regularly including the things I like and often put on the "bad foods" list. 

 

_____

 

Meanwhile, I'm getting stoked for Zero week, and starting to write up my plans. I want to pull the reigns on some big abstract stuff and zero in on how I spend my time every day. (I'm going away for a wedding this weekend and want to have it more or less sorted before I get back on Monday night!) Key factors are NOT taking on too much, and putting a lot of focus on the small little tidbits of my day. 

 

In terms of this challenge in particular, it's actually not as much of a tank as I thought. The last month, maybe 2 months has been a huge emotional roller coaster for me, and of course it's easy to see the bad stuff in all that, but truly, when I go down the list bit by bit...

 

5X per week - Morning routine - pretty much the top priority atm)

     -Water

     -Meditate

     -Movement (yoga flow or 

     -Handstands

     -<2 Cups coffee

I hit this 5/7 without thinking about it - Meditate isn't always, but the routine in general is there

 

3X per week - Lift

(I'd like to try getting back to 4+*)

Yes

 

1X per week - 1+ hour walk

Most of the time, yes indeed

 

1X per week - Metcon sesh

Eh, I've been doing some. Probably hit 4 this challenge so that's probably a win

 

3X per week - study

This is the one that's really tanking. 

 

1X per week - Selfies (I need to look myself in the face again.)

Yes

 

Nutrition Goals (and training*) TBD after hearing from Coach Christina. 

Yes.

 

So I think I'll leave it at that. 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedStone said:

She calls it "dietary relief" AKA moderately and regularly including the things I like and often put on the "bad foods" list. 

I am such a big proponent of this, and honest to pete, I only really started to see how well this works, THIS challenge.    I tracked my food, and without any sort of feeling deprived during the days, or hungry, it was allowing me to have a moderate amount of the snacks I loved on gaming nights.  (Of which there are 2-3 a week!)    Knowing I can have my beloved Jewel Cookies every time I game (so long as I keep it to 1-2) suddenly made me not have to have 10 of them on the days I decided to 'frak it'.

 

I'm excited for you to get into this groove too!  And it sounds like you already are!     Super proud of you girl.  

You continue to be an all star inspiration for me.

 

I'll get on board with that selfie challenge next go around too.  

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedStone said:

There's almost an iifym element to it, minus a super specific macro goal, but for now, tracking is letting me have the things I like along side the things I need so I'm physically and emotionally satisfied and won't need to go overboard at the end of a tough day etc (overboard for me that means 1+ bottle of wine and/or a binge and purge.) She calls it "dietary relief" AKA moderately and regularly including the things I like and often put on the "bad foods" list. 

 

Just piping in to say how much this  method has helped me. Though my macros are more of a ballpark than worrying about hitting it exactly. Tracking is teaching me how to leave room for treats. Also helping me not to be so worried about the bad food that I get into a cycle of undereating, and then getting so hungry I say screw it, and eat all the foods

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Just piping in to say how much this  method has helped me. Though my macros are more of a ballpark than worrying about hitting it exactly. Tracking is teaching me how to leave room for treats. Also helping me not to be so worried about the bad food that I get into a cycle of undereating, and then getting so hungry I say screw it, and eat all the foods

 

Tooootally. One of the first things I had to do was set my overall cal count unreasonably high (it's actually not that unreasonable but I don't get stressed seeing only 500 cals left etc), and it's been helping me to track retroactively rather than doing it through the day or ahead of time - when I was doing that I was looking at the whole picture saying to myself okay, I need to have this because I already had that. This time around it's mostly observant, especially in the realm of - dang I ate what I normally eat and I'm <1000 at 5pm. No bueno. For the most part I'm generally pretty consistent, so there you have it!

 

16 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I am such a big proponent of this, and honest to pete, I only really started to see how well this works, THIS challenge.    I tracked my food, and without any sort of feeling deprived during the days, or hungry, it was allowing me to have a moderate amount of the snacks I loved on gaming nights.  (Of which there are 2-3 a week!)    Knowing I can have my beloved Jewel Cookies every time I game (so long as I keep it to 1-2) suddenly made me not have to have 10 of them on the days I decided to 'frak it'.

 

I'm excited for you to get into this groove too!  And it sounds like you already are!     Super proud of you girl.  

You continue to be an all star inspiration for me.

 

I'll get on board with that selfie challenge next go around too.  

 

 

Uuuuuggggghh I loooove that!!! So happy you're finding your way around the gaming night conundrum! I know thats been a tough event to navigate food wise. For me we have a new rule at home - there must ALWAYS be ice cream in the freezer. (Mr Red does late night ice cream and when I go to get my modest spoonful it's always gone!) But now I'm *ahem* training him to pick up pints and the result is that we have different flavors, and I'll have some whenever I want, sometimes it's just a spoonful and I'm good, other times I'll have a serving... but I haven't binged since it started. It's just always there and available :D 

 

So I'm doing SGT in a few weeks to help tackle the "frak it" of which you speak. I assume it's more of the same... hopefully lots of great tools and stuff. Will report back!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I AM 100% ON BOARD FOR ANY PLAN WHERE THERE IS ALWAYS ICE CREAM IN THE FREEZER.

 

(I eat ice cream 80% of days. And yes, sometimes it's a little, sometimes it's more. :D) 

 

Excited for you, girl. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now