• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM and the Veritable Smorgasbords

Woo!!! Totally here for you, and love the idea of doing things that make you feel good when you do them (something I will hopefully successfully embrace).

Also, welcome back from the wedding (I know I'm late, but I basically disappeared for a challenge). Hope it was an absolute blast!!

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

you know, i WISH my family would tell me their holiday plans this far in advance. we have to usually just wait around and keep those days open :angry:

UGH this is so my family about everything. I live an hour away and I don't do last minute social things because social things take psyching myself up and, well, that takes time! 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 7:31 PM, MikeW said:

Woo!!! Totally here for you, and love the idea of doing things that make you feel good when you do them (something I will hopefully successfully embrace).

Also, welcome back from the wedding (I know I'm late, but I basically disappeared for a challenge). Hope it was an absolute blast!!

thanks, welcome back! it WAS an absolute blast :D 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:21 PM, scalyfreak said:

I don't miss fall or winter. Raking leaves and shoveling snow are very high on my list of Things I Hate To Do.

luckily i've had very little shoveling and almost no raking in my lifetime since I rent and all of that has always been taken care of for me. but i really do not like the cold. i will take gross and sweaty over cold any day.

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

UGH this is so my family about everything. I live an hour away and I don't do last minute social things because social things take psyching myself up and, well, that takes time! 

seriously! this happens every year, fam. can we get our shit together?

Week 0 – Friday

Self Fall Challenge Day 1

Goblet squats

35x10

30x16

30x15

30x14

Glute bridges

40 secs x3

DB Lunges

30x10

30x14

30x14

Russian twists

15# x40secs

15# x40secs

15# x40secs

Plank

40sec holds x3

DB push press

30x12

30x15

30x16

Pop squats for 60secs

After work I got 2.5 minutes of yoga in before I got distracted by the sunset…

Made chicken and brussels for dinner but burnt the brussels

Week 0 – Saturday

Went “shopping” in my sister’s closet and acquired a ton of new clothes! then grocery shopping, leftovers from brunch, showered and got ready for our cousin’s party. party was good, didn’t overeat but definitely got drunk. Had some great conversations with extended fam and their friends.

Week 0 – Sunday

Baked a zucchini bread for bfasts this week – trying to use up the GF baking mix we were gifted. It came out okay, a bit gritty.

Went out for brunch at a bar within 1min walking distance, definitely worth checking out and will probably be back.

Got through 10 thank you cards, washed and dried a load of laundry (still have to fold), and then cooked up a big package of marinated steak tips we had bought. They. Were. Disgusting. We broiled them and then tried to salvage them by sauteeing them in a cast iron. No luck. I think they were over-marinated to be honest. Too long in the sauce. so we ordered GF pizza and watched a bunch of GBBO. Oh! And also broke open a bottle of rhubarb gin we were gifted. So delicious with ginger beer and lime seltzer.

week 0 scores!

workouts: 5/5

walk: 5/5

restaurant food: 3

yoga: 32.5

giphy-4.gif?w=650

idk what this is but it probably belongs at a fair

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raptron said:

RHUBARB GIN!?!? Love.

mainbottle_rhubarb_018f06bc-2aa3-40a5-a6

our UK friends brought it over! you're welcome to come share a glass :D 

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I'm going to the county fair this weekend. I will be on the lookout.

yesss please do.

the plan.

9/17: abz; yoga (15m); fold laundry; TY cards

9/18: Self Day 3; yoga (10m); TY cards

9/19: Day 4; walk; yoga (20m)

9/20: Day 5; yoga (10m); laundry; TY cards

9/21: Day 7; Nana’s bday dinner

9/22: grocery shopping; ren faire

9/23: TY cards; visit Dad; dinner at friends

You’ll see that I’m skipping a few “days” because those are rest days. for the most part, I’m doing any rest day yoga moves during my yoga time.

Week 1 – Monday

giphy.gif

The mondayest Monday workout:

7.5 minutes of yoga/stretching

mtn climbers

hollow hold

plank

30secs each, 3 rounds

started up the lentil soup when I got home and did another 7.5 mins of yoga to total 15 yesterday. folded laundry but completely forgot about TY cards and my alert didn’t go off when it was supposed to!

workouts: 1/5

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 15

• Like 3

8745445.0.jpg

Week 1 – Tuesday

Self Fall Challenge Day 3

Lateral lunges to curtsy lunges

20x14

20x16

20x16

DB deadlifts

40x12

40x14

40x14

Bent-over DB rows, palms in

40x16

40x11

30x18

DB sit up to press

30x12

30x15

30x16

Superman, 40sec

the above was done in circuits but after the first round my lower back was so fatigued. I cut out the supermans and took it easier for the final 2 circuits.

skaters for 60secs

went home and started up a super easy chicken broccoli alfredo bake. I wish I had a deeper casserole dish to have put more broccoli in there tho! I did steam up extra in the microwave. Got in 10 mins of yoga but AGAIN FORGOT ABOUT THE TY CARDS! I remembered as I was putting melatonin in my mouth. Urg. We did get a couple done this morning.

workouts: 2/5

walk: 0/5

yoga: 25

SO is going out with clients tonight so I’ve got a little bit of a longer yoga sesh planned, a walk with the pup and will have to figure out something for dinner. I’ve got fresh garden tomatoes and already cooked chicken. it’d be great if I had some mozzarella too…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Lateral lunges to curtsy lunges

Were these as terrible as they sound?

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it’d be great if I had some mozzarella too…

giphy.gif

Not mozzarella, but mesmerizing nonetheless..

11 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

They don't seem that awful. I'd rather do those than regular lunges.

11 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Feels GIF - Feels Andysamberg GIFs

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

13 minutes ago, Grumble said:

They don't seem that awful. I'd rather do those than regular lunges.

^what he said. i actually just read an article about one of the reasons lunges probably hurt your knee(s) and it's due to weak hip muscles. the article pointed me to this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zSgFlrsB86wEKAB1oPvEMo5Fuk28zEgI/view?usp=sharing

ETA: regular lunges hurt my knee

giphy.gif

Feels GIF - Feels Andysamberg GIFs

i came across many a mesmerizing cheese gif this morning looking for an applicable fall or faire one... which of course just made me want cheese more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i came across many a mesmerizing cheese gif this morning looking for an applicable fall or faire one... which of course just made me want cheese more.

Fair(e) enough. Speaking of, I found a few of potentially ridiculous items to try this weekend.

Funnel cake burrito

Image result for funnel cake burrito

Caramel Crack Fries

Image result for caramel crack fries

Sugar High

Image result for sugar high ten pound buns

Deep Fried Filet Mignon

Image result for deep fried filet mignon

Which should I attempt?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grumble said:

Fair(e) enough. Speaking of, I found a few of potentially ridiculous items to try this weekend.

Funnel cake burrito

Caramel Crack Fries

Sugar High

Deep Fried Filet Mignon

Which should I attempt?

I was going to ask if there was an option for all of the above. But, I think we'd all prefer that you actually survive.

giphy.gif

Personally I'd take the filet, because filet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week 1 – Wednesday

Self Fall Challenge Day 4

do each move for 20s, rest for 10s:

burpees

bicycle crunches

x4

rest 60s

mtn climbers

bw squats

x4

rest 60s

counter pushups

skaters

x4

went for a lovely and slightly chilly walk, 20mins of stretching/yoga, cooked dinner but didn’t really like it (or I wasn’t hungry for THAT) so I got a pint of ben and jerry’s. watched GLOW which had some great cameos

workouts: 3/5

walk: 7/5

yoga: 45

Week 1 – Thursday

Self Fall Challenge Day 5

40sec for each move, resting 20s after:

DB deadlifts (10# DBs)

Triceps press (10# DB)

Glute bridge march

Lateral lunges to curtsy lunges (10# DB)

DB sit up to press (10# DB)

Rest 60s

x3

Squat thrusts for 60secs

Ended up going out with coworkers and Spouse! I did go home first to take the dog out and make lunches for today. no yoga, laundry, or TY cards were done…

workouts: 4/5

giphy.gif

...tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

went for a lovely and slightly chilly walk,

yeah but fall though, so excited for this weather! Today is the last day of 80 degrees.

hA9FF088C

1 hour ago, Jord said:

yeah but fall though, so excited for this weather! Today is the last day of 80 degrees.

hA9FF088C

i am the weirdo that will prefers hot and humid over cold weather

sweat.gif?w=529

1 hour ago, raptron said:

FALLL CHALLENGEEES. How are you liking these workouts?

i don't dislike them? they're moves that i know and can do. some leave me out of breath and fairly sore which makes my body feel good. and it's a good intermediary before doing a 2x per week running program along with 2-3x per week of big girl weights. i signed up for a november 5K so i figured i should run at some point before that...

• Like 1

ahoy mateys!

Week 1 – Friday

Slept in bc I definitely needed it and then after work rushed around to pick up stuff for my Nana’s bday dinner. no yoga or workout that day.

Week 1 – Saturday

was going to do the Self Day 7 that I missed on Friday but sharks were being super awful. I did 20 mins of yoga instead.

went grocery shopping and then headed down to our ren faire! It was such a perfect weather day for it and we had a blast. Lots of beer and making merry. I ended up not eating a ton of food there (so expensive!) but did have a bit of ham, roasted pecans, and a few french fries. we went out to dinner afterwards and I got a greek lamb burger *thumbs up

Spoiler

also this is us being treasure trolls even though you can't really see the gems in our belly buttons... D: yes we added a sparkle to that last one bc she chose a clear gem :lol:

ZcA2TNqm5aDiv4qe8M7__b6ymwlIigHm6nrjBxy0

and some really awesome GOT costumes! peter won bc dayum. also he had his fucking voice DOWN

7Ku1YYBGcsDq1I0r6beA9hwHaFP-2ect5IKRMLxO

restaurant food: 2

yoga: 65

Week 1 – Sunday

went on a ~4 mile trail walk/hike with a group of friends which was really nice. chilly but we warmed up quick. we went home and did 2 loads of laundry (still have to fold one of them) and banged out another 9 TY cards.

week 1 scores!

restaurant food: 3

yoga: 65

better on yoga but didn't hit all my scheduled workouts. i'm okay with it since i got to go on a nice little hike but will have to push everything back a day. i planned our grocery list but then ended up forgetting things like tissues and milk. wahhh. i'll be making chia pudding with buttermilk tonight... i'll let you all know how THAT goes

• Like 3