• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM and the Veritable Smorgasbords

45 minutes ago, raptron said:

Ummm, buttermilk chia pudding sounds like it could be great.

...Or good be not.

it's very up in the air as i haven't been able to find an example online. but there's buttermilk pudding and chia pudding soooooooo? we'll see!

• Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 8:44 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

it's very up in the air as i haven't been able to find an example online. but there's buttermilk pudding and chia pudding soooooooo? we'll see!

Definitely want this recipe.

Also Re: trolls. Hair is not high enough. Please resubmit.

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Definitely want this recipe.

apparently i don't really like buttermilk...

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Also Re: trolls. Hair is not high enough. Please resubmit.

i appreciate your constructive criticism, especially when it's correct.

busy work week! updates laterrrrrrrrz nerds.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

apparently i don't really like buttermilk...

I'm not a big fan myself, but I feel like a pudding with chia would cut the buttermilk taste enough to be delicious. Did it fail?

i appreciate your constructive criticism, especially when it's correct.

Moana Yourewelcome GIF - Moana Yourewelcome TheRock GIFs

busy work week! updates laterrrrrrrrz nerds.

14 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'm not a big fan myself, but I feel like a pudding with chia would cut the buttermilk taste enough to be delicious. Did it fail?

chia doesn't really have a flavor so it was really just a big ol' cup of buttermilk. we did add maple syrup and fresh berries and Spouse ended up eating that one. She picked up regular milk for me at the store so I could make a normal one for myself.

we bought the buttermilk so some kind of drizzle that will go on a pumpkin soup. will be doing that tomorrow night!

ALRIGHT WEEK 2 I AM HERE

Week 2 – Monday

Quick warmup then

Self Fall Challenge Day 7

40sec for each move, resting 20s after:

Squat thrusts

Reverse lunge to knee drive (right)

Reverse lunge to knee drive (left)

Jumping jacks

Leg raise to toe touch

High to low to high planks

X4

60s forearm plank

Busy day at work where I dealt with a potential stink bug infestation in my office. Went home and got kahlua pork in the instant pot, did my yoga, and folded laundry. huzzah!

Week 2 – Tuesday

Self Day 8

Goblet squats

35x13

35x16

Russian twists

20x11

20x10

DB push press, palms in

40x12

40x12

Bent-over DB rows, palms in

40x16

40x16

Lateral lunges

40x6 each side

40x7

DB deadlifts

50x15

50x15

DB sit up to press

25x11

25x12

Triceps press

15x10

15x12

Shoulder halos

15x14

15x14

DB single arm swing to OHP

15x9

15x9

20x8

20x8

And yoga after work

Week 2 – Wednesday

I decided I didn’t want to do the Self workout. those stupid lateral to curtsy lunges keep coming back. I went on a run instead since it was so nice outside. about 24 minutes and my app says I went 2.66 miles but there’s no way that happened. it was closer to 2.2 or 2.3

It was still beautiful out after work so I took the pup for our walk yesterday. got in 10 mins of yoga.

The chicken drumsticks were still frozen so I tried the instant pot for the first time on bone-in chicken. it was great! placed them vertically meat side down on the trivet with some seasoning and 10 minutes got them to fall of the bone. Will probably try 8 or 9 minutes next time since I do end up broiling them to crisp up the skin.

workouts: 3/5

walk: 7/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 40

not a bad first half! i'm also considering ditching this workout program.

the plan.

9/24: Day 7; yoga (15m); fold laundry

9/25: Day 8; yoga (15m)

9/26: run; walk; yoga (10m)

9/27: Day 10; yoga (10m); laundry

9/28: Day 12; friend over for dinner

9/29: Day 14; grocery shopping; apple picking

9/30: meal prep; TY cards

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Honestly, do it. No workout program you don't like is worth keeping just "to see it through".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

Honestly, do it. No workout program you don't like is worth keeping just "to see it through".

my thoughts exactly, though a new concept for me who likes to check off every box/level/workout

40 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

my thoughts exactly, though a new concept for me who likes to check off every box/level/workout

you should watch the video i just linked in the training yard, thrall actually talks about that in one of his points.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

6 hours ago, Grumble said:

So second. I'm like you re: box checking, but isn't it better checking a box that you care about? Everything else you did instead sounded really lovely, being outside, pupper, yoga... sounds pretty darn content to me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Yeesh. I do hope you get hazardous duty pay for that

i should! i have 4 fluorescent ceiling tile lights in my office and each one has at least 3 dead stink bugs in them.

23 hours ago, RedStone said:

So second. I'm like you re: box checking, but isn't it better checking a box that you care about? Everything else you did instead sounded really lovely, being outside, pupper, yoga... sounds pretty darn content to me!

YES. of course you're right. my last silly Self workout was yesterday

Week 2 – Thursday

I did something to my ring finger on my left hand and it was really sore at the knuckle yesterday. I ditched the dumbbells for this work out and did them all BW

Self Day 10

45sec for each move, resting 15s after:

Deadlifts

Renegade row to rotation

Lunge hold (right)

lunge hold (left)

bent-over row, palms in

kneeling shoulder halos

x3

then EMOM for 4 minutes:

high knee twists x30

jump squats x15

I substituted some stuff to make it easier on my knees and stupid finger. I’ll be playing around with some of the tough mudder workouts I liked earlier this year and getting back to the barbell <3

I did yoga last night and got a load of laundry in to wash and dry. I had chicken drumsticks again since I didn’t broil the whole batch on Wednesday night so I was able to reheat them in the oven which also got their skins a bit crispy.

tenor.gif

workouts: 4/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 50

a side note. i have been low-key trying to heal my relationship with food and letting myself eat when and what i want to eat. towards the second half of this week i started perceiving myself as being smaller (am i? not really sure). i did take a natural waist measurement this morning and i seem to be right around where i was last month at this time. i am guessing i probably gained some weight after the wedding and letting myself eat but then naturally regulated down a bit. interesting brain/food/survival stuff

hopefully going apple picking this weekend!

PerfectFaroffEider-max-1mb.gif

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I did something to my ring finger on my left hand and it was really sore at the knuckle yesterday. I ditched the dumbbells for this work out and did them all BW

That's so weird, I have an ongoing thing with my right middle finger! WTF that's a weird spot to be feeling weird! :abnormal:

a side note. i have been low-key trying to heal my relationship with food and letting myself eat when and what i want to eat. towards the second half of this week i started perceiving myself as being smaller (am i? not really sure). i did take a natural waist measurement this morning and i seem to be right around where i was last month at this time. i am guessing i probably gained some weight after the wedding and letting myself eat but then naturally regulated down a bit. interesting brain/food/survival stuff

Girl, I love this so hard. <3 I'm trying. I'm super trying.

hopefully going apple picking this weekend!

I so need to do this before it gets too cold! I'm obsessed with apple chips atm... therefore, if also I buy a dehydrator... I will absolutely go through 14 bushels of apples, right??

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2018 at 7:42 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

The chicken drumsticks were still frozen so I tried the instant pot for the first time on bone-in chicken. it was great! placed them vertically meat side down on the trivet with some seasoning and 10 minutes got them to fall of the bone. Will probably try 8 or 9 minutes next time since I do end up broiling them to crisp up the skin.

Noooooted!

That sounds really really good

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 8:31 PM, RedStone said:

That's so weird, I have an ongoing thing with my right middle finger! WTF that's a weird spot to be feeling weird! :abnormal:

i actually think it's the way i hold my phone! i noticed that i hold my phone differently to play the sims on my phone which is in "landscape" mode.

Girl, I love this so hard. <3 I'm trying. I'm super trying.

it's harrrrd and definitely a journey <3

I so need to do this before it gets too cold! I'm obsessed with apple chips atm... therefore, if also I buy a dehydrator... I will absolutely go through 14 bushels of apples, right??

giphy.gif

ha! yussss. dried apple chips are so delicious and go down way too easy. though i was shocked at how many apples you can fit into a 1/2 bushel bag!

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

Noooooted!

That sounds really really good

it was! and so easy. forgot to mention to put a cup of water in below the trivet as well. it doesn't come out as crispy delicious as when you leave drumsticks/wings to dry overnight in the fridge but good enough given the ease!

• Like 1

WebbedFaroffGlobefish-small.gif

Week 2 – Friday

Treadmill: 3 min walk/1 min run for 15 mins; 1.00 mile

DB OHP, neutral grip

30x15x4

Bench push ups

3 – wow lost some ability here

Push ups on the high step

5, 4, 8

High step up

30x10x4

work got us pizza & salad for lunch, yummmmmmm

but then friend wanted chipotle for dinner which wasn’t as satisfying as usual.

Week 2 – Saturday

Slept in a bit, went grocery shopping, then headed out to NY to visit brother in law

Was a beautiful day to go apple picking and we enjoyed all of it. the hard cider back at the farm’s bar was not to our liking though. ate a few apples and then headed out to a restaurant for dinner.

Week 2 – Sunday

Again slept in a bit on brother in laws new guest mattress which we loved and now we’re dying for a new mattress. BIL cooked eggs and bacon for breakfast, SIL did buttered english muffins with an apricot spread we had picked up the day before. Spouse’s mom also came over bearing these delicious pumpkin pie bars with apple cinnamon cheerios for their crust! Cheerios are gluten free so it was a pretty brilliant and tasty move.

We hung out for a bit and then headed home. cooked up a batch of flank steak with brown rice and kale for the week and also dinner. Spouse did a load of laundry and I packed for my work trip. leaving for KY today and flying back Tuesday night.

week 2 scores!

workouts: 5/5

restaurant food: 4

yoga: 50

only thing out of bounds is the restaurant count and that includes a bagel sandwich i had for bfast saturday morning. feeling some rumbles and bloating this morning which is par for the course.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 2 – Sunday

Again slept in a bit on brother in laws new guest mattress which we loved and now we’re dying for a new mattress. BIL cooked eggs and bacon for breakfast, SIL did buttered english muffins with an apricot spread we had picked up the day before. Spouse’s mom also came over bearing these delicious pumpkin pie bars with apple cinnamon cheerios for their crust! Cheerios are gluten free so it was a pretty brilliant and tasty move.

This is the epitome of a perfect fall morning/day. Why can't it feel like this season all year round??????

bacon, eggs, apricot spread, pumpkin bars.... surely the most heavenly season.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 1:49 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :)

giphy.gif

On 10/3/2018 at 8:37 AM, Jord said:

This is the epitome of a perfect fall morning/day. Why can't it feel like this season all year round??????

bacon, eggs, apricot spread, pumpkin bars.... surely the most heavenly season.

it really was a nice weekend and #autumnaf :lol:

okaaaaaaaaaay i disdappeared for a couple days and here are my reasons:

Week 3 – Monday

Treadmill: 2 min walk/1 min run for 14 mins; 1.01 miles

Squat Jumps

10x4

DB press, neutral grip

40x10x2

30x10x2

KB Swings

25x10x4

Flight got delayed which would have made me miss my connection so I rushed to the airport to try and make an earlier flight. Ran through the airport with my luggage (counts as cardio right?). I made it about 10 mins before flight departure time but they had already closed the doors. I imagine they had standby people they gave my seat to. but when you miss a flight they cancel all your remaining travel so they had to rebook me. the woman was very nice but messed up and it turned into this whole thing that the computer couldn’t figure out. 45 mins later I left the airport for home and booked on a crack-o-dawn flight Tuesday morning.

I picked up burgers for dinner bc crazy half of a day.

workouts: 1/5

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 1

yoga: 0

Week 3 – Tuesday

All day travel. Got to where I needed to be and then my return flights started getting delayed. Ugh. I don’t remember southwest flights being so all over the place.

Got home around 11pm. food at least was good while traveling: chorizo bfast burrito; salad and mini veg quiches for lunch; prosciutto fig pizza for dinner. obviously my restaurant count couldn’t be avoided this week. but we’ll be cooking most of our meals at the vaca house this weekend.

yoga: 0

Week 3 – Wednesday

Slept in so no workout. I did take 10 mins for yoga after a crazy day at work. there was also TONS of leftover chipotle catering at work so I took a tray of rice (froze some), a container of beans, so much cheese and salsa, and a good amount of guac.

Dinner was apple chicken sausage with roasted brussels, the rice & cheese I inherited, and a splash of buttermilk which separated as soon as I put it in the pan. womp. still real tasty though.

yoga: 10

the plan.

10/1: cardio; work travel

10/2: work travel

10/3: yoga (10m)

10/4: cardio; yoga (20m); pack for weekend away

10/5 – 10/7: weights and yoga meyybe?; hike mt major; cook and eat chili with friends

10/8: groceries and meal prep; probably laundry

• Like 1

oh man what a nightmare of a travel situation. nothing gives me more anxiety than airports. pro points for keeping your food reasonable while all of that was going on.

also double pro points for being wise to take home extra rice and beans. who doesn't need free rice and beans now, really.

DisfiguredNippyLamb-size_restricted.gif

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

10/5 – 10/7: weights and yoga meyybe?; hike mt major; cook and eat chili with friends

10/8: groceries and meal prep; probably laundry

thank you for reminding me I need to get back into my hiking habit... one of these weekends....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jord said:

oh man what a nightmare of a travel situation. nothing gives me more anxiety than airports. pro points for keeping your food reasonable while all of that was going on.

it was surprisingly easy! airports have come a long way. and the lunch was at a cute coffee shop in KY. it was also nice to take one of these trips and not be restricted by calories or types of food. i ate to satiation and didn't end up snacking or wanting to snack at all! leaps and bounds from past trips.

1 hour ago, Jord said:

also double pro points for being wise to take home extra rice and beans. who doesn't need free rice and beans now, really.

DisfiguredNippyLamb-size_restricted.gif

omg <3 <3 what is this little guy even eating?! 

1 hour ago, Jord said:

thank you for reminding me I need to get back into my hiking habit... one of these weekends....

it will call to you ;) 

• Like 3

Week 3 – Thursday

Counter pushups

6, 8, 10, 12, 14

bw squats

6, 8, 10, 12

Side lunges (reps per side)

6, 8, 10, 12

Sit ups

6, 8, 10, 12

Long day at work. came home and started getting ready to make dinner but then I had to go out and drop off the pup since she can’t come to the house this weekend. so much traffic bc we live near Gillette stadium. I grabbed some honey mustard & onion pretzels at the gas station where we met and ate the whole bag on the way home. then of course i wasn’t hungry for dinner but I made it anyway for Spouse and lunches today.

Afp.gif

Packed up my clothes and made chia pudding for breakfast. I did get in 13 mins of yoga though which was nice.

workouts: 2/5

yoga: 23

I feel quite unhinged from my normal habits and the apartment hasn’t been vacuumed since probably before our wedding along with a million other things. I woke up this morning with a stiff neck and pain behind my shoulder bone when I turn that way. it’ll be such a nice weekend away but I think I need a weekend in as well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I grabbed some honey mustard & onion pretzels at the gas station where we met and ate the whole bag on the way home. then of course i wasn’t hungry for dinner but I made it anyway for Spouse and lunches today.

that's still good of you though, to cook anyway and have that food available. too many times I cook food after i've eaten so I have it available, and then eat some of it anyway. good self-control!

37 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it’ll be such a nice weekend away but I think I need a weekend in as well.

Hopefully you get this soon, you have been so busy! Self-care is important.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jord said:

that's still good of you though, to cook anyway and have that food available. too many times I cook food after i've eaten so I have it available, and then eat some of it anyway. good self-control!

i'm telling you. this whole not-restricting thing is weird. a few months ago i would have definitely also eaten dinner!

3 hours ago, Jord said:

Hopefully you get this soon, you have been so busy! Self-care is important.

6 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend! The routine will be there when you're ready to get back to it. Recharge them batteries 1st :)

yessss to all of that <3 that otter (maybe beaver?) is friggen adorable.