• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM and the Veritable Smorgasbords

Week 3 – Friday through Sunday

Bc of the stiff neck I previously mentioned I decided not to do deadlifts on Friday. Stayed in and did a yoga video in the morning. rushed through a crazy work day with added stress from dad’s health insurance. Spouse wasn’t able to get out of work until 7ish so we didn’t make it up to the house until 10:30.

We ended up staying up until 4am fri and sat haha oops. but we were sleeping in until 11 so not too bad sleepwise. Spouse and I made eggs and bacon two mornings for bfast. and a vegetarian chili with brown rice for dinner (+ a pan of ground beef for those who wanted). The chili and fixins lasted for brunch the next day.

324773.gif?b64lines=IEhlIHRoaW5rcyBoZSdz

We hiked a 1700ft elevation “mountain” on Saturday afternoon and it was lovely and hard and tiring. I was dying for coffee by the end.

Sunday was lots of campfire sitting, board game playing and titanic watching.

week 3 scores!

workouts: 3/5

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 4/3

yoga: 48/50

a bit of a crazy week with work travel and a weekend away so didn’t get the scores I wanted.

the plan.

10/9: weights; bfast prep; laundry; yoga (5m)

10/10: running; yoga (10m); walk; TY cards

10/11: weights; yoga (15m); TY cards

10/12: running; yoga (10m); trip planning with friends

10/13: yoga (10m); groceries; vet appt; potentially spectate raptron’s PL meet; review wedding photos

10/14: weights; meal prep; TY cards

Week 4 – Monday

Travel day from the rental house. we stopped at our favorite cider tasting room and had their seasonal ghostbusters cider (green bell peppers, jalapenos, kiwi = ectoplasm!)

CrazyLividGermanspaniel-max-1mb.gif

Pizza was had for a late lunch and leftovers for dinner. we did a quick grocery shop and spent most of the evening unpacking.

workouts: 0/5

restaurant food: 1

yoga: 0

Week 4 – Tuesday

Back to the barbell

Deadlifts

165x1

150x3

150x3

Well that was humbling

RDL

95x8

85x8

85x8

85x8

Front squat

65x7

65x7

65x7

Bent-over DB row (palms in)

30x8

40x8

40x8

DB side bends (each side)

15x8

20x8

20x8

20x8

Another long day at work. got laundry in the wash and dryer. made an egg casserole for bfast the rest of the week and ate a piece for dinner. did get in 5 mins of yoga too. soo sore today though.

skyword-image-241090.jpg

workouts: 1/5

yoga: 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

soo sore today though.

As long as it's a good sore. In which case do more!

If it's a bad sore.. Do less!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

As long as it's a good sore. In which case do more!

If it's a bad sore.. Do less!

4 hours ago, raptron said:

THE BARBELL MISSED YOUUU! 

apparently! and it's communicating that with a loving muscle doms across my entire body

Week 4 – Wednesday

Ran outside in the morning. 2 min runs/4 min walks for 26 mins. apparently I went about 2 miles.

Got in a nice 15 mins of yoga but totally forgot about a walk. will try for Friday as it’s supposed to rain all day and night. dinner was some lemon garlic chicken with roasted Brussels.

We got 4 TY cards done – slowly but surely.

workouts: 2/5

yoga: 20

been having trouble getting more than 7hrs sleep. gotta try to get to bed earlier. i even deleted sims freeplay off my phone!

new plan.

10/10: running; yoga (15m); TY cards

10/11: circuit; yoga (15m); TY cards

10/12: running or weights; yoga (10m); walk; trip planning with friends

10/13: yoga (10m); groceries; vet appt; likely spectate some of raptron’s PL meet; review wedding photos

10/14: TY cards; meal prep; trail walk; pedicure

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

likely spectate some of raptron’s PL meet;

I'd ask for a livestream, but I'm gonna be at Disneyland and might get yelled at for yelling at my phone.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'd ask for a livestream, but I'm gonna be at Disneyland and might get yelled at for yelling at my phone.

ha! "PUSH!" and "PULL!" can be interpreted in very different ways. the vet appt is at 10am so we'll see where she's at after that!

Week 4 – Thursday

Still pretty sore so I did a BW circuit:

5 counter pushups

5 squats

30s jump rope

30 mtn climbers (each side)

X6

got in my yoga after work and then made burgers for dinner with avo, cheese, and sriracha! Salad on the side. and FOUR MORE TY CARDS

9h-cxT.gif

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 35

• Like 2

On 10/11/2018 at 6:53 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

been having trouble getting more than 7hrs sleep. gotta try to get to bed earlier. i even deleted sims freeplay off my phone!

Deleting... a game...?

image.png.7e8c2f465cc5c36a49c4c0f7dc5ad1b3.png

You're my new hero. :)

23 hours ago, Grumble said:

22 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I think that might depend on what you're yelling..

Just make sure you do it during NFL Football hours, and no one will even blink.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Deleting... a game...?

image.png.7e8c2f465cc5c36a49c4c0f7dc5ad1b3.png

You're my new hero. :)

i still think about it and I deleted it last saturday... but i'm not thinking about it as much as I was when playing. games that move forward without you being logged in are just too stressful for me!

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Just make sure you do it during NFL Football hours, and no one will even blink.

Ooo! so true

On 10/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

10/12: running or weights; yoga (10m); walk; trip planning with friends

10/13: yoga (10m); groceries; vet appt; likely spectate some of raptron’s PL meet; review wedding photos

Little ol' me? :D 

d329c63b117086eca5469bec03121011.gif?res

Oooh, I can't wait to see more of your wedding photoooos! Your photographers were so lovely. 

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

got in my yoga after work and then made burgers for dinner with avo, cheese, and sriracha! Salad on the side.

Yum. :) 

• Like 1

Week 4 – Friday

BB curls (also humbling)

45x6

40x9

40x9

Cable push downs

65x10

65x9

65x9

Toe touchers

15, 15, 15, 15

Assisted chin up

100x3

85x7

85x5

then 5 mins of yoga

cooked up some quick fish for dinner before heading over to our friends for a trip planning meeting.

workouts: 4/5

restaurant food: 2

yoga: 40

Week 4 – Saturday

Took the pup to the vet and unfortunately did get back great news. some arthritis, mis-aligned discs, and a heart murmur. We treated her to a new toy and some glucosamine treats.

Made some eggs, cheese, and broccoli for bfast before heading out to see rapton’s PL meet! We missed the squats but got there just in time to see her first bench attempt! Stayed until after her deadlifts were done and hulk-smashed. Definitely lit the warrior fire in me.

Went grocery shopping and got chipotle for dinner. cleaned up the apartment a bit and then went to a friends house (with the pup!).

workouts: 4/5

restaurant food: 2

Week 4 – Sunday

went for a 50 minute trail walk with some friends. Not sure if I should count that as my walk or my 5th workout… maybe half a workout and the full points for a walk.

welcome_fall.gif

went out for late lunch afterwards and then shopping. snagged a new fall coat! Went home and prepped an egg bake for breakfasts, SO folded most of the laundry and did dishes.

Didn’t get everything done that I wanted to (TY cards, uploading wedding photos, pedicure) but we had a good weekend nevertheless.

week 4 scores!

workouts: 4.5/5

walk: 5/5

restaurant food: 3

the plan results

10/10: running; yoga (15m); TY cards

10/11: circuit; yoga (15m); TY cards

10/12: weights; yoga (5m); walk; trip planning with friends

10/13: yoga (10m); groceries; vet appt; spectate raptron’s meet; review wedding photos

fairly good challenge. found out i didn't want to do the workout plan I was on, came back to the barbell, and started up a bit of running again in prep for 5K training. i had a TON of fun with friends but didn't get as much adulting done as I feel I should've. should be a fairly less jam-packed next few weeks and I might want to set aside more at-home time. I really want to get the thank you cards done and some photos uploaded!

• Like 2

it was so awesome you guys came out again. Between last year's meet and this year's, I think that makes you guys my biggest fans. :D <3333

And yeah! That stills sounds like a very productive weekend. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, raptron said:

it was so awesome you guys came out again. Between last year's meet and this year's, I think that makes you guys my biggest fans. :D <3333

And yeah! That stills sounds like a very productive weekend.  

we love it! you put on a great showing and it keeps us engaged even though we train alone :D 

yesss really glad that bit of meal prep happened... it was a very close one :lol:

Sorry about the puppers :(  Hope the glucosamine helps!

Also, yay warrior fire! And new fall coat! (I love coats, boots and hats, but hardly ever get to wear them lol) Good weekend, indeed :D

Trying to post this again, since last time broke the internet..

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Sorry about the puppers :(  Hope the glucosamine helps!

thanks! hope so too

18 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Also, yay warrior fire! And new fall coat! (I love coats, boots and hats, but hardly ever get to wear them lol) Good weekend, indeed :D

the grass is always greener... ;) 

• Like 1