Arkania chases herself and starts training for Ninja Warrior Germany

Arkania

...and eventually catches herself.

Edit: I spontaneously registered for Ninja Warrior on 23/09/2018.

giphy.gif

I wanted to write "hopefully" instead of eventually aaaaaaaaaaand that's part of my problem/this challenge (just beeing so negative!).

I thought about creating a challenge in the assassins guild and right jump into a lot of quests as I always do but this time something is different.

I suffered from anxiety, panic attacks and stuff like this in October 2017 (I was on sick leave at work for 3 weeks and thought everything was fine again.....) and again (this time for 6 weeks) in April 2018. Mostly because of my work and a loss in the family.

giphy.gif

It's not all good yet, I still have some bad days but it's not as bad as it was. Mainly because I stepped back and cutted a lot of todos off my lists (Lists, I loooove lists!)

[Note: I am not sure, if my english is always as understandable or written right, it's a bit rusty, sorry!]

So, the last months I tried to "chill" a bit more. I always was the "harder. better. faster. stronger"-type of human. But that didn't work out anymore, so I was the "from 100 to zero"-type :D

And that is also not a good idea. I learned a lot in the past months and one of the learnings is: There is something between 100% and 0%.

I don't have to race through my life the whole time but it is also not good for me to chill all the time because then I get grumpy.

[5mins later, had to pre-order Life is Strange 2 :wub: ]

giphy.gif

I just forgot what I wanted to say.... oh yeah. I now created a challenge in the rebel section because I need to get my stuff together and "find myself" before I again jump into something and then skill my specialities.

In the next days I will update this thread with my specific goals. I am reading Steve's book right now and there are some great suggestions regarding an adventurous (is this a word?!) life and epic quests. This thread is a story of getting back to my real self again that I lost (partly) a few months ago.

Broad objectives:

Body - See your body as it is. Be grateful. Try to get over your body perception disorder.

Mind - be mindful, learn something, read a lot and work with it (what can the best guidebook help you with, if you are not working with it?)

Life - think about your actual work and your spare time (doing something with my hands, other hobbies)

So, let's get this party started!

giphy.gif

• Like 8

I just scrolled through a lot of the challenges here and stole some of the goals ;)

Just the "big goals", which aren't smart goals at all.

Body - See your body as it is. Be grateful. Try to get over your body perception disorder.

Ok, that's a big thing.

I tracked and weighed myself daily for the last 4 years. It went kind of obsessive. So I don't want to weigh or track daily. I can track or weigh myself sometimes (track even daily) BUT just if it feels good for my. I am very bad at estimating my protein so I have to take arough look. I will check my feelings regarding my body daily and I think I am already on a good way to not be that obsessive with my body anymore.

Mind - be mindful, learn something, read a lot and work with it (what can the best guidebook help you with, if you are not working with it?)

I am not mindful. Not even a bit. When I am driving to work I am thinking about the whole day of meetings. When I am grocery shopping I am thinking about what to do with that food and what I still have to do in the house, when I am reading I am thinking that I must (!) play a video game after that to checkmark it on my todolist.

I mean, wtf?! I am living in the future. That's not good because it stresses the hell out of me on some days. I love to do things very fast and all at once without breaks.

So: I want so slow down. Live in the moment. Take each day as it comes. Be mindful. (And don't want to put fun things on my todolist anymore! wtf!!)

Life - think about your actual work and your spare time (doing something with my hands, other hobbies)

As I said I had a burn out this year and last year and it was mostly because of my job. It is not a bad job. There is a very good salary, great colleagues, nice working hours etc but it's not the right job for me. And when I think something is not right for me I go crazy. I can't stand and live with that! And thats when my body said: Haha, ok, nope!

Problem is: I need the money. Because I am in debt. And I want to pay this off asap!

Best way for paying this off would be: Go back to fulltime again (actually I have one free day a week) and I would be able to pay the debt off (23k €/26.7k $) in approx. August 2019.

Best way for my salvation: Don't know. But not going fulltime again.

I'm switching between "paying it off asap!" and "just 4 days of work a week is greaaaaaaaaaat". So I have to think about alternatives, other possibilities.

SMART Goals that will help to achieve the goals:

Sleep: (EP/day)

- Su/We be in bed at 10, Mo/Tu be in bed at 11 - 5 EP

- 3 caffeines a day (e.g. coffe, energy drink,...) - 5 EP

RL:

- No Internet after 9pm on days before work (Su, Mo, Tu, We) - 5 EP

- Don't spend the whole evening in front of the pc with surfing the web (=procrastinating) - 10 EP

- 15 mins a day working on the future - 5 EP/day

Health:

- sports 3x/week (>30mins) - 5 EP each

- ML challenge daily - 5 EP/day

- eat clean - -5 EP for every processed food

Mind:

- read daily - 5 EP/day

- 210 mins Rosetta Stone per week - 5 EP per 30 mins

- Meditate daily for 5 min - 5 EP

/335 EP per week

Bonus EP:

Morning walk - 2 EP

Work on Level 50 goals and with Steve's book to get my life an adventure - 50 EP (these EP won't be used in the total for the dip station)

Create something with your hands - 30 EP

Rewards:
Every 10 Bonus-EP I get 5€. Can buy something from my amazon wishlist from that or save it for a total after 4 weeks (max 30€).

When I get 1200+EP this challenge, I will reqard myself with a dip station.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Your broad goals are very important to sort out and take in hand. Something I think all of us struggle with. We have a couple of "Smart" goals in common as well ;) All the best! 

I think I first have to get my sh*t together and I have to get used to not wanting it all at once. :D

Crossing fingers that we will achieve our goals, tsjakka!

• Like 1

Just created something with my amazing (....) excel skills!

I love to have everything in my moleskine and I looove papeterie, so I had to print it to don't forget what I have to do ;)

IMG_20180911_150010.thumb.jpg.015f3f3a410de6d78798e20d6101558c.jpgIMG_20180911_150020.thumb.jpg.4b7952bc40ac3fcaead27f96f98e7e9b.jpg

• Like 6

Following along for this challenge.

giphy.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I love how you decided to change your title to something more  positive. Also loving your broad and SMART goals

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3 hours ago, Arkania said:

Just created something with my amazing (....) excel skills!

I love to have everything in my moleskine and I looove papeterie, so I had to print it to don't forget what I have to do ;)

IMG_20180911_150010.thumb.jpg.015f3f3a410de6d78798e20d6101558c.jpgIMG_20180911_150020.thumb.jpg.4b7952bc40ac3fcaead27f96f98e7e9b.jpg

Looks lovely! I miss my printer. I reverted back to writing everything in a counter book, drawing blocks and lines as necessary for my goals. It works, and I actually like it, but I miss my printer.

• Like 1

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

2 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Looks lovely! I miss my printer. I reverted back to writing everything in a counter book, drawing blocks and lines as necessary for my goals. It works, and I actually like it, but I miss my printer.

Normally I just write things down as you can see here

I had a BuJo once but this is not my type of thing. Not for the everyday life.

It's the veeery old printer from my boyfriend, I had a very good one and then it broke and I tried to fix it (opened it, took everything apart and then wasn't be able to put it all together again. :D

But the od one is ok. It needs a looooot of ink but we don't print that often.

Sometimes it is really handy to have one, you are right!

• Like 3

Phew, good that it is still preparation week ;)

I failed yesterday and today with the ML challenge. I think it's PMS or hormone thing. I felt very bad yesterday with headache, sickness and that all. And today also headache and could eat the whole day and didn't get full.

It says in the book that if one has a break in this challenge for more than two weeks it is failed and has to be started again.

So I think, two days is ok.

I will go on tomorrow with Day 13.

hallo! i also love checking things off lists, and find myself "living in the future" exactly as you described. kind of enlightening to read all that and find similarities.

good luck!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Hey and welcome :)
This worked for me for my whole life before the mini-burn out and it's very difficult to change it. It'S a long journey but will work someday!

(Lists are THE best!) :D

• Like 1

So this day started epic with Two steps from hell (TSFH: To make your whole life more epic!)

Slept 7hrs (very long for me!), woke up great, did already the ML challenge and some work. Haven't eaten yet and will now try some whey in my coffee.

Have a great day!

• Like 2

Hi there! Following :)

On 9/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, Arkania said:

I was the "from 100 to zero"-type :D

And that is also not a good idea. I learned a lot in the past months and one of the learnings is: There is something between 100% and 0%.

This is such an excellent thing to understand! You seem like a very active person with a ton of things on your to-do list(s). From my experience, learning to slow down has really helped - I've done that "living in the future" thing, as well :D I used to try and run through my days and achieve everything, and then I started waiting for the next day to get everything done, too. Prioritizing rest and mindfulness helped, and I still have to tell myself every now and then that I don't have to achieve ALL THE THINGS! 2-3 bigger tasks a day is enough, and everything above that is just extra :D

Have yourself a good challenge!

• Thanks 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

how'd you like the whey in coffee? i drink it like that most days but I did find that it's better to mix the whey in cold coffee (or cold milk) before adding into hot coffee.

• Thanks 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

but I did find that it's better to mix the whey in cold coffee (or cold milk) before adding into hot coffee.

Yeah, I didn't do that, so it was horrible :D

Had to put it in the sink. It was very lumpy and gross.

But I will try again tomorrow!

19 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Hi there! Following :)

This is such an excellent thing to understand! You seem like a very active person with a ton of things on your to-do list(s). From my experience, learning to slow down has really helped - I've done that "living in the future" thing, as well :D I used to try and run through my days and achieve everything, and then I started waiting for the next day to get everything done, too. Prioritizing rest and mindfulness helped, and I still have to tell myself every now and then that I don't have to achieve ALL THE THINGS! 2-3 bigger tasks a day is enough, and everything above that is just extra :D

Have yourself a good challenge!

Hi, nice to have you here :)

I was very active my whole life. And very fast, like... what was the squirrels name in Over the Hedge?

giphy.gif

That was (and is sometimes) me :D

ALL THE THINGS in no time.

I am still sometimes struggling with doing "nothing" (haha, if I could ever do nothing :D ) or just a few things. But it get's better every day!

Thank you so much, maybe someday I'll reach your status of oooohmmmmm.

20 hours ago, Arkania said:

Normally I just write things down as you can see here

I had a BuJo once but this is not my type of thing. Not for the everyday life.

It's the veeery old printer from my boyfriend, I had a very good one and then it broke and I tried to fix it (opened it, took everything apart and then wasn't be able to put it all together again. :D

But the od one is ok. It needs a looooot of ink but we don't print that often.

Sometimes it is really handy to have one, you are right!

A couple years ago I bought a colour laser with pension money payout, when I resigned at my job. Five years later lightning hit the telephone lines somewhere close by and ran along and burnt out the motherboard of the printer! I was so, so sad. We home school so we use a printer a lot. Last year I bought another printer, HP fixed it up for us, but due to the temperatures here (heat!) the ink keeps drying, and the humidity messes with the nozzles. Two months later my husband got so frustrated with blocked nozzles and streaks, that he gave it to a computer shop to fix and donate to Hospice. Since then I have to drive to town, to a printing shop if I want anything printed. This morning hubby said it was time, he's had enough that I can't get stuff done quickly because I have to plan when to drive to have things printed, so maybe next month we'll get a small mono laser again.
This is what my challenge book/page looks like. Very basic and matter of fact, but I've got everything on one page. And I just saw that I didn't mark off Monday's exercise!

WP_20180912_001.thumb.jpg.d77126f34b90575313081f4d04240794.jpg

• Like 3

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

7 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

WP_20180912_001.thumb.jpg.d77126f34b90575313081f4d04240794.jpg

Oh, Afrikaans :wub:

I like it a lot. I also love dutch (I live near the dutch border so I hear it relatively often).

And congrats to the new printer, hopefully this won't die so soon!

• Like 2

Oh maaaan, again struggling with "wtf why can't YOU do this?!" (Yeah, I know he's a male, I know he trains a looot, etc).

Again saw a video of someone who boulders in our boulder gym.

I mean, wtf?!

I want to do that, too :D

And I was sooo proud of me on the campus board :miserable:

BUT noooooooooope! No "everything at once" again.

A Ninja Warrior theme (as @Elastigirl already does) is something for the future. And now it is on my todo list.

*sigh*

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Arkania said:

I also love dutch

Dutch always gets me so confused! I remember when I was visiting this place just outside of Amsterdam. When I was walking down the street and quickly just crossing people speaking dutch I could never quite make out what language they were speaking. Sometimes it would sound like German, sometimes like English, and sometimes even as Swedish! :D