• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber hasn't lost her mind..just misplaced it

And so a new challenge round begins.. cue dramatic music.. you know what, why don't I include a track for you?

Spoiler

When we last parted, this Warrior got run over by the strugglebus. I battled. I failed. I decided to try again. I failed again. I allowed myself some time to process, but ever-deepening despair can kiss my grits. In an effort to not only tread water, but to actually make some improvements, some goals are in order. (Well, maybe not 'in order' as in 'listed in some readily identifiable system', so much as required/necessary/needed/kinda-the-whole-point-of-challenges.. you know what I mean.)

On the food front, the main battle lies. I did manage last round to scrape together a couple of weeks wherein I did not skip any meals. However, I still find myself scrambling for calories that aren't nut butter and/or cereal. I have been dealing more with sugar (and other foods I don't typically eat) cravings as of late, and I feel like it's all related.

• Eat at least 1200 cal by 8pm (this is the time I usually eat my last meal/snack). Idea being to eat more food during the day so I am not eating so much right before bed.
  • No pre-packaged cereal (homemade muesli is ok--I don't put sweetened things in it). This should help cut down on overall sugar intake.
  • Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. I've enough to make it to the end of the round if I eat it rationally. And cutting it out entirely even short-term seemed to require my entire focus.

On the work front, I bought the NF rings & handstands pack (because this girl loves herself some discounts!)

• Do the mobility drills from the handstands pack at least 3 times per week.
  • Incorporate ring work into lifting schedule. Fun fact: I claim to hate inverted rows, but I actually quite enjoyed them this time. (Honestly. My biceps looked awesome, and with all of my upper back engaged it made me feel.. hulk-like. A strange sense of at once being strong/muscly and also weak. I dig it.)

On the ever present/ever needed mental health front:

• Log/journal/post daily. Log the happy things. Track the not-so-happy things. It may be there's a pattern to the madness.
  • Do not weigh myself til the end of the challenge
  • Don't just stalk. Actually post in other people's threads. (Sorry in advance if you don't like cat gifs :D)

giphy.gif

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo

Duolingo

Skin care

Walking. 8,000 steps minimum. Bonus level: 10,000. 

#Yoga365 730. Bonus level: 2 sessions/day. (Aiming for 3 bonus during work week, and 1 weekend day.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Arkania said:

Great goals :D

I may "steal" some of them for my challenge. Skin care is a good keyword *sigh*

Also the happy-things and not weighing.

And awesome music :wub:

Thanks! Creatively-acquire away! I've borrowed more than a few myself :D

I quite like that tune. It makes very mundane things like taking out the trash, washing dishes, commuting, etc, etc. feel instantly more epic/heroic lol.

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

Cat gifs, you say?

Kitten Love GIF - Kitten Love かわいい猫 GIFs
Happy Smile GIF - Cats Happycat Joy GIFs
Aaa GIF - Aaa GIFs

giphy.gif

If there's one thing I trust about the internet, it's that there is and will always be an abundance of cats being cats.

• Like 3

Hey! Hi! Nice to see you coming out from under that strugglebus :) 

giphy.gif

I just got the rings -n- handstands dealie-bop too, I'm all over that mobility work. I'm stealing acquiring your plan to add rings work, since my gym has 'em. I just committed myself to a more regular skin care regimen too, didn't think to put that in my challenge but now I will. 

4f04ea87229b19794f2cc85d3dde7b6a.gif

• Like 2

On 9/10/2018 at 3:44 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

awesome biceps are awesome :D 

Not sure how I missed your post yesterday, but QFT!! :)

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, Gemma said:

Hey! Hi! Nice to see you coming out from under that strugglebus :) 

giphy.gif

I just got the rings -n- handstands dealie-bop too, I'm all over that mobility work. I'm stealing acquiring your plan to add rings work, since my gym has 'em. I just committed myself to a more regular skin care regimen too, didn't think to put that in my challenge but now I will. 

4f04ea87229b19794f2cc85d3dde7b6a.gif

1st, welcome back!! :)

2nd, thanks! It's about as much fun as it sounds under said bus.

3rd, oooh, twins! Rings are tough but fun so far.

giphy.gif

Handstands will be interesting to see how far I can get before I need enough space to actually try kicking up into one. Good luck on all counts!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Well, I mean you CAN still buy it technically.. ;)

Not spending $200 on it, when I just dropped that much on the marathon and accompanied training program.

Zero week summary

• Eat at least 1200 cal by 8pm. Check! This was a nice mental hurdle to clear, since in the past it kinda freaked me out a bit to be 'that high' after dinner.
  • No pre-packaged cereal (homemade muesli is ok--I don't put sweetened things in it). Well, I didn't BUY any more, but still munched on what's still in the pantry. Half point?
  • Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. Check! (Though it pained my soul a bit because it was BOGO.)

NF rings & handstands

• Do the mobility drills from the handstands pack at least 3 times per week. Check! Included with daily yoga more often than not.
  • Incorporate ring work into lifting schedule. Check, mostly. Did run a bit short on time to finish Friday.

Mental health front:

• Log/journal/post daily. Log the happy things. Track the not-so-happy things. It may be there's a pattern to the madness. Check, except the weekend. I think I used up all my words.
  • Do not weigh myself til the end of the challenge Check!
  • Don't just stalk. Actually post in other people's threads. Check, except the weekend.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 6/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 45 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 5.  

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 4. Don't forget front split practice! Check!

All in all, quite pleased with the goals this week. Brain was a bit wonky at times, as it is wont to do, but I slept a bit extra Friday night and felt better for the rest of the weekend. BUT, the thing I was most pleased with was.. pause for effect.. new squat 1RM this morning!

Spoiler

Those of you that followed my last challenge may recall one of my goals was to stop being afraid of squatting heavy. I didn't have a great deal of confidence that I would be able to do it, but for once I didn't have a nameless fear nagging at the back of my mind. And I did it! 10lb PR :)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On 9/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, scalyfreak said:

Following!

I'm changing up my skin care routine, since the eczema came back. Fun times. :P 

Hey! Happy to have you along, but boo on eczema! Hope that clears up soon

On 9/14/2018 at 9:21 PM, MikeW said:

Following!!! Love the trend of warriors doing rings stuff, even if the rings and handstands pack wasn't quite for me.

HI! I think you started the trend, IIRC. You were/are doing GMB, I think?

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

Busted!

Yup. Totally busted for his evil master plan of inspiring others to branch out their training lol :P

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

YASSSS SQUAT PR!!

not applicable but i saw this and thought of you:

Thanks!! I'd almost forgotten what a PR looks like lol

Also, cat vids are always relevant. Always.

14 hours ago, RedStone said:

Looks like a good challenge to walk into wearing a face mask... 

giphy.gif 

I feel more relaxed already! :lol:

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Grats on a solid zero week, and woot for new PR! 

Thanks!! It was a nice surprise considering I started off feeling like I'd completely forgotten how to squat. Guess it goes to show you can't always judge how things will go based on how you feel when you start.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Yup. Totally busted for his evil master plan of inspiring others to branch out their training lol :P

giphy.gif

No idea what you're talking about.

*runs off into the sunset at a sustainable pace*

Related image

• Haha 2

Week  1 summary:

giphy.gif

..Which is why we write things down

• Eat at least 1200 cal by 8pm. Check! Although this became tricky to assess, as MFP just decided to not work at times. There were times I didn't find out how close to my overall target for the day until the following morning. Not. Cool.
  • No pre-packaged cereal (homemade muesli is ok--I don't put sweetened things in it). Better.
  • Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. Check!

NF rings & handstands

• Do the mobility drills from the handstands pack at least 3 times per week. Check! Included with daily yoga more often than not.
  • Incorporate ring work into lifting schedule. Check, mostly. Did run a bit short on time to finish Friday once again.

Mental health front:

• Log/journal/post daily. Log the happy things. Track the not-so-happy things. It may be there's a pattern to the madness. Check, except the weekend, which was surprisingly busy.
  • Do not weigh myself til the end of the challenge Check! I did waffle a bit here,  but eventually held firm to goal.
  • Don't just stalk. Actually post in other people's threads. Check, except the weekend. (Was I even here? Can't remember..)

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 7/7. Note this streak was technically broken yesterday, because the app was misbehaving. Twas not a good week for me and technology.

Skin care 6/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 46 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 6.  

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice! Check!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2