• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber hasn't lost her mind..just misplaced it

Technology fails don't count. Unless it's end user based technology fails. And I assume you are not a bad end user. (please don't prove me wrong)

Cat Ignore GIF - Cat Ignore HeadTilt GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Grumble said:

Technology fails don't count. Unless it's end user based technology fails. And I assume you are not a bad end user. (please don't prove me wrong)

Cat Ignore GIF - Cat Ignore HeadTilt GIFs

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if it's me. Sometimes stuff just breaks when I walk near it lol

(Like the reminder on my phone for my show's season premiere that just disappeared.. and then I figured out the on demand/DVR is not working, so I STILL can't watch it.. Kinda scared to walk by anything spendy at the moment..)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if it's me. Sometimes stuff just breaks when I walk near it lol

(Like the reminder on my phone for my show's season premiere that just disappeared.. and then I figured out the on demand/DVR is not working, so I STILL can't watch it.. Kinda scared to walk by anything spendy at the moment..)

giphy.gif

Yer a wizard Harry

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Week 2 summary:

• Eat at least 1200 cal by 8pm. Mostly check! MFP mostly worked.
  • No pre-packaged cereal (homemade muesli is ok--I don't put sweetened things in it). Found another box in the overflow pantry. I HATE wasting food, so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. Check! Supplies are dwindling, but should hold. Or I might be one of the crazy people at Wal-Mart at 3AM, itching for a fix.  Y'all can totally see me at the self-checkout with 4 jars of pb, eating out of one while scanning the rest, right? :P

NF rings & handstands

• Do the mobility drills from the handstands pack at least 3 times per week. Check! Included with daily yoga more often than not. Even threw in some of the core stuff, which sucked.
  • Incorporate ring work into lifting schedule. Check!

Mental health front:

• Log/journal/post daily. Log the happy things. Track the not-so-happy things. It may be there's a pattern to the madness. Check!  
  • Do not weigh myself til the end of the challenge Uhh.. does delirious, early morning accidental weigh in count against me? :lol: Whoops.
  • Don't just stalk. Actually post in other people's threads. Check, except the weekend.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 5/7. Note the app was misbehaving once again. Able to spend some lingots to keep streak intact, but not actually able to make it all the way through sessions.

Skin care 6/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 47 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 4. Debating a reward of some sort if I finish the full year without missing a single day. 

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 2. Don't forget front split practice! Check! Took a hit this week. Could probably come up with some valid reasons, but mostly I just didn't want to. Will do better.

Overall, not a bad week. Not some of my best work, but a passing grade in most categories is good enough for now. Sharks combined with record heat doesn't make you want to DO ALL THE THINGS! as it turns out. I don't usually complain about heat (save during running), but it's been real. (Took asthma kitty to vet Friday afternoon and forgot to give her a puff of albuterol beforehand so had to full blast the AC to try and keep her cool.) Anyways, kitty's fine and so am I, so we'll just focus on that and move it right along. And perhaps pray for January before we all spontaneously combust..

giphy.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. Check! Supplies are dwindling, but should hold. Or I might be one of the crazy people at Wal-Mart at 3AM, itching for a fix.  Y'all can totally see me at the self-checkout with 4 jars of pb, eating out of one while scanning the rest, right? :P

Gqeflmp.gif 

Everyone has their moments. :) Hang in there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Gqeflmp.gif 

Everyone has their moments. :) Hang in there. 

Lol. Thanks! That gif is both hilarious and actually very appropriate since I did rather trip up last night. Let's just say that the community property pb stock is now considerably less than it was at this time yesterday. ;) That being said, I also feel much, much better than yesterday. So, it would seem to suggest that I'm failing to properly fuel myself once again, despite not being exceedingly hungry. I might be dumping more fats in my lunches to see what happens, if I can't work my target minimum up with snacks or something. Preferably before the next bonanza. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

That being said, I also feel much, much better than yesterday. So, it would seem to suggest that I'm failing to properly fuel myself once again, despite not being exceedingly hungry. I might be dumping more fats in my lunches to see what happens, if I can't work my target minimum up with snacks or something. Preferably before the next bonanza. 

yessss all the fuel. You do it so I can copy you! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RedStone said:

yessss all the fuel. You do it so I can copy you! 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Given my history, dramatically reenacted in gifs, maybe not a great strategy to copy lol ;)

Food is tough sometimes, especially finding that whole 'enough' thing I've heard about.  But, we can do this thing! :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also, adorable cat gifs (and copycat gifs :D) are adorable.

• Like 3

Week 3 summary:

• Eat at least 1200 cal by 8pm. Mostly check! Restaurant food is hard to factor properly.
  • No pre-packaged cereal (homemade muesli is ok--I don't put sweetened things in it). Still working on box from overflow pantry. But, did not buy any at the grocery yesterday.
  • Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. Check! The idea behind this goal was to limit intake, so for that I think we'll mark it successful. But I also have a sneaky suspicion Imma buy like 15 jars when I'm 'allowed' to at the end of this week.  :rolleyes: We'll see how it goes.

NF rings & handstands

• Do the mobility drills from the handstands pack at least 3 times per week. Check! Included with daily yoga more often than not. Did a bit of the core stuff too, which still sucks.
  • Incorporate ring work into lifting schedule. Check! Inching ever so slowly forward each week. Painfully slow progress is still progress.

Mental health front:

• Log/journal/post daily. Log the happy things. Track the not-so-happy things. It may be there's a pattern to the madness. Check!  
  • Do not weigh myself til the end of the challenge Check!
  • Don't just stalk. Actually post in other people's threads. Check...ish.. Words are hard...

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7.

Daily duo 6/7. Only miss was because I fell asleep early.. 

Skin care 6/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 48 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 5. 

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice! Check! Much better bonus point total this week.

Think I set a new calorie burn PR (as measured by FitBit/includes everything) Saturday at 2783. AM run, some yard work/garage neatening in the afternoon, then some serious pacing during the football game. Interesting, though I still feel a bit skeptical. Judging by the averages, it is at least consistently inaccurate, if indeed it is inaccurate. No other notable things this week. Time to wrap this thing up!

giphy.gif

While my cats do indeed love to 'help' wrap presents, there would be blood if I tried to encase any part of them with crinkly paper..

• Like 4

13 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Especially if you put stuff on their head after. Yeah, mine would ignore the paper and just go right for my hands.

Lol. I have one that can tolerate (briefly) hats, etc. The others take it as an egregious insult to their cat-hood. However, the crinkly paper, yeah, they are all about that biz. They've been known to squeeze into half open boxes to steal the packaging paper. And as a general rule, unrolling a sheet of wrapping paper = instant cat(s)

giphy.gif

So much truth in this gif.

4 hours ago, RedStone said:

Dude that's a lot of checks! High five yo. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks!!  Hopefully building up some nice momentum towards the next round :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Lol. I have one that can tolerate (briefly) hats, etc. The others take it as an egregious insult to their cat-hood. However, the crinkly paper, yeah, they are all about that biz.

Commercially manufactured cat toys are one of the greatest scams ever. No matter how much money you spend on them, the cat still prefers a ball of crinkly paper, attached to a long string...

• Like 1

Commercially manufactured cat toys are one of the greatest scams ever. No matter how much money you spend on them, the cat still prefers a ball of crinkly paper, attached to a long string...
Or the box said toy came in..
7c8ea5551d8731e5ef59053015cb0db5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

You're right. One should never underestimate the power of sleep. Plus, sleepy duolingo is always a trainwreck anyways lol ;)

I barely english while sleepy, forget learning something else. I'd probably cast an unforgiveable curse on accident or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Plus, sleepy duolingo is always a trainwreck anyways lol ;)

Try to think of it as a realistic simulation of using the language once you've learned it a bit better. You won't be required to speak only when fully awake or sober, after all.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Try to think of it as a realistic simulation of using the language once you've learned it a bit better. You won't be required to speak only when fully awake or sober, after all.  ;)

Unless it's latin, cause that's how you get demons.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

I barely english while sleepy, forget learning something else.

Truth. I have to laugh when the little "helpful hint" comes up saying the best time to practice is before bed. Clearly they have no idea what I look like at night..

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

cast an unforgiveable curse on accident or something. 

Or summon Ragnarok.. Again. Dangit!

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Lol. I doubt I'd drunk Spanish any better than I do sober. Though I'd probably be fine as long as I was only required to speak food.. 

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

Unless it's latin, cause that's how you get demons.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Week 4 summary:

• Eat at least 1200 cal by 8pm. Mostly check! Not going to sweat the couple of days I was at around 1150. Close enough. It was more about the mental hurdle anyway.
  • No pre-packaged cereal (homemade muesli is ok--I don't put sweetened things in it). Still working on box from overflow pantry. But, did not buy any at the grocery yesterday.
  • Don't buy any more pb til the end of the round. Check! But I also have a sneaky suspicion Imma buy like 15 jars when I'm 'allowed' to at the end of this week.  It was 4..not including the almond butter.. Hello, my name is Amber, and I eat all the PB.

NF rings & handstands

• Do the mobility drills from the handstands pack at least 3 times per week. Check! Included with daily yoga more often than not. No core this week. But managed crow for 70 sec, so that's about back to where I was when I was at my best/ practicing the pose specifically every week. I understand that comes later in the program.
  • Incorporate ring work into lifting schedule. Check! Inching ever so slowly forward each week. Also, trying assisted dips/chinups after not having done them in awhile (and overdue for a deload) was hilarious.

Mental health front:

• Log/journal/post daily. Log the happy things. Track the not-so-happy things. It may be there's a pattern to the madness. Check! I will say that logging more than once/day has been interesting. There were a lot of days I guess I forgot that I'd felt off in some capacity throughout the day when I logged my goals, etc in the evening.
  • Do not weigh myself til the end of the challenge Check! Weighed in about where I expected to yesterday, so that was good. Not where I want to be, but not where I was afraid I'd be.
  • Don't just stalk. Actually post in other people's threads. Check...ish.. Didn't track this very well.

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo 7/7. Wasn't able to do the 'planned' reading, but still read a couple of chapters. App issues. (I swear it has to be me.. I misplaced my letter from Hogwarts or something)

Daily duo 7/7.

Skin care 6/7. Consistently short by one day, though rarely the same one. Oh well. Way better than when I started tracking.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 49 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 6. 

#Yoga365 730. 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice! Check!

Overall, pleased with how everything shook out this week/challenge. Fought the feeling that I should be doing more, to push a little harder. But I think it was good mentally to have something I could handle well (save perhaps the cereal goal..), particularly without adding a lot of extra stress. (Which BTW, doc says is something that I should work on. I recognize work stress, but not so much 'environmental' or accumulated stress, which isn't even mine in a lot of cases. I think I forget to factor fitness-related activities as stressors too, which if they aren't going the way I think they should can put a bee in my bonnet. And I know I tend to minimize things. My stuff may be small compared to what others walk through, but that doesn't mean it doesn't weigh anything, particularly if one is also carrying a lot of stuff that isn't necessarily yours to bear.) ANYWAYS. Learning to be ok with not being ok, and taking a step back to get a little perspective on what doesn't seem like that much but in reality is kinda a lot, has been a weird road. But, we keep walking, right? Right.

Okie-doke. That's about it. For those that made it through that little brain dump, congrats, you've unlocked this gif!

giphy.gif

Happy zero week, and see you all in the next round! :)

• Like 2